Do cheats deactivate achievement permanently?

Hi so I remember someone mentioning that cheats disable achievements. 

I have a career save that I do not use cheats on. Xbox EE ( I only use cheats on sandbox mode)I also have a friend who cannot play the game without cheats. (Just laziness imo)

While having a mess around with some of my craft he activated  infinite fuel and I immediately  told him to deactivate the cheats. 

But I'm curious if this will have permanently disabled achievements on this save? 

If so then I'm going to be really annoyed and have to start again.

So if anyone could clarify , Would be much appreciated. 

Edited by mikey117

On the consoles, yes. The first time in each save that anyone attempts to open the debug menu, there is a warning dialog. It says "if you continue into the debug menu, achievements will be permanently disabled for this save" or something similar to that -- with a Continue and Cancel button. If you hit the Continue button, then achievements really do get permanently disabled for that save. Sorry.

45 minutes ago, mikey117 said:

:/ oh no way I'm fuming I've almost completed the tech tree ,got about 10 million funds and am just about to launch my first trip to the jool system.

Thanks for the reply though.

If you're like the rest of us, this is the first of about 20 times you'll do that.

In different saves :D

2 hours ago, klesh said:

Morale of the story is don't let your friend who uses cheats all the time fire up your precious career save.  Why not set him up in the sandbox game?

Yeah I hear you dude. But at the same time I shouldn't have to  babysit a grown man of 30 years old.

But yeah that's the final nail in the coffin for him getting a shot of any of my games. 

And you better believe he will be hearing from me tonight when I get home from work. 

I understand needing to use cheats for a variety of limited scenarios, but I can't understand playing the game regularly with cheats.    I mean, give the thing solar panels, and a bigger tank and engine for petes sake.  

3 hours ago, Gargamel said:

I understand needing to use cheats for a variety of limited scenarios, but I can't understand playing the game regularly with cheats.    I mean, give the thing solar panels, and a bigger tank and engine for petes sake.  

Yeah it really annoys me watching him play with cheats all the time. And launching huge un aerodynamic vessels that are way overkill for the job. Even then he still uses cheats.

Personally I don't see the point of playing this game  if your not willing to learn at all. And just using cheats.

It's not just KSP though once he discovers cheats / console commands are available for a game. That's it it's just cheat / spawn everything in.

Pointless. 

1 hour ago, mikey117 said:

Yeah it really annoys me watching him play with cheats all the time. And launching huge un aerodynamic vessels that are way overkill for the job. Even then he still uses cheats.

Personally I don't see the point of playing this game  if your not willing to learn at all. And just using cheats.

It's not just KSP though once he discovers cheats / console commands are available for a game. That's it it's just cheat / spawn everything in.

Pointless. 

I feel ya, I don't understand it, but it is a 1 player game.  If he enjoys playing that way, so be it!  The nice thing about KSP is that it really can be enjoyed either way.

Just don't let him play your saves. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.