The food you're craving right now...

adsii1970

What's really neat about the KSP forum is we have all kinds of threads. We have threads about what song is stuck in our heads, we have an entire subforum discussing our favorite mods, movies, and even a thread for dating advice. But what I find is missing is a thread about... FOOD. We know that our Kerbals love their snacks, but well, what do we snack on?

Come on, admit it. We all have those strange moments in our lives where we get a strong craving for a certain food. And if you're like me, that food (or beverage) craving can be triggered by events, a commercial on television, or even just catching a whiff of something in the air. At other times, those cravings seem to come at us from nowhere and won't go away, no matter what we try. There are some of us who try to resolve the craving by eating something else, a healthier choice, but all it does is make us crave what we want even more.

So, at this moment, what is the food/beverage item you're craving?

Being the person I am, I'll admit it first. After getting back from walking 4.75 miles (7.64 kilometers) in an hour and twenty minutes, and after a shower, I am now craving fried clams...

Cadburys milk chocolate at the moment. I just found some in the fridge, and I want it so bad but I'm reluctant to eat it because I don't know if it's for me......

(BTW, Cadburys chocolate is a kind of chocolate in the UK. Among other things, you can get OREO FLAVOUR. Yes.)

Everyone around me is munching on Ice cream right now. I absolutely hate Ice cream, but considering they are eating ice cream in a waffle sandwich, i now crave waffles.

I haven't eaten waffles in a long time, i sometimes eat the cheap, vending machine Belgain waffles at school, but i absolutely hate those, i only eat them when i don't have anything else to eat, because those things are the Nuclear Fuel of the vending machines compared to all the ricecakes and candy-bars.

I crave waffle-waffles (don't know what you actually call them) with syrup drizzled on top, oh, and don't forget the fried chicken! Last time i ate that dish was about a year ago, when i visited South-East England. I hope im going back there this year, so i can absorb that food once again.

it's pretty fun that you created such a thread, as I was thinking about making one for the cooking fans and lovers since months :D

Well, right now (and since a week), I'm just dreaming for a good and true couscous... one like only the mother of a Moroccan friend of mine was knowing how to make.

True Italian food is missing to me, also.

Edited by XB-70A
Removed a "bad word", as it probably was forbidden.

44 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Cadburys milk chocolate at the moment. I just found some in the fridge, and I want it so bad but I'm reluctant to eat it because I don't know if it's for me......

(BTW, Cadburys chocolate is a kind of chocolate in the UK. Among other things, you can get OREO FLAVOUR. Yes.)

Oh, I love the Cadbury's with fruit and nuts... best chocolate in the world. American chocolate is so crappy...

28 minutes ago, NSEP said:

I crave waffle-waffles (don't know what you actually call them) with syrup drizzled on top, oh, and don't forget the fried chicken! Last time i ate that dish was about a year ago, when i visited South-East England. I hope im going back there this year, so i can absorb that food once again.

Waffles are always good. My daughter loves it when I make them homemade. Last weekend, I played around with the recipe last Saturday to answer her challenge. She wanted me to make waffles which tasted like the mint chocolate chip ice cream. Oh, and mission accomplished!

25 minutes ago, XB-70A said:

it's pretty fun that you created such a thread, as I was thinking about making one for the cooking fans and lovers since months :D

Well, right now (and since a week), I'm just dreaming for a good and true couscous... one like only the mother of a Moroccan friend of mine was knowing how to make.

True Italian food is missing to me, also. 

Man, I love food. I've been wanting to do a food-themed thread for a while. I love to cook and bake.

Couscous is great - as long as the person knows how to make it. I've had some that probably could best described by the profane word you used that you edited out.

And funny you should say that about Italian food. I love Italian food - and am learning how to cook Tuscany style recipes.

11 minutes ago, LordFerret said:

Coffee... always.

And Jelly Beans, I can't say no to Jelly Beans.

I love the Australian black licorice ones. I have no idea where my wife finds them, but man, are they good. The ones from Jelly Belly aren't too bad...

1 minute ago, p1t1o said:

Anyone ever tried that salty licquorice from Scandinavia?

Hide contents

You might like it if you like torture, hell and awful things.

You know, I'll try anything once. If it doesn't kill me, I might try it twice... :D

@adsii1970 It didnt help that I was feeling adventurous and bought something that looked tasty without being able to understand the packaging. In hindsight, the sweets being fish-shaped should have been a red flag lol

3 hours ago, NSEP said:

waffle-waffles (don't know what you actually call them) with syrup drizzled on top

Stroopwaffels? Or just normal waffles?

Currently I've been having these amazing dried mango things. But a nice bit of steak would be nice.

16 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Stroopwaffels? Or just normal waffles?

Normal waffles. Stroopwafels are overrated. You can eat an entire pack when you are hungry, maar ik heb nu even geen trek*

one-does-not-simply-eat-just-half-a-pack

*But im not hungry right now

1 hour ago, LordFerret said:

Early on, was it Gummy Bears or Swedish Fish that had the ethylene glycol in them? :confused:

(It was why the kids were immune to the cold in winter ;) )

I forgot about that. It almost ruined Haribo.

1 minute ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Also, ice cream. THE BEST flavour of ice cream is, of course, mint chocolate chip. @adsii1970 Mint flavoured waffles? Sign me up!!!!

SACRILEGE!!! I don't like mint as an ice cream flavor. Its horrible.

Coffee FTW!!!!

Just now, qzgy said:

SACRILEGE!!! I don't like mint as an ice cream flavor. Its horrible.

Coffee FTW!!!!

Do you mean normal coffee, or coffee flavoured ice cream? Because I’m sorry but coffee ice cream is :0.0:

(there needs to be a kerbal puke emoticon)

Do you mean normal coffee, or coffee flavoured ice cream? Because I’m sorry but coffee ice cream is :0.0:

I HATE coffee.

But I really like coffee ice cream.

It's all moot anyway, since Blue Moon is the best.  (Cinnamon's also pretty freaking good)

Coffee flavored ice cream of course. And have you tried Halo Farm coffee ice cream? Thats real good if you ask me.

1 minute ago, Geonovast said:

Blue Moon is the best.

Never had this or heard of this. What is it?

1 minute ago, qzgy said:

Coffee flavored ice cream of course. And have you tried Halo Farm coffee ice cream? Thats real good if you ask me.

I haven’t tried that. The problem is it may not be available where I live.

I’m just waiting here for this thread to become the massive steaming mess that is a ice cream flavour flame war.....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.