[1.10] Rocket Emporium 1.8.5 (2020-07-15)

Katten

2 hours ago, VaPaL said:

Haha, WOW! That was a great video, thanks for making it! Can I link it in the OP?

Really fun, and I appreciate that you went into such detail of my silly parts!

Point taken for the pods - they will be moved in the next release =)

@Katten The video is no mine, it's from @Kottabos. He has a series of videos from KSP mods. All great videos. I just posted here to make you aware of it :D

Most mods that he made vídeos for used them on the OP, so I think he is ok with it.

Edited by VaPaL

4 minutes ago, VaPaL said:

@Katten The video is no mine, it's from @Kottabos. He has a series of videos from KSP mods. All great videos. I just posted here to make you aware of it :D

Most mods that he made vídeos for used them on the OP, so I think he is ok with it.

Ahaa, I see! Alright, thanks for linking it then! =D

1 hour ago, VaPaL said:

Np :)

Great mod btw, will try it out tonight (on 1.2.2 unfortunately, but I think should work fine). Congrats :D 

So, just FYI, it works fine in 1.2.2, except the texture change for the AID-X2 Decoupler due to the lack of this feature in this version. But all of this is as expected :P

3 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

@Katten I suggest to change the textures from .tga to .dds with mipmaps.

Good idea, I'll look into it! =)

v1.1.1
Large space sphere
* added a stockish texture
* solved some normal maps issues

15 minutes ago, Elon Kerman Jr said:

@KattenThis looks really good I might try and make Luna 9 with this. Do you plane to make more things.

Yes! A bigger luna 9 ball, a luna 9 like engine, surveyor 3 frame and legs.. and other things =) 

Hello,

I think I ran into a litle proplem with the 3.75m Ball. I had it on an Lander as a Heat und Impact shield and when i was enterd back in Kerbins atmosphere it immediately burned. I also noticed that it did not use any ablator. Maby this was the Problem?

Edited by Lambda_9
spelling mistake

On 5/17/2018 at 1:28 AM, Elon Kerman Jr said:

Cool It would be cool if you made probe like nasa insight

v1.2.0:
Added a fairing that fits a 3.75m heat shield

ThermalFairingEditor.png?raw=true

7 hours ago, Lambda_9 said:

Hello,

I think I ran into a litle proplem with the 3.75m Ball. I had it on an Lander as a Heat und Impact shield and when i was enterd back in Kerbins atmosphere it immediately burned. I also noticed that it did not use any ablator. Maby this was the Problem?

It was meant as a space only thing, considering the shape might not be optimal for reentry. Actually I have since removed the ablator completely. I'm open for suggestions tho =)

11 hours ago, Katten said:

It was meant as a space only thing, considering the shape might not be optimal for reentry. Actually I have since removed the ablator completely. I'm open for suggestions tho =)

oh okay, but thanks anyway

looks great.

a long time ago there was a mod, [1.0.4] Oblivion Aerospace Pack: Now supports stock heating! (v0.1.5, 2015-06-24), that had conical heat shields and covers.  it has been gone now for a long time.  it was very useful in building viking, curiosity and other mars probes that needed to do re-entry then pop the top and start various other ways to slow down.

This is a step in that direction, thanks.  maybe if possible you might look at some of the old conical heat shield shapes and see how hard it would be to bring something like that back.  maybe????

again, thanks for a great mod that is getting better and better.

cheers.

and ablator is good, real good....

1 hour ago, drtedastro said:

looks great.

a long time ago there was a mod, [1.0.4] Oblivion Aerospace Pack: Now supports stock heating! (v0.1.5, 2015-06-24), that had conical heat shields and covers.  it has been gone now for a long time.  it was very useful in building viking, curiosity and other mars probes that needed to do re-entry then pop the top and start various other ways to slow down.

This is a step in that direction, thanks.  maybe if possible you might look at some of the old conical heat shield shapes and see how hard it would be to bring something like that back.  maybe????

again, thanks for a great mod that is getting better and better.

cheers.

and ablator is good, real good....

Thanks! 

What other heat shields do you have in mind?
Regarding ablator, do you mean regarding the "space shere" or in general? =)

any and all, if possible.

any new shapes and methods to not burn up are always great..

with what you have, and the 'normal', i can only think of nasa's conical ones. 

at least for now.

That old mod was really great.  it was ahead of its time and it is a real shame it disappeared.

your great stuff is some of the first new heat deflection devices we have had in a long time...

really, really nice.

thanks.

On 5/18/2018 at 9:27 PM, Katten said:

Added a fairing that fits a 3.75m heat shield

Awesome new part :D

On 5/18/2018 at 9:27 PM, Katten said:

I'm open for suggestions tho =)

I thought that, by the priece, weight and size of the closed half it would be nice to have a reaction wheel built in :P 

EDIT: Oh! and I changed the places of the parts in the Tech Tree, put the Spherical Probe Container in miniaturalization, the Reentry Container in landing and the Space Container in heavy landing. FOrget to change the decouplers though XD. I'm not shure if these places are optimal, but I just wanted to include some progression :) 

Edited by VaPaL

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.