[1.12.5] TechTrees: QUARTIX 3.7, TETRIX 2.23, SIMPLEX 1.33

theJesuit

1 hour ago, theJesuit said:

The Mk2 on the other hand...

Do a lot of people make spaceplanes from mk2 parts then? Again, coming from a position of no experience whatsoever, I would have thought that if you have made a successful spaceplane from mk3 parts, you wouldn't want to "downgrade" it (remove the capability of taking 2.5m station parts as payload being the thing I would have thought would hurt most).  I'm sure I'm missing almost all of the finer points here though!

1 hour ago, theJesuit said:

I'll have a look at some point when I have time (maybe tomorrow?) I can send you an DM to create a CFG to put this in place

That would be outstanding, but don't feel you have to, I'm a long way off needing to use mk4 parts yet and it sounds as though you have an update planned for the not-too-distant future!

6 hours ago, theJesuit said:

I don't disagree about the Blackbird from the design aesthetic - that's another reason why it i had them initially around the other way on first release.  But you wouldn't necessarily take the Blackbird into orbit? The Mk2 on the other hand... the  mk1 also.

It's true we didn't take the Blackbird into space. Perhaps you could move the Mk2 parts earlier in the tree, but nerf them in some way that prevents them from being used as a spaceplane? Then use a later tech node to upgrade them back to stock performance? Then, of course, what would have stopped some kind of mad Kerbal genius from strapping a LF/O powered Blackbird variant to a shuttle stack if they wanted to? I feel like it should at least be an option.

And I feel like there really do have to be allowances for gameplay - there doesn't seem to be much of a point in achieving Mk2 spaceplanes after Mk3 spaceplanes besides style.

- I never included it!  Okay.  I'll have a look at some point when I have time (maybe tomorrow?) I can send you an DM to create a CFG to put this in place

I'd like to have that as well.

Oh, also, I was wondering why the 0.625m heat shield is way back in advanced construction while the larger 0.25m heat shield is in engineering 101.

Edited by theonegalen

4 hours ago, theonegalen said:

It's true we didn't take the Blackbird into space. Perhaps you could move the Mk2 parts earlier in the tree, but nerf them in some way that prevents them from being used as a spaceplane? Then use a later tech node to upgrade them back to stock performance? Then, of course, what would have stopped some kind of mad Kerbal genius from strapping a LF/O powered Blackbird variant to a shuttle stack if they wanted to? I feel like it should at least be an option.

And I feel like there really do have to be allowances for gameplay - there doesn't seem to be much of a point in achieving Mk2 spaceplanes after Mk3 spaceplanes besides style.

I'd like to have that as well.

Oh, also, I was wondering why the 0.625m heat shield is way back in advanced construction while the larger 0.25m heat shield is in engineering 101.

Okay.  When i get the chance I'll post it on here.

The 1.25m heat shield is at tier 1 with the mk1 command pod.  All 0.625m parts are tier 3? As they are a miniaturisation.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone 

Updated Tetrix. Simplex will come later.

The Update includes ksp 1.10.1, and updates to ResStockPlus, Raational Resources and OPT.

Peace.

Aldo to work on the mk2 and mrk3 flip.

Edited by theJesuit

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, randomspacedude said:

Can You Make It compatible With Blue Dog Design Bureau

I could.  But not in the near future due to RL.  

You aren't the first person to ask though so im sure I'll get round to it.

It would help if someone could give me a list of the different rocket 'types' so that i dont have to go work that out.  Then i can assign the types to a tier.

Peace 

Oh, I consider trying the TETRIX out.

The list of supported part packs became big, but unfortunately there still is no support for Bluedog Design Bureau ...

It would help if someone could give me a list of the different rocket 'types' so that i dont have to go work that out.  Then i can assign the types to a tier.

Some work. And then there is the fact that the dev branch of BDB looks promising - and a lot of stuff is new and another lot of stuff is deprecated then.

Another round of some work then.

Perhaps­™ it would be wise to base a work like this on the dev branch of BDB.

Edited by Gordon Dry

• 4 weeks later...

Hello! A question, and a comment about BDB support...

I'm noticing the huge difference between when 1.87 tanks are unlocked, vs when the Bobcat is unlocked - being "the" stock 1.87 engine. Tanks are mostly level 3, and the Bobcat is level 6. Just wondering if that's all laid out the way you intend.

