Mods I'd like to have

capran

I was trying out Kerbal X yesterday and downloaded a ship, and the instructions from the creator said to activate the fuel cells for power. Well, they didn't bind them to an action group, and they weren't immediately visible to me either, I had to rotate and zoom in and out around the craft to find them.

So it occurred to me, what's needed for a new mod is a window with tabs of part types, and a clickable list in each tab of each type of part. When you click the item, it highlights the part on the craft and shows the context menu as well.

The built-in resources menu sort of does this, but only for parts with consumable resources. And clicking the box next to, say electric charge, does give you the context menu,  but it's usually abbreviated, and even click the sticky button on it doesn't reveal everything.

Another mod I'd like is one that would organize stickied context menus in a clean manner (try clicking the box on one of the resource items for a huge craft, your screen will be spammed with little orange and green boxes, all disorganized). It should also make those stickied menu permanent. The stock system allows you to sticky things, but if you go back to the space center, and go back to the craft, they're gone.

And I'm still looking for a good on-screen tool bar for the action groups. I want a grid of 10 buttons, and I want to be able to relabel them, perhaps put in tooltip descriptions.

One more is an on-screen tool bar for selecting and targeting planets and moons. If you use RasterPropMonitor, the multifunction displays give you this ability, but I'd like to have it on external views.

3 hours ago, capran said:

One more is an on-screen tool bar for selecting and targeting planets and moons. If you use RasterPropMonitor, the multifunction displays give you this ability, but I'd like to have it on external views.

1 hour ago, Manwith Noname said:

How do you target arbitrary worlds with KER?

Edited by 5thHorseman

44 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

How do you target arbitrary worlds with KER?

The "Rendevouz" group contains a target selector which allows you to select a target by clicking through some filters (can be a body, vessel, probe, rover, etc..)

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

3 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

The "Rendevouz" group contains a target selector which allows you to select a target by clicking through some filters (can be a body, vessel, probe, rover, etc..)

Aha. I never found those readouts useful so have never really looked in that tab.

19 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Huh, I never knew KER had that. I'll take a look. I'll give the others a shot, too. Except Ship Manifest isn't in CKAN, so I'll have to get it manually.

Haystack ReContinued does a better job at giving you a list of things to target. Has filters of what to show, can rename vessels with a click of a button, gives some advanced info about a selected vessel. The best part is that in map view your focus automatically switches to the selected vessel / celestial body.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.