what place is the most beautiful to you?

EndTraveler

14 minutes ago, purpleivan said:

Hard to decide.

Duna dust storms have an eerie beauty.

The mountains at the Inland Space Center give a nice dramatic backdrop to launches.

...and then there's Laythe.

Amazing :)

Is that AVP? Is it working in 1.4.3?

from places I've been in, nothing's is like launching a huge rocket at the north pole at twilight, where the sun is just above the horizon...

5 hours ago, Goody1981 said:

oh yeah it is...

11 hours ago, Goody1981 said:

As far as I know I didn't have AVP explicitly installed, but had EVE, SVE and Scatterer.

Could be wrong though as it was quite a long time ago (v1.2.2).

I took this image around the same time on the Mun... whatever I was running mods wise, it really liked dust.

6gx4Bng.png

Thats a hard question. I think almost every planet and moon got its beautyful places. With Scatterer and EVE / SVE even Kerbin is pretty beautyful. But If I really have to decide, I'd choose Duna's Poles.

DFI81U9.png

Edited by Jadago
Sent too early

The most beautiful place is anywhere in Gauss' SOI, the blue gas giant in GPP.

If we need to pick just one place then I'll go with the cloudy High Plateaus on Catullus. Nearly 16km above sea level you're always in the clouds and you eventually get to see Gauss and the other two moons altogether. With the inherent challenge of landing safely on Catullus (and returning to orbit) vs the other moons, this place demands some respect too.

hk9meib.jpg

It's like a sea of fog around the High Plateaus. For performance reasons, the sea is only one layer thick. But it's enough to scare you when the surface is in the clouds and you need to watch your mod-powered radar altimeter very closely or else. And below that it's clear but dark (and thick like Eve).

gdolUzh.jpg

It's not as beautiful down here, near sea level but just so you know, I'm showing it too.

bbwgegG.jpg

4 minutes ago, DeltaDizzy said:

*cracks knuckles*

I dont have an install with the stock planets and my usual visual setup right now, so instead i'll substitute some pics from Before Kerbin by Gameslinx, and the Home planet's(Eden) beautiful Auroras.

okey

besides I like your profile picture in that it references kurzesagt in a nutshell

Edited by EndTraveler

Kerbin can be pretty gorgeous too...

JN1FY06.png

The first launch of my Jool5 adventure

EDIT: Sorry - how do I make it so the pic shows up in the post like everyone else's?

EDIT EDIT: FIgured it out :)

Edited by Goody1981

This one particular mountain in Kerbin I named "Jebediah's Summit" (even though Bob was the first to reach it). I never really explored Kerbin that much because hey there are other planets to explore! But I soon grew tired of exploring other planets and became curious at what Kerbin itself might offer and I was not disappointed.

I never used EVE or other graphical improvement mods because my computer is a total potato but I still think the summit is just as beautiful.TqLoR5h.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.