[1.3.x, 1.4.x, 1.5.x, 1.6, 1.7] MechJeb and Engineer And kOS forAll

3 hours ago, Tacombel said:

You need to install mechjeb, wich is a different mod

is there a d/l link for a compatible with one point 12.1.1 as Ckan does not have  Mechjeb.

I have found one but its for KSP 1.11.x

I did try it but  I do get a error saying it is not compatible and when  I ignore it and run my game well all in puts are lock ie.  anything I click on... well nothing happens. 

thanks

Edited by MissMolly

9 hours ago, MissMolly said:

is there a d/l link for a compatible with one point 12.1.1 as Ckan does not have  Mechjeb.

I have found one but its for KSP 1.11.x

I did try it but  I do get a error saying it is not compatible and when  I ignore it and run my game well all in puts are lock ie.  anything I click on... well nothing happens. 

thanks

There is no version still for 1.12 In ckan you need to select compatibility with previous versions to see anything that is not up to date. 

You can ignore the message. About the block, I don't have that problem, probably because I have something installed that prevents that from happening, but I don't know what (probably clickthrougblocker) . I think there is an option to unlock it in the debug menu, ctrl-alt-F12

Edited by Tacombel

11 hours ago, Tacombel said:

There is no version still for 1.12 In ckan you need to select compatibility with previous versions to see anything that is not up to date. 

You can ignore the message. About the block, I don't have that problem, probably because I have something installed that prevents that from happening, but I don't know what (probably clickthrougblocker) . I think there is an option to unlock it in the debug menu, ctrl-alt-F12

Thanks I had to D/L clickthrougblocker for it to work.

16 hours ago, Tacombel said:

The problem he had was that when using Mechjeb in 1.12, he gets all inputs locked

That's really strange, I'll have to take a look at it.  To summarize:

• Mechjeb WITHOUT ClickThroughBlockerblocker, doesn't work, gets all inputs locked
  • Mechjeb WITH ClickThroughBlocker works

This actually sounds like a Mechjeb bug, pinging @sarbian

On 8/6/2021 at 2:59 PM, MissMolly said:

Thanks I had to D/L clickthrougblocker for it to work.

On 8/6/2021 at 6:02 PM, Tacombel said:

The problem he had was that when using Mechjeb in 1.12, he gets all inputs locked

You really need to post a log file.  Mechjeb doesn't use CTB, and I've chatted with @sarbian about this.  Most likely you have something else going on, without the log file it's impossible to say.

On 8/9/2021 at 6:54 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

You really need to post a log file.  Mechjeb doesn't use CTB, and I've chatted with @sarbian about this.  Most likely you have something else going on, without the log file it's impossible to say.

THANK YOU. If it happens again I will repost, I did find one of the mods I had was throwing an error (RSS Date time formatter)  For CTB  I do not known if it was related,  I dont think I was though.

• 1 month later...

I recently updated my game to 1.12.2 and obviously had to reinstall all my mods. I noticed something wacky about mechjeb.

First, the settings window doesnt open

Second, Mechjeb used to be persistent for each of my craft....if I had Smart ASS open for a particular craft and had it set to prograde, everytime I would load that craft or come close to it with another craft, it will reset to prograde and my Smart ASS window is left where I put it. Now, I keep having to move the window back to where I want it everytime I open MJ in flight, unless its the same flight and I didnt switch crafts.

Do you need a log file for this? Ive never actually asked for support or given a log file before....

3 hours ago, Oshen said:

I recently updated my game to 1.12.2 and obviously had to reinstall all my mods. I noticed something wacky about mechjeb.

First, the settings window doesnt open

Second, Mechjeb used to be persistent for each of my craft....if I had Smart ASS open for a particular craft and had it set to prograde, everytime I would load that craft or come close to it with another craft, it will reset to prograde and my Smart ASS window is left where I put it. Now, I keep having to move the window back to where I want it everytime I open MJ in flight, unless its the same flight and I didnt switch crafts.

Do you need a log file for this? Ive never actually asked for support or given a log file before....

Update: I finally figured out the problem...I have KSP through Steam but I have a second copy of my game that contains all of my mods and I run that copy instead of the Steam copy. CKAN will only put mods into the Steam copy Gamedata folder, I auto uploaded Mechjeb2 from CKAN and then copied it to my mod copy game folder which caused the issue. I uninstalled that Mechjeb from CKAN and then manually installed from Github straight into my mod copy Gamedata folder. It works perfectly now.

1 hour ago, Oshen said:

Update: I finally figured out the problem...I have KSP through Steam but I have a second copy of my game that contains all of my mods and I run that copy instead of the Steam copy. CKAN will only put mods into the Steam copy Gamedata folder, I auto uploaded Mechjeb2 from CKAN and then copied it to my mod copy game folder which caused the issue. I uninstalled that Mechjeb from CKAN and then manually installed from Github straight into my mod copy Gamedata folder. It works perfectly now.

CKAN will put mods anywhere. I do it all the time. Yes, I use steam and never put mods directly in the steam directory. In CKAN, see "File/Manage Game Instances/New Game Instance" and browse to wherever your game that you want to mod is. Perhaps the one confusing thing is that when you are browsing to select the game instance, you have to select the buildID64.txt file instead of the directory or executable or anything like that. P.S. This thread isn't really the basic MechJeb thread, not that it much matters.

2 hours ago, rmaine said:

CKAN will put mods anywhere. I do it all the time. Yes, I use steam and never put mods directly in the steam directory. In CKAN, see "File/Manage Game Instances/New Game Instance" and browse to wherever your game that you want to mod is. Perhaps the one confusing thing is that when you are browsing to select the game instance, you have to select the buildID64.txt file instead of the directory or executable or anything like that. P.S. This thread isn't really the basic MechJeb thread, not that it much matters.

Can you please link me to the thread? I tried searching for it and cant find a general thread and now I have other problems...lol

9 minutes ago, Oshen said:

Can you please link me to the thread? I tried searching for it and cant find a general thread and now I have other problems...lol

Here you go. BTW, Google gave this as the 2nd hit from just googling MechJeb; I didn't even have to mention KSP, though that helps with many searches. I find Google a lot easier than the forum's search tool, which I also find painful.

• 10 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.