First land on minmus and way back home! :D

Luc1fer

(I forgot this is a mission report sorry, noob fail, pls admin move this to mission reports:cool:)

So here we are again kerbonauts!

Yesterday I finally did my first manned Mun landing, but today i did after 3 dead kerbals and 1 probe crashed my 1st successful manned Kerbin-Minmus-Kerbin mission :cool::D:sticktongue:

1-The rocket

It's the same big daddy that sent the ''nostromo 1'' to the Mun but with bigger 1st stage rockets to make it have longer range!:) (Post launch photo).

4Xl5Ec0.jpg

2-The ''Nostromo 2''

It's a 1 man small transport to Minmus, it has 2 stages, one to land on Minmus and one to withstand the reentry and land on Kerbin.

Here it is landed while valentina does a EVA!;)

QJr6oU8.jpg?1

The landing also was much easier than the Mun, so this only took me a single try, the other 3 kerbonauts died as I miscalculed the fuel and got stranded in the space while going back home,

then I decided to do a 1 man mission, much lighter and cheap!

3-The way back kerbin

Here you see the ''nostromo 2'' aproaching the earth, as you notice I nearly ran out of fuel, but finally it was enough to change my vector towards Kerbin and land near the Station!:sticktongue::sticktongue::sticktongue:

ZsOrn1A.jpg

Here you see the ''Nostromo 2'' going onto it's last stage!

FSo4ybx.jpg

And finally here the ''nostromo 2'' reentrying and landing safely on Kerbin with the station at the background!:cool:

uAR8AHE.jpg

SJbYsBc.jpg

FqCA32d.jpg

Tell me your toughs guys and tell/show me your adventures going to minmus and your landers!:sticktongue::cool:;):):D

Edited by Juanlu16

Good job, your craft got her to Minmus and back safely. :wink: Don't take this the wrong way, but there seems to be quite a bit of unnecessary stuff on your lander, or maybe it's for aesthetics?  

Edited by Mjarf

9 hours ago, Mjarf said:

Good job, your craft got her to Minmus and back safely. :wink: Don't take this the wrong way, but there seems to be quite a bit of unnecessary stuff on your lander, or maybe it's for aesthetics?  

Yes, for example idk what the radiators are even for but looked cool:D

They're for keeping mining equipment from overheating actually. You also seem to have a significant amount of monopropellant on your crafts, but better safe than sorry I guess.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.