The food you're craving right now...

adsii1970

Its 1:30am and im craving for BFR pics.

I love seeing pictures of big rockets under construction. It gives me faith in humanity.

I also crave litterly anything right now. Just ate rice with beans wich is absolutely horrible, my stumach is digesting itself.

Edited by NSEP

7 hours ago, Earthlinger said:

I have a constant craving for mango smoothies

Even when it's snowing and below zero

Polar mangos under snow...

Deers and polar bears dig them out in winter frost.

Edited by kerbiloid

The bacon wrapped pork tenderloin (?) filled with Feta cheese and fresh basil roasting in the barbeque right now. To be consumed with salad, bread and a rich red wine. Summer has finally arrived. Ten minutes to go and my guts are screaming.

I actually got to eat my craving last night. My wife, and the friend of ours with the smoker were joking that maybe I should take mine to go and eat it in the hospital parking lot in case I had a heart attack from all the delicious brisket I was eating.

Right now I'm seriously craving one of these little bad-boys!!!  hehe

Rcw1FeI.jpg

I'm a big food network junkie, and a couple weeks ago Tyler Florence made these on the new Worst Cooks in America... little individual pineapple upside down cupcakes. I not only loved the idea, I was tickled to see we have the exact same little individual baking dishes he used on the show. So these were my first attempt yesterday... and they came out perfect!!!

And I really, really want one... except they're dessert for the dinner I'm making for my Mom... so all I can do is sit here and stare at them...

...I swear they're taunting me... <_<

15 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Can you share that recipe?

I can do one better... I can show it to you!

This is the episode, at the exact spot where Tyler starts explaining how to make it. Now, quick explanation, there are two teams, Red and Blue. Tyler Florence is coaching the blue team, and Anne Burrell is coaching the red team. And both are making different desserts, so you have to pay attention.

But the cake itself is really, really easy... except I will admit, I substituted a "Jiffy" yellow cake mix instead of scratch making it the first time... and one box turns out to be exactly the right amount.... and makes it even easier.

Also... a quick side note, Latoya Jackson is just about the cutest thing ever!!! I don't mean to stereotype her, but most pop-stars are super-diva's on TV... And Latoya is like the queen of pop-stars. But surprise, surprise, she's cute and sweet and funny and anything but a diva... and just between y'all and me... I'm seriously rooting for her to win!!!!!! :wub:

Anyway, here's what I went by, and they came out great!

1 hour ago, Kernel Kraken said:

Best sandwich.

homepict2a.gif

Great, now my lunch is going to suck today. :(

Update: Oh, and my blood work all came back normal. My Beer & Bacon Diet is continuing to work as planned. I should write a book....

Edited by TheSaint
Update

On 5/15/2018 at 11:13 AM, GluttonyReaper said:

Reeally want some falafel and hoummus right now,

And pizza, of course, but that's more of a way of life than a craving.

I've posted this link before. Used to go here all the time. Landmark for sure. Mamoun's Falafel...
http://mamouns.com/

Was on the road, had the craving, passed it and saw it and couldn't resist. Twice in two months now.
White Castle !

Im really surprised there aren't any Vegans or Vegetarians in here, or anyone at all encouraging us to eat healthy and to decrease our tummy size a little.

Im craving baby carrots

570db35d1e00008700706df1.jpeg?ops=1910_1

(the article i google imaged this image from is litterly the most childish and dumb articles i have ever seen in my life, and the seem like a legit news network too, this ain't no joke)

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/baby-carrots-are-liars_us_570d98cce4b03d8b7b9ec7f4

3 hours ago, NSEP said:

Im really surprised there aren't any Vegans or Vegetarians in here, or anyone at all encouraging us to eat healthy and to decrease our tummy size a little.

I actually am vegan, but I happen to be trying to put on weight now, so...

8 hours ago, LordFerret said:

I've posted this link before. Used to go here all the time. Landmark for sure. Mamoun's Falafel...
http://mamouns.com/

Oof... made me hungry all over again. Shame I'm not in the US.

7 hours ago, NSEP said:

Im craving baby carrots

You've been talking to my wife, haven't you? :D

To be fair, the title of the thread is, "The food you're craving right now...", not, "The food you're actually eating right now despite the fact that you're craving something else..." We actually had a vegan dinner last night (the strenuous objections of Thing One and Thing Three notwithstanding). My wife doesn't eat red meat at all, only poultry or fish, so for the vast majority of our weeknight meals that's what we're having, and every once in a while she'll actually make something full-on vegetarian. But then on the weekends Dad cooks. And cardiologists across the nation hold their breath.

Funny story: We went to see Alton Brown's stage show when he was in town. At the beginning of the show he did a monologue about food and kids being fussy eaters and stuff, and at one point he rhetorically asked, "Like bacon for example! Who doesn't like bacon!?" And about three people in the audience raised their hands, including my wife. Since my wife was closest to the stage he started asking her some tongue-in-cheek questions about why she didn't like bacon, and concluded that the reason she didn't like bacon was because she needed a hug. So my wife got a hug from Alton Brown.

19J4nAql.jpg

7 hours ago, NSEP said:

(the article i google imaged this image from is litterly the most childish and dumb articles i have ever seen in my life, and the seem like a legit news network too, this ain't no joke)

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/baby-carrots-are-liars_us_570d98cce4b03d8b7b9ec7f4

The reality is that most people have no idea where their food comes from. They've been so far removed from the farm for so long that they haven't a clue.

4 hours ago, GluttonyReaper said:

I actually am vegan, but I happen to be trying to put on weight now, so...

Thing Two is actually losing percentiles in weight, so he's with you. When we get the milk from the farm down the road my wife skims the cream off the top and half of it goes into a container for our coffee and the other half goes into a cup for Thing Two to drink.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.