How to you switch the direction of Rover Wheels?

So I am making a Mun rover and when I went to test it on kerbin, the wheels move in the wrong direction. :/  Instead of pressing the w key to move forward I have to press s. I know this isn't a real problem put it could get confusing. Here is the rover:

uP2DAeD.png?1                              

You can right-click the wheels and change the motor direction. That can be done while in the editor and also while driving.

But the wheel rotation direction is a bit...confusing. The game determinates which motor direction is "normal/revese" depending on your control point, i.e. you have a probecore at the bottom and your dockingport at the front. Using the "control from here" on your dockingport or probecore will result in different definitions of "forward". The same applies to the steering which can be quiet messy if you have used the symetrie option to place your wheels because changing the direction of the steering/motor will always applies for both wheels of a symetrie group.

So another possibility to change your wheel direction is using the "control from here" option on other parts or rotating the probecore horizontally by 180°. That can also be important after docking or, if you are using an external command seat, after a Kerbal jumped into the seat. These actions may mess up your controls again and you have to use the "control from here" option every time afterwards.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/12/2018 at 3:29 PM, Vanamonde said:

What's the orientation of the vehicle? Is the root part facing the wrong way? Is the upper half of the navball brown?

The orientation is normal. The Nav Ball is normal I don't know if the root part is facing the wrong way because I don't know which is the right way.

1 hour ago, MeepTicoMeep said:

The orientation is normal. The Nav Ball is normal I don't know if the root part is facing the wrong way because I don't know which is the right way.

How about a pic of the vehicle with the navball on the screen?

34 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

How about a pic of the vehicle with the navball on the screen?

Well, It's kinda hard to see, but I think I see two command seats, on their backs facing upwards, with their feet pointing rear, so that may be a clue....   That might be another part though....

8 hours ago, MeepTicoMeep said:

The center of the navball should be on the horizon, pointing east. Yes?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.