The food you're craving right now...

adsii1970

7 hours ago, Green Baron said:

Fried potatoes. In a pan with olive oil and onion rings. One side crispy like a cracker. And a green side salad.

And a little ketchup won't harm. We do not live on Mars, fortunately :-)

I enjoy a good batch of potatoes and onions... And sometimes I will add a little bacon to them...

Lamb kebab. With a very generous amount of the meat. Or just the meat.

I don't know how they make it but I haven't found one kebab stall nearby that has the option for a generous amount of the meat again.

On 10/7/2018 at 3:45 PM, Green Baron said:

We do not live on Mars, fortunately :-)

'I'm going to dip this potato in some crushed Vicodin, and there's nobody who can stop me'.

Anyway, I'd really like a bowl of chips right now, with salt, vinegar and ketchup.

By the way, these are chips:

Image result for chips

And these are crisps, not chips:

Image result for crisps

Thanks to the power of the internet, I can correct you guys from across the Atlantic :P

Edited by RealKerbal3x

9 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

'I'm going to dip this potato in some crushed Vicodin, and there's no one who can stop me'.

?

Do so if you must. I stay with a bit of ketchup or home made mayonnaise.

I was having this, not french fries or chips:

https://www.chefkoch.de/rezepte/2420301381997951/Bratkartoffeln-innen-weich-aussen-sehr-knusprig.html

I have watched The Martian, but i don't recall any drugs. Maybe my memory fails me ...

Edited by Green Baron

I crave Nuclear Thermal Rocket engine.

31 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

I have pasta with tomato sauce and sausage for lunch. At this point I'm craving just about anything else. :/

I once ate pizza with tomato Ketchup instead of typical tomate sauce, and although its strange, it tastes surprisingly good.

9 minutes ago, NSEP said:

I once ate pizza with tomato Ketchup instead of typical tomate sauce, and although its strange, it tastes surprisingly good.

Bleah. Sorry, just can't get behind that.

I'm just not feeling pasta today. I may go out for lunch and leave the brought lunch for tomorrow. In-N-Out is sounding more appealing. Damn the budget! Four bells! :D

2 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

I'm just not feeling pasta today. I may go out for lunch and leave the brought lunch for tomorrow. In-N-Out is sounding more appealing. Damn the budget! Four bells! :D

Sometimes i wish we had more fast-food restaurants in the Netherlands rather than just McDonalds, KFC and Burger King. But then again, i don't think more fast-food restaurants would make everyone happy.

I just want a good burger!

1 minute ago, NSEP said:

Sometimes i wish we had more fast-food restaurants in the Netherlands rather than just McDonalds, KFC and Burger King. But then again, i don't think more fast-food restaurants would make everyone happy.

I just want a good burger!

TBH, just buy good ground beef from the store and make it yourself. Way better burger than you'll get from any fast food joint, even the ones that folks rave about like In-N-Out or Five Guys. Cheaper too. I made turkey burgers for dinner last night and they were the bomb.

6 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

'I'm going to dip this potato in some crushed Vicodin, and there's nobody who can stop me'.

Anyway, I'd really like a bowl of chips right now, with salt, vinegar and ketchup.

Image result for chips

Image result for crisps

Thanks to the power of the internet, I can correct you guys from across the Atlantic :P

You are wrong. The top one are potato sticks, the bottom are potato frisbees.

EDIT I want some potato sticks with salt, pepper, vinegar, and fried in the oil that Buffalo wild wings uses.

Edited by Kernel Kraken

7 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

these are chips:

Image result for chips

Image result for crisps

Blighty.

1 hour ago, Kernel Kraken said:

The top one are potato sticks, the bottom are potato frisbees.

Yankee.

Still, the only place for a fish and chips got to be Blighty. Yankee goes for deep fried cheesecake.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2018 at 11:36 AM, RealKerbal3x said:

Image result for chips

Image result for crisps

Yes you can. Beware the autocorrector.

On 10/8/2018 at 6:02 PM, Kernel Kraken said:

You are wrong. The top one are potato sticks, the bottom are potato frisbees.

EDIT I want some potato sticks with salt, pepper, vinegar, and fried in the oil that Buffalo wild wings uses.

@Kernel Kraken the helper when it comes to chips and crisps (I MEAN sticks and Frisbees)

I'm craving nachos right now. Not healthy nachos, either. I mean like a big plate of tortilla chips covered in melted cheese, refried beans, jalapenos, and greasy shredded beef. I see our local dive Mexican joint in my near future lunch plans....

1 hour ago, razark said:

Chicken fried steak, homemade mac and cheese, and stuffed cabbage.

Not all together, though.

I think I need to go to the grocery store.

I'm actually making bacon mac & cheese for my work lunches tonight when I get home from work.

3 hours ago, TheSaint said:

I'm actually making bacon mac & cheese for my work lunches tonight when I get home from work.

Do you just mix bacon in with it, or is there a trick to adding it?

Mine's out of the oven and cooling on the stove so I can eat. 

I've also got the cabbage filling mixed up, so now I just have to peel the cabbage.  I hate that part.

1 hour ago, razark said:

Do you just mix bacon in with it, or is there a trick to adding it?

Mine's out of the oven and cooling on the stove so I can eat. 

I've also got the cabbage filling mixed up, so now I just have to peel the cabbage.  I hate that part.

I make a double order of Alton Brown's mac & cheese recipe (here), but instead of using butter to make the roux with the flour and mustard I chop up a 12-oz pack of bacon, cook it in the pot, strain out the bacon bits, then use the bacon fat to make the roux. I add the bacon bits back in with the macaroni. Then I divvy it up in six containers and freeze it. Voila! Lunches!

55 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

I make a double order of Alton Brown's mac & cheese recipe (here), but instead of using butter to make the roux with the flour and mustard I chop up a 12-oz pack of bacon, cook it in the pot, strain out the bacon bits, then use the bacon fat to make the roux. I add the bacon bits back in with the macaroni.

If you're going with Alton Brown, chances are it'll turn out well.  I'll have to try the bacon thing next time.

I'm not a big fan of cheddar, so I substitute about half for something else.  This time I used a smoked gruyere, and it added a nice flavor.

31 minutes ago, razark said:

If you're going with Alton Brown, chances are it'll turn out well.  I'll have to try the bacon thing next time.

Yeah, I've been a fan of Alton Brown since I started watching Good Eats back around 2003 or so. Made tons of his recipes over the years.

31 minutes ago, razark said:

I'm not a big fan of cheddar, so I substitute about half for something else.  This time I used a smoked gruyere, and it added a nice flavor.

It's the single most popular cheese in the world!

cheese-shop_dvd.original.jpg

:D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.