[1.12.5] TechTrees: QUARTIX 3.7, TETRIX 2.23, SIMPLEX 1.33

theJesuit

Oh.  okay.  When I put the engines in, I placed them more in line with how they balanced against the vanilla engines rather than size - the Vector is a 1.25m engine but I wouldn't place it the first few nodes of the tech tree as an example.  I'll have to have another look when I get the chance, maybe over the weekend.

Probably due for an update anyway with a few tweaks I've found on a more productive career play though.

Peace.

6 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Hi everyone.

An update in the next couple of days coming since kerbalism introduced new containers this morning and some RestockPlus hemisphere tanks in the wrong places.

I'll check the balance of the MH engines too.

Peace.

Hello :) new adopter here, I was wondering if it was the tree or a mod (im using restock) I saw tanks in, if I recall correct the aerodynamic tree?

3 hours ago, Kerbal007 said:

Hello :) new adopter here, I was wondering if it was the tree or a mod (im using restock) I saw tanks in, if I recall correct the aerodynamic tree?

Welcome! Tanks are in the branch which is aerodynamics. (Fourth down) and they split into the top strand of tanks and bottom of wings,cones, fairings etc.

Currently some restock plus hemisphere tanks are mixed into the rocket engine nodes.

2 hours ago, RedDestiny said:

Hey, love this tech tree! just wondering, what happens to the parts from a unsupported mod? I've looked around and can't find a good answer. Are there the stock nodes (that i haven't noticed lol) that they get dropped into?

You are so right.  Yes. Basically they go in the stock nodes regardless of the tech tree, simplex or tetrix.  

What mod are you wondering about?

Peace.

In my game using TETRIX the radiators are locked until the 240 sci node Advanced Metalworks, with all of the folding radiators staying locked until the 480 node after that. In real life you need those unfolding radiators and a lot of them at that to have a functional space station. I know habitat heat management is not really modelled properly even by mods, but it may eventually, and it makes no sense to keep these locked for so long. In my opinion the small static radiator should be unlocked in Survivability, with the big static radiators being in Crewed Support, followed by one folding radiator per node afterwards from small to large in the Support line.

I don't know when they are unlocked in stock but stock has a pretty unrealistic tech tree anyway

Edited by Autolyzed Yeast Extract

5 hours ago, Autolyzed Yeast Extract said:

In my game using TETRIX the radiators are locked until the 240 sci node Advanced Metalworks, with all of the folding radiators staying locked until the 480 node after that. In real life you need those unfolding radiators and a lot of them at that to have a functional space station. I know habitat heat management is not really modelled properly even by mods, but it may eventually, and it makes no sense to keep these locked for so long. In my opinion the small static radiator should be unlocked in Survivability, with the big static radiators being in Crewed Support, followed by one folding radiator per node afterwards from small to large in the Support line.

I don't know when they are unlocked in stock but stock has a pretty unrealistic tech tree anyway

Fair call.

I guess the real question I would have is what are they used for in Stock?  Nuclear engines, isru and drilling? I sometimes use the static ones as funky structural pieces (or used too).

They won't go in the support branch as they arent specifically related to Life Support or crewed vessels.   I have thought about moving them to the construction branch though as when putting together KSPIE support I realised that they were more abut materials science which fitted with my thinking at the time.  I'll look at moving them earlier, but the idea is that they relate to some tech in the same tier.

As for the stations maybe parallel in rhe same tiwr where the SSPX station parts come in is where I shold at least start them.

Thanks for the thought though! 

• 1 month later...

Has anyone else encountered issues with Pressure Control not properly unlocking with Fuel Systems? In the research screen it shows Fuel Systems unlocking "Pressure control to pod, Pressure control to life support" obviously bulleted and spaced as the game does. In the VAB stock pods still show UNPRESSURIZED, although oddly the KW Rocketry (which may not be officially supported at this point?) Pod seems to have pressure control unlocked just as it should've, although it itself was unlocked after the Fuel Systems node. I did a little basic digging through the files but I'm no expert at KSP modding and I can't find anything obviously out of place or otherwise typoed. Running KSP 1.9.1 with Kerbalism 3.7, TETRIX 2.2.20200222. Not sure how to diagnose from here, I do have a decent number of other mods installed though nothing I can think of that would interfere here. Maybe I'm misunderstanding that TETRIX can be used with the stock Kerbalism Profile? Anywho I'm at a loss here, was having lots of fun with a Probes before Kerbal approach to things on offer here, now I might just wait until Kerbalism 4.0, which I understand is in the not too distant future.

