Standalone Textures

I recently downloaded a mod that allows me to easily replace textures in my Kerbal game by just dropping them into a file. However, I have only been able to find textures for the sky-box and 1 for Kerbin. I was wondering if anyone had any idea where I could find more textures for other planets, in order to make my game look much better. (I think the textures need to be named something specific in order for them to overwrite the existing 'Squad' textures. For example the Kerbin texture came with two files: 'KerbinScaledSpace300.png' and 'KerbinScaledSpace401.png')

Edited by benclothier8
update on situation

Are you using DiRT? If you go in its settings you can make it export the texture name list. Also if your changing planet textures, don't use texture replacement mods as they don't change the terrain. If you want to change the planet textures, may I suggest using a pack such as SVT, Spectra or (if you update the dependencies) KSPRC? These packs change planet textures. As a bonus, Spectra and KSPRC add clouds. Of course there are other packs that add clouds such as SVE or AVP. 

Yes I am using DiRT so that is useful to know, thanks. I already have my own scatterer so I like the way that atmospheres look already, all I am looking for it textures (as in what the planets look like when you are above them) for more planets and moons. I managed to find an 8K texture for kerbin which looks great and I want to do the same for the Mün and other planets.

3 hours ago, benclothier8 said:

Yes I am using DiRT so that is useful to know, thanks. I already have my own scatterer so I like the way that atmospheres look already, all I am looking for it textures (as in what the planets look like when you are above them) for more planets and moons. I managed to find an 8K texture for kerbin which looks great and I want to do the same for the Mün and other planets.

As I said, you shouldn't use DiRT to replace planet textures as it doesn't change the closeup planet textures.

11 hours ago, benclothier8 said:

This is fine, I'm only looking to change them from far away.

Are you sure? As soon as your say about 100km away from Kerbin, the textures will transition from yours to the PQS. What that means is that colours will look different which although is quite subtle, will still annoy people.

1 minute ago, Messier said:

Are you sure? As soon as your say about 100km away from Kerbin, the textures will transition from yours to the PQS. What that means is that colours will look different which although is quite subtle, will still annoy people.

I'm sure, just need simple good looking textures to drop in.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.