1. 1. Have you seen one?

• Yes
    • No
    • Cant fully tell if what i saw was relly one
  2. 2. How many times?

3. 3. What type?

Here is the story:

First encounter:

We were driving down FM 1960,  and then we saw this weird looking car passing by up going the same direction. I looked cool and sleek. I looked at it closely and saw the words "Tesla"and "Model X" on the back. I was soo excited to see a tesla car.

Here is a fuzzy rare snapshot I took

https://imgur.com/e9RbHwV

second encounter:

We were going to Jason's deli. We parked and, a Tesla Model X was parked three spaces away from us! We came towards it! This was my closest encounter with a tesla car! It was black and shiny. We tried to look inside but the windows were fully tinted black! We wanted to know who was driving it! We went into the food place, and it was still there. We ate, and I kept an eye on it most of the time. I turned away to eat. When we left the deli, it was gone! "Aww man!". I wanted to see who was driving it!

third encounter:

We were at Panda Express drive thru and I saw a white TESLA car go by!!! "TESLA" I yelled. "TESLA!!!". That was the last model x I've seen so far.

------------------------------------------

The car I've still yet to see is the tesla roadster!

Edited by Guest

I rode in a Roadster and Model S. They are impressive to say the least, especially the Model S. It went toes-to-toes with a Corvette (mid 2000's or so). 
The Corvette has better top end speed, but the Model S had it off the line and was winning for the first 1/4mile.
The Roadster didn't quite have the kick of the Model S (smaller battery and motor) but it was far more nimble in corners. Very fun car in the right hands.

IF you can swing the $$$ for either, go for it.

Disclaimer: The Roadster was the first one, not the new one that's due to be released. When the new Roadster is released, it brags a 1000 km range, 400 km/hr top speed, and a 0 to 100 km/hr (roughly 62 MPH) speed of 2.1 seconds. 

Do I want one? HECK YES!
Could I afford one? ......heck no. :(

Edited by GDJ

We have Teslas all over around here. Most of the time I see them at the charging stations though I see them on the road on occasion.

And Jason's Deli is the best. I try to stop there whenever I'm driving by, which sadly is like once a year at best because there are none even remotely near me.

I see Teslas constantly. Having kids at private school likely doesn't hurt (most popular cars I see at elementary school seem to be BMWs, Rovers, and Teslas, lol). (edit: was counting in my head, I see 2 Xs, 2 Model S, and a Model 3 every day at school. That's only 5, but the school only has ~40 kids per grade. ) My daughter's friend's dad has one of those little BMW electrics, not nearly as cool as a Tesla.

I think we'd buy an X if we had a spare 110 grand lying around (LOL). They're pretty cool. That said, we could only have 1 electric because the range doesn't cut it for all uses.

Edited by tater

7 hours ago, dundun93 said:

Aldi's!

3 hours ago, Kernel Kraken said:

I don't know about Tesla's, but I've seen a bunch of Corvettes (like twelve) in one day.

Reveal hidden contents

I was at a Chevy showroom.

They've got a group of Corvette Clubs around here, and when they get together you'll see hundreds of them (literally) on the road, especially when they do a rally.

Every time I look up in the night sky, I see it there. Red Tesla.
So far, so alone. It's floating away to the stars apoapsis of its elliptic orbit, getting cooler and cooler. To return back on the next turn, and to leave this cruel planet again, and this will last endlessly for aeons for millenia about a century, until a robotic orbital junk gatherer soullessly hit it with laser.

We see them now and again in Australia.  I would advise anyone to have a test drive in one.  I had a drive of a model S and it was the most astonishing piece of technology I have ever been exposed to and far and away the most impressive car I have ever driven.  Also the fastest accelerating by a long way.

2 hours ago, benzman said:

We see them now and again in Australia

You guys have them ? That is probably the closest to me yet.

Do they cover the cities or the countrysides ?

12 hours ago, GDJ said:

I rode in a Roadster and Model S

WHAT??? You were in one?!?!

12 hours ago, GDJ said:

Do I want one? HECK YES!
Could I afford one? ......heck no. :(

I want one too.(im still a kid)

7 hours ago, LordFerret said:

Aldi's!

Yep.

32 minutes ago, YNM said:

they are rare. have you seen them.

@[INDO]dimas_1502 have you seen one?

@Joseph Kerman, @MiffedStarfish, @Lo Var Lachland?

2 hours ago, YNM said:

I’ve never even seen an electric car before. Not surprising, considering that you wouldn’t see any charging stations around in my country and electric cars are niche.

1 hour ago, adsii1970 said:

The poll is messed up. If I haven't seen one personally, then how can I answer the other two questions without some sort of "not applicable" category.

Yeah the forum doesnt allow you to answer only one as they are “required fields”

2 hours ago, dundun93 said:

have you seen them.

Not any piece, or parts.

6 minutes ago, Atlas2342 said:

I’ve never even seen an electric car before.

Ah, only in the "cities" then. But if @benzman's account is right yours still the closest, unless they're available in SG or MY.

1 hour ago, adsii1970 said:

The poll is messed up.

Yeah. @dundun93 I suggest rather than 1 and so on, start from 0, 0-1 (ie. not sure), then 1, 2, 3...

3 hours ago, YNM said:

I have seen them mainly around Melbourne as there are, as yet, only a dozen or so charging stations in the whole of Australia.  But it is still early days and I expect to see many more before too long.  It is rather like when I bought a diesel car in 2009.  Back then most garages had only one diesel pump, if any, and it was usually in an out of the way place mainly for trucks.  Nowadays, every service station has diesel at its normal pumps.  It should soon be the same for charging stations.

There is a chevy volt that lives near us. We see it every day. Whenever we pass by it, the cute little volt is always charging at its home.

I saw my first Tesla(s) two years ago on a business trip to Norway.  Over there they have big incentives for green technology and electric cars, so lots of plug-in Priuses and some Teslas, especially taxis.

Just this weekend I saw a model S in the UK for the first time while visiting south Birmingham.  Yet to see one anywhere closer to home.

5 hours ago, dundun93 said:

There is a chevy volt that lives near us. We see it every day. Whenever we pass by it, the cute little volt is always charging at its home.

Volts have a fairly small battery; it has a gas engine for charging 'on the go.' Chances are you see it plugged in but done charging a lot of the time. Or if you pass it at the same time every day, it may have just gotten home.

5 hours ago, dundun93 said:

a chevy volt ... lives near us.

Don't tell me they were made by boston dynamics.

6 hours ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

nope, but we have another very rare car

Car, or "car" ?

The Tesla store in Oslo lent me a P85+ for an hour to test drive a few years back. Stomping on the accellerator felt like someone was hitting me in the back, it was insane - back before insane mode and ludicrous mode even existed. I liked the car a great deal, but headroom and legroom in the rear seats isn't very good for such a large car. Still, if I had the money for it I'd get a Model 3 in a heartbeat.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.