3 hours ago, Bridger said:

Has anyone else encountered issues with Pressure Control not properly unlocking with Fuel Systems

Mmm.  I think there may actually a problem with the upgrades even with the stock tree.

Is this an issue with the already unlocked pods.  Like if unlock other stock pods after fuel systems does it work?

Peace.

1 hour ago, mabdi36 said:

Hello! Sorry if this is too much to ask, but is it possible to add Space Y Heavy Lifters support for Simplex? That would be awesome.

Thanks!

Sure.  When i get some free time I'll add it.  Working (teaching) from home currently with the family around is quite busy!

Hello everybody,

I wondered why the senior port of the ConstructionMod didn't appear in the Tetrix Techtree. The reason is a simple typo in GameData/AngleCanMods/TETRIXTechTree/TETRIXTechTree-ModParts.cfg

Open it in a editor and replace

@PART[ConstructionPort2]
                {       @TechRequired = Composites                      
                }

with

@PART[ConstructionPort2]
                {       @TechRequired = composites                      
                }

and the port is appearing again in the tech tree:)

@theJesuit Do you have a github/gitlab Account? I would have created a PR but I coudn't find a public repository for the mod. Thanks four your work, the TechTree is fantastic.

Regards, Johannes.

3 hours ago, jost said:

Hello everybody,

I wondered why the senior port of the ConstructionMod didn't appear in the Tetrix Techtree. The reason is a simple typo in GameData/AngleCanMods/TETRIXTechTree/TETRIXTechTree-ModParts.cfg

Open it in a editor and replace

@PART[ConstructionPort2]
                {       @TechRequired = Composites                      
                }

with

@PART[ConstructionPort2]
                {       @TechRequired = composites                      
                }

and the port is appearing again in the tech tree:)

@theJesuit Do you have a github/gitlab Account? I would have created a PR but I coudn't find a public repository for the mod. Thanks four your work, the TechTree is fantastic.

Regards, Johannes.

I will update it over the next 24 hours. - oh and no I don't have a Git account.  I do to PR kerbalism, but don't have my stuff hosted.

Thanks!

Peace.

Edited by theJesuit

You know about the pressure control with pods issue... I loaded up my modpack minus your tech tree mod, unlocked the supposed pod pressure control upgrade, and it turns out I get the same behavior.  Can anyone quickly clarify if the stock Kerbalism Mk1 pod gets built-in pressure control from the fuel systems node? I'm honestly somewhat of a noob to KSP/Kerbalism,  it could be I'm expecting behavior that's just not there. As is it's clear TETRIX is not to blame. Sorry for the confusion!

1 hour ago, Bridger said:

You know about the pressure control with pods issue... I loaded up my modpack minus your tech tree mod, unlocked the supposed pod pressure control upgrade, and it turns out I get the same behavior.  Can anyone quickly clarify if the stock Kerbalism Mk1 pod gets built-in pressure control from the fuel systems node? I'm honestly somewhat of a noob to KSP/Kerbalism,  it could be I'm expecting behavior that's just not there. As is it's clear TETRIX is not to blame. Sorry for the confusion!

It is definitely Kerbalism at fault.  This isn't going to be fixed as it is going through a massive, MASSIVE rewrite which will fix if not remove some of these things in order to get back to its core job of killing your kerbals.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, @theJesuit, I just installed TETRIX for the first time (KSP 1.9.1, latest TETRIX version), and I've got this in my R&D:

2PFLDOK.png

Is this a known issue? I've got tons of mods, but nothing that really relevant to tech tree except TETRIX. Is there a way to determine the cause of this without going through the painful mod compatibility grind? :D

@theJesuit, I did the compatibility test though regarding the issue in the post above. It appears that TETRIX is incompatible with WarpPlugin from KSPIE. Steps to reproduce:

1. Update to KSP 1.9.1;

2. In Gamedata folder, have:

Squad
  SquadExpansion
  TETRIXTechTree (1.12)
  WarpPlugin (from KSPIE 1.25.11)
  ModuleManager.4.1.3.dll

3. Create new career;

4. Enter R&D;

5. See the research nodes scattered all around, one on top of each other, etc.

What can be done to fix this? :)

