[1.4.x] Ultimate Shuttle IVA - 1.0!! Woop Woop!

G'th

50 minutes ago, Jackloker173 said:

Guys, how  do I install this, I dont know where to put  the cfg.

Hi welcome to the forums. :D
Reading this should help with manually installing mods.

Moar specific to *this* mod, tho,

Installation:

1. Install all required Dependencies.
2. Drag and Drop UltimateShuttleIVA into your Gamedata folder.
3. Pick and choose only ONE IVA. Either FullRetro or Mr. Glass, and place its respective .cfg into your gamedata folder.

I would put the .cfg right in the GameData/UltimateShuttleIVA/ folder, rather than the base gamedata folder, as stated above. Config files dont really need to be in any exact folder, unless a plugin is looking for them in a specific location. (In this case, there shouldnt be)...

For an IVA like this, it should be fine to just drop it in the mod's folder... that way, its easy to find if you need to ever edit/swap it with the other, and/or if you ever decide to uninstall the mod, you wont have that file hanging around for no purpose in your install.

Edited by Stone Blue

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
13 hours ago, xD-FireStriker said:

The CRTs in the Full Retro iva has appaired to stop working. has anyone else had this issue? Modern Shuttle IVA is working correctly from what I can see.

Just did a fresh install with only ASET, JSI, MachJeb 2, MOARdV Near Future Props and Kerbal Alarm Clock with no luck. here is the log if it helps at all. 
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5hgfasv8g3dpgva/KSP.log?dl=0
I know the mod author has moved on but I hope to breath new life into this for personal use. 

On 3/28/2022 at 7:13 AM, xD-FireStriker said:

The CRTs in the Full Retro iva has appaired to stop working. has anyone else had this issue? Modern Shuttle IVA is working correctly from what I can see.

Try removing  GameData/MOARdV/Patches/JsiToMasUpgrade.cfg - save it  somewhere outside KSP in case you need it again. That will likely resolve the issue, and Reviva won't fix that particular issue. Basically the old CRTs have to have the JSI props, and the JsiToMasUpgrade forcibly removes and replaces them with the MAS equivalents. Removing the upgrade file from MAS leaves those JSI items in place, and as long as RPM is also installed, those props should again work as expected.

nevermind, this is a different issue entirely. I didn't realize that Ultimate Shuttle has custom MAS CRTs. I'm going to take another look at this and see if there's anything I can figure out.

Edited by panarchist
these are not the droids you're looking for

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2022 at 8:21 PM, xD-FireStriker said:

Just did a fresh install with only ASET, JSI, MachJeb 2, MOARdV Near Future Props and Kerbal Alarm Clock with no luck. here is the log if it helps at all. 
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5hgfasv8g3dpgva/KSP.log?dl=0
I know the mod author has moved on but I hope to breath new life into this for personal use. 

MOARdV is working on MAS again. I know @G'th is still active on the forum - G'th, it looks like the Full Retro CRTs stopped working after MAS 1.4. Basically after MOARdV did the upgrading of the ASET props, it doesn't appear to display any of the screens. I tried to go down the rabbit hole and see if I could fix it by looking at the recent changes as well as the prior cfg files from previous versions and compare and contrast  what changed in the default CRT implementation, but either I don't understand enough of it, or the issue lies in the model file. Any chance you might be able to take a look?

55 minutes ago, panarchist said:

MOARdV is working on MAS again. I know @G'th is still active on the forum - G'th, it looks like the Full Retro CRTs stopped working after MAS 1.4. Basically after MOARdV did the upgrading of the ASET props, it doesn't appear to display any of the screens. I tried to go down the rabbit hole and see if I could fix it by looking at the recent changes as well as the prior cfg files from previous versions and compare and contrast  what changed in the default CRT implementation, but either I don't understand enough of it, or the issue lies in the model file. Any chance you might be able to take a look?

I could, though to be perfectly honest I doubt I'd be much help. These were made a long time ago and its just been too long since I last did them to really know the ins and outs of what may have broken and how it might be fixed. From what I do remember, most of what went into making the retro CRTs was in getting the MAS displays (OR RPM, I can't remember. Might be worth checking if those CRTs are actually looking for RPM) to display on them in a useful way, so if the MAS update MoarDV did fundamentally changed how the CRTs display what MAS or RPM are generating, then it would require knowing what changed to fix them. 

If I cared to I'd probably give it a go, but to be honest I don't at the moment. If I were to come back to this it would probably be to adapt the idea to SOCK rather than Cormorant/Stock, and thats its own bag of worms that already has a few people trying from what I know. 

However, if you, or anyone else, wants to adopt the mod due to my disinterest, you have my blessing. 

48 minutes ago, G'th said:

I could, though to be perfectly honest I doubt I'd be much help. These were made a long time ago and its just been too long since I last did them to really know the ins and outs of what may have broken and how it might be fixed. From what I do remember, most of what went into making the retro CRTs was in getting the MAS displays (OR RPM, I can't remember. Might be worth checking if those CRTs are actually looking for RPM) to display on them in a useful way, so if the MAS update MoarDV did fundamentally changed how the CRTs display what MAS or RPM are generating, then it would require knowing what changed to fix them. 

If I cared to I'd probably give it a go, but to be honest I don't at the moment. If I were to come back to this it would probably be to adapt the idea to SOCK rather than Cormorant/Stock, and thats its own bag of worms that already has a few people trying from what I know. 

However, if you, or anyone else, wants to adopt the mod due to my disinterest, you have my blessing. 

I might, I need to take another look at it and see how badly I want to go down that rabbit hole. Thanks for the response, I appreciate it.

8 hours ago, G'th said:

Thanks for making the mod so long ago, its been a fun one. I might also explore the rabbit hole of adopting this but like you said if remade it would work best for the SOCK Shuttle

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
2 hours ago, hellothere___ said:

if i use reviva can i put both cfgs in?

Yes, Reviva will support both (last time I checked), see https://github.com/harveyt/reviva/blob/main/README.md

From the notes, it has to be installed carefully and the CRT in Retro is probably still broken:

• Only copy UltimateShuttleIVA into GameData, ignore the top level USIVA-xxx.cfg files.
  • Mk3 Ultimate Retro variant CRT do not seem to work. Will eventually try to fix.
Edited by 610yesnolovely

1 hour ago, 610yesnolovely said:

Yes, Reviva will support both (last time I checked), see https://github.com/harveyt/reviva/blob/main/README.md

From the notes, it has to be installed carefully and the CRT in Retro is probably still broken:

• Only copy UltimateShuttleIVA into GameData, ignore the top level USIVA-xxx.cfg files.
  • Mk3 Ultimate Retro variant CRT do not seem to work. Will eventually try to fix.

thanks. i just put both cfg's in, and they still worked. is that messing anything up?

7 hours ago, hellothere___ said:

thanks. i just put both cfg's in, and they still worked. is that messing anything up?

Actually, yeah, that should be fine. I had a look, Reviva config wins the Module Manager patch wars because it's changes have 'FOR[zzz_Reviva]'  which means they're applied after.

• 2 weeks later...

alright, thanks. excited for the crt fix.

On 1/7/2024 at 1:22 PM, 610yesnolovely said:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.