One person's opinion about BDB support: when you use the stock tech tree with BDB, the parts unlock quite chronologically, meaning that can to build Vanguard/Explorer, then some unlocks get you Thor/Delta/Agena, followed by Atlas and then Titan ... in other words, it's already laid out mostly-probes first in the stock tree. Not sure what you could really add to that by spreading out the parts even more, other than just delaying the building of every model. Just an observation.

3 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

when you use the stock tech tree with BDB, the parts unlock quite chronologically, meaning that can to build Vanguard/Explorer, then some unlocks get you Thor/Delta/Agena, followed by Atlas and then Titan ... in other words, it's already laid out mostly-probes first in the stock tree.

Thats what i'd anticipate. 

I havent had time to work on this.  My usual 30 hour a day is reduced to an hour a week if that at the moment.

• 4 weeks later...

//	============================================================
//	*** kOS

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:NEEDS[KOS]
		{	MODULE	   
				{	name = kOSProcessor	   
				}
		}
	@PART[CherryLight|kOSMachineRad|kOSMachine1m|kOSMachine0m|KR-2042|KAL9000]:NEEDS[KOS]
		{	@TechRequired = unresearchable		
		}

Sorry, my post was angry.  I think this is not the best way to handle kOS.  I need multiple processors on craft and adding one to every command pod is not a good neutral solution for all player.s 

Edited by eberkain

30 minutes ago, eberkain said:

//	============================================================
//	*** kOS

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:NEEDS[KOS]
		{	MODULE	   
				{	name = kOSProcessor	   
				}
		}
	@PART[CherryLight|kOSMachineRad|kOSMachine1m|kOSMachine0m|KR-2042|KAL9000]:NEEDS[KOS]
		{	@TechRequired = unresearchable		
		}

Sorry, my post was angry.  I think this is not the best way to handle kOS.  I need multiple processors on craft and adding one to every command pod is not a good neutral solution for all player.s 

It is a fair enough comment.  There are a couple of other mods which are now doing this which may lead users to find that they have multiple processes which I think is what you are saying.

As you have brought it up as an issue, I will remove this in the future.  The next update won't happen until early December however. 

Peace.

@PART[Magnetometer|OMD]:NEEDS[ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads]
	{	@TechRequired = scienceTech
	}

Isn't the magnetometer a new stock part?  I couldn't find it in the tech tree anywhere.  From simplex. 

Edited by eberkain

2 hours ago, eberkain said:

@PART[Magnetometer|OMD]:NEEDS[ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads]
	{	@TechRequired = scienceTech
	}

Isn't the magnetometer a new stock part?  I couldn't find it in the tech tree anywhere.  From simplex. 

In don't think Simplex has been updated to 1.10.x sorry.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

SIMPLEX TechTree and TETRIX TechTree both have been updated to KSP 1.11.  

Support for the new Far Future Tech and dependencies has been added to TETRIX (not SIMPLEX).

I'll update the OP proper in the morning.

Peace.

There will need to be an update by New Year?  For FFT.  

Also, 

I've also decided that I'll have two additional 'start' nodes that can be bypassed if you want.  They'll be cheap will contain plane parts for those early biomes as the spread of parts across 5 x 15sci nodes is too grindy much playing on my favoured 50% science.  It won't affect starting uncrewed.

Peace.

Can the above.  I'm not going to add new nodes.  I've tried them out but don't like the look and it means forcing a crewed part early instead of it being optional.   Ot would also probably break saves.

Instead there will be a new 'stockish' experiment called 'Experimental Avionics' housed in the avionicsNoseCone which will be moved to the start node. 

The avionicsNoseCone will have its SAS feature nerfed to nill, but will be upgraded to full functuonality later in the tree where it used to be througb a stock PartUpgrade.

The experiment will work only while flying in an atmosphere, and flying low will be biome specific.  This will help push up to get those initial nodes easier, especially on the recommended 50% science but won't be much use until you reach Duna or Eve.

In saying this i wonder if i might put in a basic flight node for those initial propellors if Breaking Ground is installed.  I'll keep thinking about it.

Edited by theJesuit

• 4 months later...