[1.12.5] TechTrees: QUARTIX 3.7, TETRIX 2.23, SIMPLEX 1.33

theJesuit

New player here so first of all thank you very much for your work on this techtree, its awesome!

After updating to the latest release of Tetrix (2.3.B.20200511) I had a small error I thought I'd report.

When starting the game it reported 4 MM errors. Going through my log they all relate to what seems to be a mistaken "tab" press.

[ERR 00:43:02.292] Error - node name does not have balanced brackets (or a space - if so replace with ?):
AngleCanMods/TETRIXTechTree/TETRIXTechTree-LGGrequests/@PART[KAS.TJ1|KAS.JS1

[ERR 00:43:02.292] Error - node name does not have balanced brackets (or a space - if so replace with ?):
AngleCanMods/TETRIXTechTree/TETRIXTechTree-LGGrequests/@PART[KAS.W1|KAS.W2

AngleCanMods/TETRIXTechTree/TETRIXTechTree-LGGrequests/@PART[Torus125|T90Tee

[ERR 00:43:02.293] Error - node name does not have balanced brackets (or a space - if so replace with ?):
AngleCanMods/TETRIXTechTree/TETRIXTechTree-LGGrequests/@PART[LETladderF3m|LETladderD5m

Editing the file and removing the extra spaces the errors goes away. 

Keep up the great work :)

Edited by drizzit

6 minutes ago, drizzit said:

New player here so first of all thank you very much for your work on this techtree, its awesome!

After updating to the latest release of Tetrix (2.3.B.20200511) I had a small error I thought I'd report.

When starting the game it reported 4 MM errors. Going through my log they all relate to what seems to be a mistaken "tab" press.

AngleCanMods/TETRIXTechTree/TETRIXTechTree-LGGrequests/@PART[KAS.TJ1|KAS.JS1

AngleCanMods/TETRIXTechTree/TETRIXTechTree-LGGrequests/@PART[KAS.W1|KAS.W2

AngleCanMods/TETRIXTechTree/TETRIXTechTree-LGGrequests/@PART[Torus125|T90Tee

[ERR 00:43:02.293] Error - node name does not have balanced brackets (or a space - if so replace with ?):
AngleCanMods/TETRIXTechTree/TETRIXTechTree-LGGrequests/@PART[LETladderF3m|LETladderD5m

Editing the file and removing the extra spaces the errors goes away. 

Keep up the great work :)

Thanks!  That's been corrected for the next edition coming up in a few days, again to complete requests by Linuxgurugamer.  This was more of a Beta release.

Upcoming additions will include SXT, RecycledParts, Grounded, MAYBE Kerbal Foundaraies,   It will also fix the issue with additional nodes with the SpaceY mods.  I have planned an overall of the code that orgainses the upgrades.  I'll fix the OP at that point.

Peace.

4 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

Thanks!  That's been corrected for the next edition coming up in a few days, again to complete requests by Linuxgurugamer.  This was more of a Beta release.

Upcoming additions will include SXT, RecycledParts, Grounded, MAYBE Kerbal Foundaraies,   It will also fix the issue with additional nodes with the SpaceY mods.  I have planned an overall of the code that orgainses the upgrades.  I'll fix the OP at that point.

Peace.

Sorry did not realize it wasnt a full release, I just saw CKAN offered an update and thought I'd let you know :blush:

Dont use any of those mods yet myself but looking forward to future updates and always open to finding new stuff I didnt know I needed :D

6 minutes ago, drizzit said:

Sorry did not realize it wasnt a full release, I just saw CKAN offered an update and thought I'd let you know :blush:

Dont use any of those mods yet myself but looking forward to future updates and always open to finding new stuff I didnt know I needed :D

I know what you mean.  This exercise for LGG has been great, rediscovering some mods. I've been more of a stockish player recently but kopernicus 1.9 with JNSQ will mean a crack at this proper!

9 hours ago, mabdi36 said:

I assume SIMPLEX supports KIS and KAS as well?

