Overheating during time wrap

I was doing a manned mission to duna (you can find the craft on my kerbalX page called Saturn Five), happily timewraping thriugh interplanetary space and BOOM! My rocket overheats and explodes. 

I'm using 1.4.3 along with mechjeb, hyperedit, vessel mover, stage recovery, docking port alignment indicator and physics range extender.

I had a few other encounters with this bug. Most of the time stuff doesn't explode, but sometimes overheating bars are seen. 

I know this bug happened in previous versions, but is there a solution to it? It seldom happens but still it is annoying.

Are you using nuke engines? Nuclear engine generates heat, hence why the radiators are mandatory to avoid overheat if you want to do interplanetary burn with them

Or maybe, your engines are attached too close between each other? If your engines are clustered too close, the heat of the engine can affect nearby part, which could lead to overheat

Or you might be getting attacked by kraken. This is very common bug in KSP, which usually occurs on craft with large size, complex and huge part count, and especially, anything large enough created by connecting docking ports. Timewarping might cause flimsy joints or connection being misplaced and when the time resumes normally, it suddenly snaps to it's original position, often with catastrophic result (for an experiment about how time warp can cause explosion, make a plane or rover and drive/fly it then activate the timewarp. Sooner or later, it'll explode, the game even warns you about timewarping with large vessels since it might cause structural instability)

16 minutes ago, ARS said:

Are you using nuke engines? Nuclear engine generates heat, hence why the radiators are mandatory to avoid overheat if you want to do interplanetary burn with them

Or maybe, your engines are attached too close between each other? If your engines are clustered too close, the heat of the engine can affect nearby part, which could lead to overheat

Or you might be getting attacked by kraken. This is very common bug in KSP, which usually occurs on craft with large size, complex and huge part count, and especially, anything large enough created by connecting docking ports. Timewarping might cause flimsy joints or connection being misplaced and when the time resumes normally, it suddenly snaps to it's original position, often with catastrophic result (for an experiment about how time warp can cause explosion, make a plane or rover and drive/fly it then activate the timewarp. Sooner or later, it'll explode, the game even warns you about timewarping with large vessels since it might cause structural instability)

No, the ship is below 210 parts, engines are on engine plates. Clustered engines are jettisoned already. No atomic motor. The bug happened during timewrap, not during getting into or out of it. I do have a bunch of atomic generators on board though.

22 hours ago, Xd the great said:

I do have a bunch of atomic generators on board though. 

RTG's or Nuclear Reactors?  RTG's can produce waste heat, depending on what mods you are running ( I don't think they get hot in stock), and Nuclear reactors produce a lot of waste heat. 

22 hours ago, Xd the great said:

No, the ship is below 210 parts,

That can be considered a lot of parts by some measures. 

Do you have any radiators on your ship?  Any parts that may be producing any type of heat?  

I've had similar issues where my nuclear reactor powered ships have started to overheat in time warp.   Usually due to rounding errors in the warp math, dropping out of warp allowed the radiators to cool back off.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.