[1.10] Rocket Emporium 1.8.5 (2020-07-15)

Katten

On 5/20/2018 at 5:44 AM, Katten said:

What do you think of masses over all? I would like that it is possible to make realistic probes for real scale. Like, many stock items are incredibly heavy. The Luna 9 lander sphere was only 99kgs in real life with equipment.

I thought about this, stock masses are all over the place. I normally do rockets for payload classes (in masses to LKO) and they normally go as: 1500kg, 3000kg, 15000kg, 40000kg. It's very hard to do something at say 5000kg. I did a mun surface return probe with most of the stock experiments for less than 3000kg and the smallest crewed lander I could do (Apollo style) was 12000kg. So I think the masses are more a question of how you would like to balance your parts.

I changed my mind about the RB-1 Spherical Probe Container. It's mass and price are don't support a built-in reaction wheel. But, if I may suggest, I think a little pump in price and 0.05t in mass for said built-in reaction wheel would be nice. Being the smallest one, it would free a lot of space inside of it, at least for the way I used it :P 

EDIT:

On 5/24/2018 at 5:54 PM, Katten said:

Hehe, any requests?

I'm very found of this mod due to it's focus on landing probes. But I think I may also like some rover parts, like small/tiny rover cores and small/tiny deployable wheel. Most rover mods are crewed rovers or add science parts for it. Also, I would enjoy your creative take on the subject as well! :D 

Edited by VaPaL

18 hours ago, VaPaL said:

I changed my mind about the RB-1 Spherical Probe Container. It's mass and price are don't support a built-in reaction wheel. But, if I may suggest, I think a little pump in price and 0.05t in mass for said built-in reaction wheel would be nice. Being the smallest one, it would free a lot of space inside of it, at least for the way I used it :P 

Nice lander! How... does it survive impact? I didn't see a chute =)

I think I will rework RB-1 to open up the bottom half, then we can put whatever there! I was just afraid of multiple colliders slowing the cpu in the beginning, but I have since abandoned that fear :p

16 hours ago, Scorpiodude said:

I would like a retractable rover wheel. Or maybe a Prop-M like ski thing (prop-m was a rover on mars 3 a Russian mars mission.) These are some requests and ideas that I had and it would be cool to see them in game.

Me too! I think it should be possible. Any ideas on how they would look?

4 minutes ago, Katten said:

Nice lander! How... does it survive impact? I didn't see a chute =)

It's still WIP, I'm making it to Duna, but this career save is still in the Kerbin SOI, but soon(TM) I will be able to send it. I'll post pictures of it landed on Duna! :) 

On 5/28/2018 at 12:34 AM, JH4C said:

Just a thought: shouldn't the TexturesUnlimited.cfg patch have a switch so that it only tries to install if I'm actually using Textures Unlimited?

I really love those tiger tiny feet, they're neat.

Thanks! 

Hmm, do you mean that it should have some more MM config requirements in there? I'm not too familiar with MM to tbh.

v1.4.1 - Bye bye, stage 2!
Decouplers:
* Fixes the ejection force 
* Minor visual improvements 
* Added colliders to the bars 

Unfortunately, the fix required moving the center of the decouplers, so your previous saves will most likely have some weird positioning of your decouplers. Sorry!

Edited by Katten

3 hours ago, Katten said:

Thanks! 

Hmm, do you mean that it should have some more MM config requirements in there? I'm not too familiar with MM to tbh.

Yes, there's a MM command you put at the top of the file that states a named mod needs to be present in order for the contained cod to be executed. If you check other addons you might have installed that have dependencies, optional or compulsory, you should notice that during the definition of a part modification there will be ":NEEDS[ModNameHere]" at the end of the first line. I'm not a TexturesUnlimited user, and your patch looks a little different to the others I've nosed about in, so I'm not entirely sure where it should end up in your .cfg; could be after just one of the definitions, could be both.

I installed the newest update, but the RB1 and RB2 are apearing as black, not grey, i also have TexturesUnlimited installed, should i delete the config in the rocket emporium folder?

JsykNDN.png

17 hours ago, JRR said:

From wich mod is that yellow cockpit?, haven't seen many mods with yellow parts

I'm still playing 1.2.2, but maybe there's an unofficial patch for 1.4. Check the newest comments.

On 6/3/2018 at 9:01 AM, JRR said:

I installed the newest update, but the RB1 and RB2 are apearing as black, not grey, i also have TexturesUnlimited installed, should i delete the config in the rocket emporium folder?

JsykNDN.png

I am also getting this bug any ideas on how to get rid of it?

9 hours ago, Scorpiodude said:

I am also getting this bug any ideas on how to get rid of it?

I will solve this is in the next patch. Meanwhile, please remove TexturesUnlimited.cfg, that should do the trick.

3 hours ago, Elon Kerman Jr said:

@KattenWht updates do you have can I see a Snek Pek 

Right now I'm working on a little sumtin sumtin, a plugin that enables generic animations to move attached part =) So a light weight option to infernal robotics etc. 

The goal is to be able to that mars rover lander that opens up with the rover on one of the sides.. =) But right now I'm testing the concept with a simple extensible arm and a hinge.

9 minutes ago, Elon Kerman Jr said:

What does it do? 

You can move parts, for example to extend antennas or science instruments further from the craft, or folding in wheels. there is an extending boom, a 90 degree hinge and a 90 degree rotator. Sub parts need to be stack attached tho. Next step is coming up with more cool usage of this besides those basic parts already added =)

21 minutes ago, Katten said:

You can move parts, for example to extend antennas or science instruments further from the craft, or folding in wheels. there is an extending boom, a 90 degree hinge and a 90 degree rotator. Sub parts need to be stack attached tho. Next step is coming up with more cool usage of this besides those basic parts already added =)

Ok I think I am almost ready to do a insight launch with the now made parts also will you make a small Canda arm for probes that can grab on to thing or be used for small stations? =D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.