Star Mods: Craft Manager!

SQUAD

tumblr_inline_p8gy9uDZUO1rr2wit_540.png
tumblr_inline_p8gya3dkyI1rr2wit_540.jpg

This mod lets you search for craft by name, you can sort the list of craft by various craft attributes and you can assign tags to craft so you can organize them into groups.  And of course, you can also upload your craft to KerbalX, download other craft….all from the same interface! By Katateochi  #KSP

Thanks for the spotlight on this @SQUAD!!
Just to note: The KerbalX integration aspect is optional (opt-in), so you don't have to be a KerbalX user to use the core features.
I'm working on a few suggested improvements for it now, which I hope to have out soonTM.

One of my favorite mods. Works much faster than the stock craft loading interface, especially when one has 300+ crafts. Filters, categories, tags, search functionality, easy renaming and description editing - this is one awesome quality of life tool for all players. My deep gratitude @katateochi for your contributions to our community.

2 hours ago, pandaman said:

This looks very useful.  Will give it a try.

It looks useful because you never used it. Once you use it you realize it's absolutely indispensable  :-)

13 minutes ago, Lisias said:

It looks useful because you never used it. Once you use it you realize it's absolutely indispensable  :-)

I just mentioned this in the mod thread, but I think @katateochi has come up with a mod that may end up in the same discussion as KAC and such that "should be in stock".  Grats!

Just for the ability to sort the list of craft by date (i.e. most recent at the top) makes this worth installing. It's just amazing no one else (especially Squad) has done this before. 

I only now need the sort choice for parts (particularly Mass) to be made sticky between visits to the VAB/SPH and I'll be over the Mun. 

Edited by Foxster

23 hours ago, Foxster said:

Just for the ability to sort the list of craft by date (i.e. most recent at the top) makes this worth installing. It's just amazing no one else (especially Squad) has done this before. 

:) 

23 hours ago, Foxster said:

I only now need the sort choice for parts (particularly Mass) to be made sticky between visits to the VAB/SPH and I'll be over the Mun. 

If I understand you correctly, then set your course for a Munar intercept!  Persistent sort is already a feature; it will remember what you've sorted the craft list by and if you've reversed the sort direction. That will persist over visits to the editors and over KSP restarts. It also persists if you've chosen to show/hide the stock craft that come with KSP, which tag filters are active and if you've switched to 'compact mode'.  

1 hour ago, katateochi said:

:) 

If I understand you correctly, then set your course for a Munar intercept!  Persistent sort is already a feature; it will remember what you've sorted the craft list by and if you've reversed the sort direction. That will persist over visits to the editors and over KSP restarts. It also persists if you've chosen to show/hide the stock craft that come with KSP, which tag filters are active and if you've switched to 'compact mode'.  

Ah, sorry, I wasn't clear. I was not talking about this excellent mod. 

I was talking about the SPH/VAB part list. Being unable to have the part sort order remembered between visits to the craft builder has been my other pet peeve with KSP, along with a useless craft open dialogue that you have now fixed. 

1 hour ago, Foxster said:

Ah, sorry, I wasn't clear. I was not talking about this excellent mod. 

I was talking about the SPH/VAB part list. Being unable to have the part sort order remembered between visits to the craft builder has been my other pet peeve with KSP, along with a useless craft open dialogue that you have now fixed. 

ah, gotcha, yes that would be nice to have. I also really want to have sorting and grouping in the astronaut complex; have all astronauts of the same type grouped together and sorted by their rank....and all the gazillions of tourists (I use tourism plus) in a separate (maybe even hideable) group.  Unfortunately I've got exactly zero idea how to modify an existing list object.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.