[INDEV] [1.9] To Boldly Go (0.4.1) | An external application designed to procedurally generate an entire galaxy for KSP.

seanth

What's next?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What should TBG work on next?

• Procedural atmosphere-less worlds (like Moho)
    • Procedural thin atmosphere worlds (like Duna)
    • Procedural ice worlds (like Eeloo)
    • Compatibility with a warpdrive mod

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/17/2020 at 11:08 AM

6 minutes ago, siklidkid said:

Well when it says "expansion loading complete" it doesn't load and freezes

Have you confirmed that it has frozen? Kopernicus only starts making the files for all stars/planets/moons after the KSP loading screens are done. This means you are left looking at a black screen. 

You can confirm that Kopernicus is busy making planets by looking in GameData/Kopernicus/Cache. If the number of files in there is increasing, KSP has not crashed. Cultivate patience and wait for Kopernicus to finish.

On 8/22/2019 at 9:40 AM, VanillaCold (Choc) said:

Sooo...

This isn't working for me. Once KSP loads, Kopernicus tells me that it encountered an error.

Logs: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvuubHYsSlZUmXT2o9mh0-qR52ZB?e=nNl44q

I looked closer at the info you uploaded (thanks for doing that, btw. It makes my job easier :) )

Can you confirm that GameData/To-Boldly-Go/Data_Folder/models/Monolith.mu exists? The logs make it seem like Kopernicus is trying to place a TBG easter egg on Chanddar IV (an Eve-like procedural planet), but the file is missing.

FWIW I did a fresh install of TBG from the github release link and couldn't replicate your reported bug. That doesn't mean there's no bug--just means I haven't been able to replicate it

21 hours ago, seanth said:

I have experienced this, too. It is, I think, a Kopernicus bug. I would report it to them.

I reported it to them a few weeks ago. Message got buried on the forum thread twice before I gave up. No response on the github issue either.

• 2 months later...

I've been watching this forum for about 6.5 years now (had to go and check actually) and this is the first mod that actually made me want to post because it was just that great.

I have a mod list of easily 50+ and this mod had no problem running on top of all of them. Just wanted to stop by and say thank you for all your hard work. This is quite possibly the greatest mod I have ever found on the forums simply because it allows for endless replay-ability.

Again, thank you so much for this. Just as KSP was starting to bore me I found this and genned up a whole new galaxy to explore with all the anti-matter and warp drive mods that are out there.

• 2 months later...

You Sir could be my personal hero if you manage to update this Mod for Kopernicus 1.8.1. In the moment, TBG doesn't work properly and stops loading the first planet with an atmosphere. It seems, the rest would be fine, because galaxy is created, planets WITHOUT atmosphere are created, only WITH atmosphere is bugged somehow.

On 2/10/2020 at 10:37 PM, eckithebull said:

You Sir could be my personal hero if you manage to update this Mod for Kopernicus 1.8.1. In the moment, TBG doesn't work properly and stops loading the first planet with an atmosphere. It seems, the rest would be fine, because galaxy is created, planets WITHOUT atmosphere are created, only WITH atmosphere is bugged somehow.

Same here.

When I first time saw TBG I thought... "TO HELL WITH ALL THOSE PLANET PACKAGES"... well, I didn't mean any disrespect, but, being able to have hundreds of planets all sitting well into their own clusters,... one could play that game for years, just put an aim like... having MKS colonies on EVERY planet and the moon, you get the point. Right now I am fine tuning a heavy moded instance to play for long time because I assume with 2.0 on the horizon, we will have a long time waiting for all the mods to update for the new KSP after that.

Please make any adjusting needed for 1.8.1. Many people like me will appreciate it.

On a side note, I saw that there is wiki html, but not sure if this will be included on the wiki or not..... a delta V map to get from kerbin's system to any other system in the galaxy and from there, a delta V map for inner system travels. I know this can be too much but will help a lot.

Edited by Jiraiyah

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/29/2020 at 12:21 PM, theicon32 said:

New to KSP and just discovered this mod, wondering if it's still supported or if people still use it? Or if not, is there an alternative/similar mod that works with 1.9x?

Frankly, it's an awesome idea.  If I wasn't already a member of the Kopernicus team and overburdenened from that + work, I'd pick this up myself.  I highly encourage someone to continue this idea.  We'll try to get Kopernicus working as a dependency if/as you do.

Edited by R-T-B

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, JcoolTheShipbuilder said:

does it support other planet mods? as in, i have a LOT of planet packs that add over 60 unique planets and moons, and i have a mod that replaces the stock system, will this mod work?

Since the mod only adds new star systems and leaves the stock system intact, I would assume mods that add planets and moons to the stock system are compatible, unless they add bodies that are very far out (far enough that they might already clash with some of the added star systems). If a mod replaced the stock system itself it is likely compatible if it doesn't rename the Sun itself. Because TBG might use the Sun as a reference point and if there is no Sun in your modded star system there might be issues. Mods that add other stars will likely be incompatible (because the added systems will likely overlap with those from TBG).

However I asked the same question a few messages earlier and didn't get a reply, so I can only make semi-educated guesses here ;). Once Kopernicus works for my 1.9 save I might try it out and see what happens.

On 7/23/2020 at 3:32 AM, ssd21345 said:

kopernicus community has quite some changes, you may want to ask R-T-B before continue development

Why? Has that person started a similar project?

44 minutes ago, seanth said:

he's part of the new kopernicus team

it happens because  1.9 has big change, sigma and  Thomas P. dont have time to dev it

still sigma is here to advice/help new kopernicus team

Edited by ssd21345

• 1 month later...
On 7/25/2020 at 11:36 PM, seanth said:

We are the new Kopernicus maintainers.  Feel free to reach out to me and/or Prestja with any questions you may have.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.