Popup every time I enter the forum?

CobaltShock

Hey everyone. Not sure where to put this, but ever since I got back into KSP and the KSP forum, I have gotten a popup in regards to a "spyware" thread whenever I enter the KSP forum. In particular the KSP discussion board, and especially the "What did you do in KSP today" thread.

Here's an example of the popup:

https://imgur.com/a/yLNNfzv

No clue what cubeupload is, and i have never used it. I know there is basically no harm to me (since it is of course blocked), but I was wondering why this is? If this has already been answered, my apologies.

23 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Looks like you have a virus on your computer, that message is from MakwareBytes, and it is blocking an outgoing connection

Malware bytes has a history of false positives from CubeUpload.com, an image hosting site.

From my research after @Gargamel informed me of the problem, it was once mistakenly tagged as unsafe, then whitelisted, then somehow unknowingly got put back on the naughty list during an update.

It's probably my fault.  I don't know anyone else here who uses it.

23 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Looks like you have a virus on your computer, that message is from MakwareBytes, and it is blocking an outgoing connection

Interesting. I have run numerous virus scans, and all have come up empty. Would it make sense that it could be related to my browser (chrome)? I have downloaded videos with relatively shady youtube to mp3 websites. I also remember seeing at the top of my search bar something related to "search with _______.com", a website I used to download an mp3 file on before. To be honest I have no clue. Never have gotten a threat report related to a virus, but I'd also say it would be odd for me to be the only one having an issue on the site, so it most likely isn't anything from KSP forums itself

12 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

Malware bytes has a history of false positives from CubeUpload.com, an image hosting site.

From my research after @Gargamel informed me of the problem, it was once mistakenly tagged as unsafe, then whitelisted, then somehow unknowingly got put back on the naughty list during an update.

It's probably my fault.  I don't know anyone else here who uses it.

In my limited research, I found that it's only u.cubeupload, not cubeupload itself. Probably still is related to that site though. Only reason I would wonder is why it was put back on that list

Thanks for the info!

4 minutes ago, Steeeeve said:

In my limited research, I found that it's only u.cubeupload, not cubeupload itself. Probably still is related to that site though. Only reason I would wonder is why it was put back on that list

Thanks for the info!

Which makes it more odd, since they're the same.  When I upload, I go to cubeupload.com.  When it gives me the links to my uploaded images, it's u.cubeupload.com/whatever

Just now, Geonovast said:

Which makes it more odd, since they're the same.  When I upload, I go to cubeupload.com.  When it gives me the links to my uploaded images, it's u.cubeupload.com/whatever

Maybe it's related to signatures? Only thing I could think of that would pop up something related to images. 

Shouldn't matter if it's a sig or not.  The (one of the) images in my sig are on cubeupload (so u.cubeupload), as well as almost every upload I have here on the forum... and I have quite a few in the WDYDIKT thread.

Edited by Geonovast

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.