No.  But I shall make it so this weekend (possibly as that tends to be more of a soon).

Thanks for pointing this out.

Peace.

Hi Jesuit, taking a look at the TETRIX tree for the first time.  For the opening node, I'm trying to understand the MK16 parachute placement.  Since the MK16 can't be used with Stayputnik would it make sense to swap it with the Mk-2R?  Same for Communotron 16 and the 16-S as early flights tend to be more in atmosphere?

47 minutes ago, Joker58th said:

Hi Jesuit, taking a look at the TETRIX tree for the first time.  For the opening node, I'm trying to understand the MK16 parachute placement.  Since the MK16 can't be used with Stayputnik would it make sense to swap it with the Mk-2R?  Same for Communotron 16 and the 16-S as early flights tend to be more in atmosphere?

One of these days I'll post a screen shot.

It requires some thinking outside the box.  And by box I mean the girder and moving it around using the placement arrows.  This can be surface mounted which means you can attach two parachutes to your craft.

Peace.

28 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

One of these days I'll post a screen shot.

It requires some thinking outside the box.  And by box I mean the girder and moving it around using the placement arrows.  This can be surface mounted which means you can attach two parachutes to your craft.

Peace.

Sure.  I know you can use the girder.  Just wondering why you went that direction rather than what I mentioned.  Trying to understand is all. 

Respectfully 

6 hours ago, Joker58th said:

Another question, why is the engine nerf config not included in TETRIX?  I see it in the SIMPLEX zip.

The reason is that TETRIX is designed to be used with mods including (especially) mods that make the launch from home world harder.

Take JNSQ as an example.  That effectively balances the stock engine profiles by changing the size of the planets.  Actually any scaled system by 2.5 would be much harder if the nerf in place as the efficiency and TWR would allow for you to get off the ground.  If you are using JNSQ then you probably want part mods that benefit from an extended tree such as this or CTT so I took it out.

There is another Simplex mod called Simplex Propulsion which includes the same nerf and is complimentary to either SIMPLEX or TETRIX TechTrees. This includes part upgrades on launch engines that reduce the nerf.  Dont worry as it doesnt double thd netf when used with the SIMPLEX techtree but I probably need to update it soon.

You could copy the nerf file to use in the TETRIX tech tree from the SIMPLEX one if you want.

Hi all, SIMPLEX got a small update. This is all.

CHANGELOG 1.15 25 May 2020

Added Kerbal Attachment System and Kerbal Inventory System
    Moved smallest wing, elevon, to stability
    Moved advance canard to specialized Control
    Adjusted ReStockPlus science box to basicScience

Peace.

56 minutes ago, mabdi36 said:

Hello!

Sorry to ask for so much, but I would be grateful if you could add support for Airplane Plus in SIMPLEX as well.

Thanks,

mabdi36

Sure!

Also, scansat apparently needs an update too.  

Peace.

1 minute ago, theJesuit said:

@linuxgurugamer ouch! Okay.  I'll have a look at this when I can tonight or tomorrow morning.  

Is your mod list still the same?

My mod list:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1wqdal9wk52a84r/WhereNoKerbal.txt?dl=0

Pretty much the same, I don't think I've changed any part mods.

If you want fun with CKAN, you can try to load all the mods with this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xz40c0rf8trr7yw/WhereNoKerbal.ckan?dl=0

Just updating the OP

Updated both TETRIX and SIMPLEX TechTrees.  Just adding SCANsat's update to both.

SCANsat is spread from tier 1 through to tier 7.  Low resolution through to hi resolution.  Altitude first (tier 1), biomes added in tier 2, resources added in tier 5 which is also where the stock scanners lie.

Happy for feedback.

Peace.

2 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

Well, heck. Tetrix may have me actually stop making / contributing to my own tech tree mods.

Although... there's no Airplane Plus on here...

Airplane Plus you say...

Well, I did rearrange airplane bits and pieces a little for SMX so I'll have a wee look.

Trying to get Simplex Resources updated though currently.  So no time line. 

Thanks for the suggestion though! 

Peace.