Splash down sound effect too loud?

I'm kind of an aviation enthusiast, so I watch a lot of videos about. And since I lived in Amazon, where private aviation is a necessity to reach all the territory, I know of some interesting histories about "frontier style aviation".

One of these histories is about ditching on water - which in Amazon can be a real challenge, due the fast moving rivers and floating debris (there's nothing like Hudson there).

And ditching in water is LOUD. The splashing water reverberates on the fuselage, amplifying the sound. I have a video from a ditching, if you are interested. The pilot died, however (this was not depicted one the video - it happened on rescue - sadly). So, not exactly for the faint of heart.

But, other than that, yes. I noticed that also. I just don't think it's a glitch (perhaps an unintentional feature? =P)

I think this is similar to the many parachutes or lotsa engines LOUD NOISES! bug.    One engine makes a decent a mount of noise, but when you add a bunch of engines, it makes it really loud, cause they're all firing at once.   Same with splashing down, you have multiple parts of the vessel making the splash down noise at the same time. 

32 minutes ago, VaPaL said:

The most unreasonable loud noise for me is the Launch Stability Enhancer. Imagine if real lanches started with a *KAPLAN* (louder than the egine) before the engine sound. 

I know, right? But it's dem explusive bolts man, dem bolts  :sticktongue:

No, I agree with you. Bothers me since 1.0, when I first noticed it I believe.

I don't ever have this, because my sound is on low because I am usually watching a youtube video, usually a KSP or a non inappropriate and most of the time non fnaf videos.

when jump scares happen, it scares the crap out of me and I usually have to change the video because I don't want that happening.

11 hours ago, klesh said:

Sail a boat across the water and it is nonstop splashdown sounds.

Well, it's kinda like that in real life.  Try racing a yacht in rough waters.  Think sailing is calm and relaxing?  Nope, it's a turbulent, loud, jarring, and exciting experience. 

Have you tried the Windows (I imagine Mac and Linux have this also) volume equalization setting?   (In control panel click on sound, click on the icon for your speakers/headphones click on properties and then click on the enhancements tap then click on the Loudness Equalization check box.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.