Zero Mini AVC for KSP v1.4.3

Mini AVC Removal Tool for KSP v1.4.3

Do you keep getting windows pop up with mods installed telling you that a particular mod or 40 doesn't work with your KSP version ...

Well this should solve that issue

Until such time as there is a caretaker for this mod I will endeavor to update it to the latest KSP version

This mod is only a recompile of what was there previously ... All credit goes to @Malah

Previous thread here: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/85834-130-malahs-quick-mods-20170531/&tab=comments#comment-1432590

Released under GPLv3

Download Link: https://github.com/DoctorDavinci/ZeroMiniAVC/releases/tag/v1.05

Edited by DoctorDavinci

1 hour ago, Beetlecat said:

Well, there we go! Malah's legacy is now complete! :D . TY for the recompile!

No problem ... took all of 2 minutes actually

It took longer to start a new thread ... not sure why it hasn't been updated by the new caretaker of malah's mods but I use it and figured everyone else should be able to use it if they so choose

Just now, DoctorDavinci said:

No problem ... took all of 2 minutes actually

It took longer to start a new thread ... not sure why it hasn't been updated by the new caretaker of malah's mods but I use it and figured everyone else should be able to use it if they so choose

I do that for myself (recompiling) quite a bit, but you're totally right- "taking over" a mod is a whole different ballgame. I'm assuming LGG just wants to give it an *actual* update/integration, rather than a quick & dirty recompile.

1 hour ago, Beetlecat said:

I do that for myself (recompiling) quite a bit, but you're totally right- "taking over" a mod is a whole different ballgame. I'm assuming LGG just wants to give it an *actual* update/integration, rather than a quick & dirty recompile.

You're welcome to believe that if you want ... Took me less than 5 minutes to fork, compile, reupload to my fork, set up the install package, upload that and then make this thread so not sure why it needs an update as all it does is remove Mini AVC ... Probably just a conflict of interest or something like that :wink:

`find . -name MiniAVC.dll -delete´ on a script that I call every time I update my GameData.

Windows users aren't alone in the dark neither, PowerShell is not so practical as UNIX tools, but it also does the job.

Oh, yes. I have KSP-AVC installed. Much better, and keeps me informed of new mod releases without harass me. :-)

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Loren Pechtel said:

CKAN?

why? The purpose of this mod is to remove the update notices from other mods for people who take manual control over their mod installs. If you have CKAN then you have a way of being notified when a new update is out - just do the update and you'll never be bothered by AVC messages

On 5/7/2018 at 2:11 PM, DoctorDavinci said:

Mini AVC Removal Tool for KSP v1.4.3

Do you keep getting windows pop up with mods installed telling you that a particular mod or 40 doesn't work with your KSP version ...

Well this should solve that issue

Until such time as there is a caretaker for this mod I will endeavor to update it to the latest KSP version

This mod is only a recompile of what was there previously ... All credit goes to @Malah

Previous thread here: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/85834-130-malahs-quick-mods-20170531/&tab=comments#comment-1432590

Released under GPLv3

Download Link: https://github.com/DoctorDavinci/ZeroMiniAVC/releases/tag/v1.05

Highlighted in red and underlined in case you missed it ... I do not intend on doing any work on it other than recompiling it

1 hour ago, Drew Kerman said:

was this in response to me? If so I don't get it.

It was to everyone who may visit this thread ... I keep getting messages about putting it on ckan or adding functionality to remove other stuff

Posting that clarifies my intentions :wink:

On 5/17/2018 at 4:33 PM, Drew Kerman said:

why? The purpose of this mod is to remove the update notices from other mods for people who take manual control over their mod installs. If you have CKAN then you have a way of being notified when a new update is out - just do the update and you'll never be bothered by AVC messages

Doesn't this mod also remove the actual update check?  They can be slow if a host is acting up.

• 3 months later...
On 9/21/2018 at 12:30 PM, Fengist said:

Hey @DoctorDavinci

Installed Zero to get rid of all the mini's lying around in my mods.  Seemed to work great with one minor problem.  The .version file you have in the distro says 1.0.5 and that it's for KSP 1.3.x.  Seems to work fine, just AVC is reporting it as outdated.

Two things.

First @DoctorDavinci has left the forums due to some issue

Second, I did adopt this, please use the one I have available

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.