Engine plates always report decoupler attached wrong

I don't understand why, but engine plates always report decoupler attached wrong when I build with them. I can't figure out why this is how they're supposed to work if I'm doing it wrong. When I used them as designed, they work just fine. Can someone explain this, or is it some kind of bug?

Thanks,

Jamie

Are you referring to the ingame engineer report tab in the VAB?  That''s not always the most trustworthy.   It's good to use that to check for errors, but if it works after checking on it, then it's an erroneous error report.  It's not a bug per se, but just that it can't handle every combination of parts, so it let's you know it's confused. 

If it works, don't fix it. 

The engineer's report doesn't understand what your craft is supposed to do, therefore, doesn't understand the point - or direction - of those decouplers.  Once you start making multistaged payloads it's easy to confuse it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.