Tesla  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Have you seen one?

• Yes
    • No
    • Cant fully tell if what i saw was relly one
  2. 2. How many times?

3. 3. What type?

Went to Amsterdam at new years, they have a whole thing there where inner city taxis have to be Teslas (or maybe they just have to be electric, but I think the Tesla is the only non-hybrid that isnt essentially a golfcart. And they have a subsidised exchange thing going on so they're quite cheap to buy there), so they're everywhere.

They're becoming more common here in the UK, and charging stations are popping up left and right.

I think I'd like one, but its a shame they have such a reputation for shoddy build quality.

Edited by p1t1o

1 hour ago, adsii1970 said:

Poll is still messed up. The third question does not have an option for those of us who have not seen ANY form of a Tesla.

Or those who cant recognise the models on sight :confused:

I've seen the tall one and the one that looks like a regular car.

18 hours ago, dundun93 said:

Have you seen one?

@Lo Var Lachland?

Yep. My local mall has a dealership. Cool cars. Really comfortable seats too.

I do live in a pretty rich area (we're middle class) so we do see a lot of expensive cars. 

I've seen some Teslas on the road, Aston Martins, Lambos, Ferraris, etc.

In fact, there was actually a massive Ferrari "party" a few years back, and all these cars were lining the streets in the town center. 

Also, where I live, a few people own some cool cars. A guy passes by my house almost every day in a Yellow Chevy Bel Air, and then a few houses down from me, a guy owns a racing club, so he has one of those transport semis and some stock cars. 

Edited by Lo Var Lachland

10 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Poll is still messed up. The third question does not have an option for those of us who have not seen ANY form of a Tesla.

Don't vote.

You just got 6000 rep!

Edited by Guest

19 hours ago, Joseph Kerman said:

Oh yes! Well, my father, but still.

What do you mean?

On 5/14/2018 at 8:58 AM, p1t1o said:

I've seen the tall one and the one that looks like a regular car.

That's the model X and model S.

My father-in-law owned a Model S for about 3 years. He sold it a couple months ago. I rode in it many times and drove it once. Once the initial "newness" of it wears off, it really is just another car with a bunch of high tech gizmos. I'm a little more old school, so I'm not easily impressed by touch screens and autopilot, etc. I'll take an old big block chevy with an actual throttle cable running between the gas pedal and carburetor over some stupid computer chip programmed with throttle lag deciding how much gas to give it when I mash the pedal down.

ETA: Teslas seem to be pretty common here in the east coast USA, especially along the Boston-NYC-Philadelphia-Washington DC corridor. Probably because we have a lot of charging stations here for them. I see Teslas on the roads daily here. While not as common as your average Ford, Honda, or BMW, Teslas are far more common than say a McLaren, Ferrari, or Lambo (which I occasionally see too).

Edited by Johnny Wishbone

ALL RIGHTY ROO!!

ITS FINALLY TIME FOR MY KNOWLEDGE TO BE PUT TO USE!!

How To Spot a Tesla (S,3,X)

There are 3+ ways to spot if a car is a tesla, doesn't really matter which way the beautiful car is coming from

NUMBER 1: DA GRILLE:

Spoiler

The First way is the Grille

its this part:

BgGeveT.jpg

ya know, the place where there would be a mesh-ish thing, but there is nothing on this beautiful car-of-the-future

there are 2 types of grilles on a Model S, the one that is above, or this one, which is on some Model S' in 2015 to new Model S'.

the other type is this:

GivNwwI.png

this is also in the Model X

zDoWjNC.jpg

The Model X has only 1 type of grille, cause its only 3 years old

and the Model 3 has a completely different grille then any other car i have ever seen

d0Iav10.jpg

looks cool

NUMBAH 2: THE HEADLIGHTS

Spoiler

Tesla has 3 cars, and 3 headlights, cause numbers

the Model S has this headlights

RuwvM8M.jpg

the Model X has this headlights

HaOxYdN.jpg

and the 3 has this headlights

1bAx4Gy.jpg

kinda hard to describe, but you can see the differences with some work

and there is this VERY small thing you can see that most other cars don't have. it is a triangle for autopilot thing

you see the triangle near the wheel? yeah that thingCestZwV.jpg
that thing is the thing
Spoiler

Model SCestZwV.jpg

Model X

UaTXNbr.jpg

Model 3b5mSmd9.jpg

based off this, you can probably tell the difference between a Model S, a 3, and an X, but here's this to help

Hopefully you can now tell the difference between the cars, but if i missed something i can probably tell you

this has been an hour well wasted

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.