8 hours ago, aluc24 said:

@theJesuit, I did the compatibility test though regarding the issue in the post above. It appears that TETRIX is incompatible with WarpPlugin from KSPIE. Steps to reproduce:

1. Update to KSP 1.9.1;

2. In Gamedata folder, have:

Squad
  SquadExpansion
  TETRIXTechTree (1.12)
  WarpPlugin (from KSPIE 1.25.11)
  ModuleManager.4.1.3.dll

3. Create new career;

4. Enter R&D;

5. See the research nodes scattered all around, one on top of each other, etc.

What can be done to fix this? :)

Hi @aluc24

TETRIX Tech Tree starts from version 2 and is currently on 2.2, so I don't know where TETRIXTechTree (1.12) might come from but the SIMPLEX TechTree is on version 1.12.  Similar, but not the same :)

Also the TETRIXTechTree should be in the folder AngleCanMods/TETRIXTechTree.

I do seem to have included Simplex in that download too.  That is a mistake so thanks for making me go and look into it!

I have updated with the correction suggestion above the @jost found. Thanks to you both.

Peace.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone.  I'm working on an update with the recent ReStock+ and the Near future Launch Vehicles 2.0 updates.

I'm going to put the 5m stuff into tier 6 for both trees which means for Tetrix this will be before the 2nd R&D upgrade, but after for Simplex.  Tier 7 (the final tier in Simplex) will have the 7.5 stuff. Note that NFLV wasn't previously supported by Simplex. 

I'm also going to add a new node earlier to split for either the MP tanks or the smallest oscar types in TETRIX but in the same tier.  I can't remember which.

Hopefully release soon!

Anywho.  Peace.

@linuxgurugamer just told me about your tech tree.  This is awesome!  I love it!  The way you split up the tiers makes it really straightforward and all the new icons look really good too.  Did you make them yourself?

It seems like the more part packs I added to the tree I was working on, the more nodes I added.  If you find yourself running out of room, the tech tree arrows work fine left to right, right to left, and down to up. But up to down just doesn't work right.  I had to shift the node left or right to make it work.

Good luck and great job!

Edited by Probus

10 hours ago, Probus said:

@linuxgurugamer just told me about your tech tree.  This is awesome!  I love it!  The way you split up the tiers makes it really straightforward and all the new icons look really good too.  Did you make them yourself?

It seems like the more part packs I added to the tree I was working on, the more nodes I added.  If you find yourself running out of room, the tech tree arrows work fine left to right, right to left, and down to up. But up to down just doesn't work right.  I had to shift the node left or right to make it work.

Good luck and great job!

Thanks! I found right to left didn't work so well for some reason.  Not sure if that has changed.  Glad you like it.

What I did was work out how I felt about the number of tiers for the r&D upgrades, like three three three, and go from there.  I also wanted enough tiers that fitted in Nertea's Near Future and Far Future mods.  The final product needed to cope with KSPIE as well and FreeThinker gave me quite a bit of support on that.

The node artistry is all me.  Some of it is good, some is meh.

It sounds like I also have some other mods to integrate over the next few days.  So I'll update Simplex soon and Tetrix around the weekend.

Peace. 

On 5/6/2020 at 9:51 PM, theJesuit said:

It sounds like I also have some other mods to integrate over the next few days.  So I'll update Simplex soon and Tetrix around the weekend.

Hi everyone,

Linuxgurugamer supplied me with a list of mods to integrate far beyond what I would have ever pushed. Which is great as it will make the tetrix tech tree even more useful for a wider variety of people.  He helpfully had a timeframe of this Sunday... so there WILL be an update coming.  Intergrated highlights will include global/ground construction and Dmagic's orbital science.

See you you all soon!

5 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

Hi everyone,

Linuxgurugamer supplied me with a list of mods to integrate far beyond what I would have ever pushed. Which is great as it will make the tetrix tech tree even more useful for a wider variety of people.  He helpfully had a timeframe of this Sunday... so there WILL be an update coming.  Intergrated highlights will include global/ground construction and Dmagic's orbital science.

See you you all soon!

I will be starting my stream about 6:30 GMT-4 (Us Eastern).  Depending on how my day goes, I may actually do the install of the Tetrix mod during the beginning of the stream

I am actually very excited to do this and looking forward to Sunday

Edited by linuxgurugamer