part squashed in game

recently made a jet engine, which looks fine in unity but is ruined in game.

https://imgur.com/a/YAQ2Ju9
https://imgur.com/a/UG2bA96

on a side note, you can see i'm making a BMW-003. early jets like these had slow throttle response and high fuel consumption. how would i properly modify these attributes in the config file, as well as thrust curves? i also used the j20 juno config as a base if that helps. also, the engine is facing the wrong way and the attachment point doesn't line up.

Edited by halowraith1

Hi did you scale your game object parent?  i looks like you did, this will show exactly what you show in SPH.  It's never good to scale the parent object.  Also good practice to have all the model scales set to one, or a known value, so that you can scale it on import to unity if required . As for the other issues the alignment, Jet engines point downward in unity as in the image below

Spoiler

RTDyOA3.png

For thirsty inefficient engines, SM Stryker has some good examples of early jets , though many other aero mods have similar, and thats the place to check, part cfg's . Thrust curves can be reused from similar engines, BUT, it's much more interesting if you get the unity float curve editor, there are links here for it somewhere,  and make it work how you feel it should.
You can do the node placement in unity ,  place and empty game object at the location of the node and rotate it until , in that engines case Z+ points straight up, giving cordinates of something like 0,  0.xxx,  0, and you can transfer that number direct to the part cfg , or use the method below, Name your Node  and use this in cfg

NODE
	{
	name = Node1
	transform = Node1
	size = 0
	method = FIXED_JOINT
	}

brilliant. more problems; part attachment nodes are not working. it's be great if somebody made a start-to-finish tutorial that treated the viewers like children; i seriously have no idea what i'm doing and tons of the documentation is outdated. it's one thing after the other.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.