[1.10] Rocket Emporium 1.8.5 (2020-07-15)

Katten

On 2/23/2019 at 11:14 PM, infinite_monkey said:

Still having problems with the SL-1 landing legs. I'm not sure if it's a problem with KJR. Anyway, it says "Autostrut Locked: Heaviest Part". Is that intended?

I'm working on tuning the strength of them now! Don't know of any other problem, except they can flicker sometimes when extending.

For the offset shrouds bug,  I traced it down to a change in ModuleJettison in KSP v1.4.5. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a work around yet... There is some hope as the 2 stock parts that have the same situation (ModuleJettison + ModuleAnimateGeneric) are not affected by it. However, despite loading those models into blender I haven't been able to figure out what I am doing differently then those ones.

• 1 month later...
On 4/7/2019 at 10:11 PM, Raccoon said:

One of my fave mods by far when it comes to making probes. Any chance for a way to remove the checkered flag on the reentry sphere though? 

Thanks!

Sure, that could be an optional part variant! =)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Katten said:

Considering the nice hinges and similar now available in Breaking Grounds, I might as well remove the robotic parts from this mod.

Or does anyone see a reason not to? =)

you could have an MM patch that hides them if the DLC is installed but since robotics are not base game I don't see why any such parts should be removed

• 1 month later...

@Katten, have you looked at how the SOAP cameras interact with the scenery since v1.7.X?  I tried out the SOAP-1 on Kerbin and the Mun, in KSP v1.7.2 x64, and the scenery in a picture gets cut off beyond a certain distance, plus there's also no sky in the image (more specifically, no skybox I think).  I landed on the Mun, and I got a pic of some hills under a blank blue background.

Interestingly enough, when I launch off the Mun to about 10km up, I can capture an image of the skybox, but not the surface of the Mun or Kerbin on the horizon.

I think Squad re-did the Stock skybox in 1.7.X and it may be more than just better image detail.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, SeucheAnemone56 said:

Support for 1.7.x ? I'm pretty sure but no one updates their mods titles

I believe everything is working, and yes, I should get around to test and update it. Hopeful for some more time and energy =)

Actually, with the exception of some visual parts that have had problems since 1.4.x somewhere. Wish I could find a good workaround to continue focusing on further development of parts!

Edited by Katten

Tested in 1.7.3 and most stuff looks okey. Some previously existing issues continue to do so...
* the extra visual meshes that appear automatically when connecting some parts together, and are correctly visible in the VAB, continue to end up in the wrong place in flight. 
* the cameras don't record all layers of meshes, so for example Kerbin will not be shown from orbit - only the the stars
* sometimes the cameras will make part of the world darker until you have taken a photo, like the renderer has been messed up a bit

Edited by Katten

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2020 at 4:33 PM, KIMCHI said:

Is this 1.9.1 compatible and still being managed?

v.1.8.5

* Updated it on CKAN to indicate compatibility with KSP v1.4 - v1.10 =)

Edited by Katten

37 minutes ago, Daniel Prates said:

Those two little cameras ... maybe there could be a way that they would generate science points for, at least, the first  5 or 6 pictures? It would make it more fun to use on rovers/landers etc.

Keep an eye on this for when @linuxgurugamer finishes reviving it:

It has a science experiment for cameras that can be patched to work with others. I recall using it with Hullcam back in the day

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sadly, Rocket Emporium with Animated attachement makes for really mean duo in my campaign - adding those made some of decoupler joints wobbly like jello (despite KJR) and strangely cloned advanced options tab (1.10.1)

k64Yitq.png

Looks like this mod in its own \Plugins directory duplicates files form KSP\KSP_x64_Data\Manged\ Removing: Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll, Assembly-CSharp.dll, TDx.TDxInput.dll, UnityEngine.dll, UnityEngine.UI.dll fixes some problems

You also can fix (at least partially) wobbliness  editing AnimatedAttachment.cfg, making it works only with parts provided by Rocket Emporium but it doesn't fix bad shroud rendering and other small annoyances

Edited by Ravien
partial solution

• 1 month later...
On 12/6/2020 at 12:44 AM, Ravien said:

Oh no, did I include the dlls by mistake... again... sorry! 

Yeah the shroud issue is so annoying, it was something changed in 1.4.x I think. It happens on stuff that has a combo of animations and shrouds. It should be possible to solve, because there is one or two standard parts that have this, but I've spent too much time trying to find a solution and given up at this stage =S

• 2 weeks later...

hey @Katten I've discovered the latest version 1.8.5 under KSP 1.10.1 breaks the settings menu. It shows an Advanced Options (1) and Advanced Options (2) and if you click on either it selects both and shows double options and breaks the UI. Tested with stock + both DLC and no other mods except MM

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.