What music do you play with?

Mister_Spaceman

Personally, when I'm hurtling torwards the ground at several hundred meters per second, floating around in an EVA suit, or rocketing through the atmosphere, I like to have some music to make the situation feel as awsome as it is. So I have started a little playlist to gather all of the fitting songs into one place. From the slow and calm beats of Pink Floyd, to the quick rhythms of Kenny Loggins, this music is fitting for a lot of the situations you might find yourself in while playing KSP. But there's a problem! The playlist is tiny. I'm making this thread both to share what I would listen to, as well as hear reccomendations of songs to put in the playlist. I'm also more than open to simply talk about the music you like to listen to while you kill your Kerbonauts play Kerbal Space Program.

Here's the playlist:

1 hour ago, Mister_Spaceman said:

Nice track there. I could imagine this playing in the background of a stunt montage. The varying tempo mixed with the smooth electronic beats make it an interesting listen.

Yeah, I agree with you. It kind of gives me chills when listening to it, so I kind of generalize it with being on the dark side of a planet. 

2 hours ago, The Dunatian said:

I use marches by J.P. Sousa or Tchaikovsky.

Ah, classical and instrumental music is nice and reliable. No matter the situation, you can find a peice that works well for it. Dmitri Shostakovich's Waltz No. 2 is one of my favorite peices. It makes me think of a rocket slowly rolling out to the launch pad, a bunch of little Kerbal workers following it and derping around near it.

None. I always have Chatterer. I enjoy the sound of my Kerbal's breath, the rumble of the rocket engine and the screech of my potato running it.

Just the blackness, everyone.

Edited by YNM

7 hours ago, Dman979 said:

Moved to the Lounge, since this isn't actually about KSP.

Oops, my bad! I wasn't quite sure where to put it, thank you.

7 hours ago, YNM said:

None. I always have Chatterer. I enjoy the sound of my Kerbal's breath, the rumble of the rocket engine and the screech of my potato running it.

Just the blackness, everyone.

Fair enough. Sometimes it is pretty nice to just sit back and admire.

1 hour ago, Mister_Spaceman said:

Sometimes it is pretty nice to just sit back and admire.

Well, if we're talking other games, you might need some music.

13 hours ago, YNM said:

None. I always have Chatterer.

While I have constant classical (Baroque mostly) playing at home, I have Chatterer too... along with all other game sounds.

There have been occasions where Chatterer gets wonky on me though. The situation is that the capsule keeps talking to Command, so Command answers. I've tried to change the interval setting, but to no avail. At some points it just becomes non-stop, and I have to shut the thing off entirely. I don't know what causes it. M'Lady gets into hysterics (laughter) over it when she hears me yelling at it to 'Aww Shut The Hell Up!!!' :rolleyes:

I like classical especially when I'm in the VAB building something. In-flight, I'm not really paying attention to the music, more-so what I'm doing (maneuvers, landing, whatever).

I approve of the OP's taste in music. But when gearing for launch (especially a maiden launch), a little Rush is always appropriate, methinks...

Spoiler

And when your probe is getting out of commnet range...

Spoiler

Edited by StrandedonEarth

On 5/13/2018 at 7:44 PM, StrandedonEarth said:

I approve of the OP's taste in music. But when gearing for launch (especially a maiden launch), a little Rush is always appropriate, methinks...

Reveal hidden contents

And when your probe is getting out of commnet range...

Reveal hidden contents

I'm glad you approve, lol. These are pretty good, I'm surprised that I haven't found this before! Countdown is definitely getting a spot on the playlist.

Edited by Mister_Spaceman

26 minutes ago, Mister_Spaceman said:

Calm down there, Maverick. :sticktongue:

I... just... CAN'T.

Because I feel the need...

SGYOCt9.png gAiA6ve.png

The need for speed! :D

Now, about the topic, I'm not listening to any music while playing actually... 

7 minutes ago, XB-70A said:

I... just... CAN'T.

Because I feel the need...

SGYOCt9.png gAiA6ve.png

The need for speed! :D

Now, about the topic, I'm not listening to any music while playing actually... 

It seems that the roar of rockets and the whine of jets is music to a lot of people's ears. It is to me, too, but I like the music as well.

Willey is looking a little disconcerted.

It varies. Sometimes it's classical (anywhere from Renaissance to Romantic, although mostly Baroque), sometimes it's TSFH, sometimes it's Simon & Garfunkel, sometimes it's something else entirely. Depends on how I'm feeling that day, what I'm doing, and whether or not I've found anything novel and interesting to listen to.

been running a seemingly endless playlist, 12k songs long. most of it is extreme metal. theres some country, opera, hard rock, classic rock, and other stuff thats hard to categorize. gong show rules, im going to use the data to cull my archive of stuff i no longer want to admit to ever liking.

Edited by Nuke

• 2 weeks later...

I recently remembered that the show, "The Ancient Magus' Bride" had some proper good music so I went and found it and holy hell it is ridiculously good, even better than I remember. It's all mystical and magical and goes really nicely with a sunrise on minmus.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.