[0.16 Stock] Some crazy rockets and space planes!

I started playing around and making some ships after I got this!

The ships below use 0.16 stock parts only and all have made it into orbit or farther.

Rockets

Download

This was the first and tallest rocket I made. It's a bit hard to control when you make it to space since the only RCS is on the lander, but it still works!

oh_long_johnson.jpg

Download

This is a variation of the rocket above. It's more stable and the lander has more fuel, though you might have to decouple the lander before reaching complete orbit around Kerbin.

only_a_matter_of_timebomb.jpg

Space Planes

Download

I love to make huge ships if you didn't notice already, and this one is no exception. I wasn't originally planning to recreate the Concorde jet. After seeing the nose drop on the runway however, I had to give it that name. :cool:

space_concorde01.jpgspace_concorde02.jpg

Download

EDIT: This is the new version of the original Triforce. This version fixes the problem of the lower wings falling off if you resume the flight from the tracking station. It also provides a bit more fuel and stability as well as the capability to land vertically when there's no atmosphere to assist in landing horizontally.

triforcemkii01.jpgtriforcemkii02.jpg

triforcemkii03.jpg

Edited by Zephiris
Added Triforce Mk II and fixed typos

For the space concord, I'd try using only turbofans to get up to 15KM then firing SRBs and liquid engines at the same time while deactivating turbofans. When the SRBS turn off, drop them and continue firing the liquids to get wherever you want.

Just added the Triforce Mk II. This fixes a lot of problems and gives it better landing abilities on either of the moons currently available! :D

Also, although it was intentionally named that way the first time, I went ahead and changed the "Concord" to "Concorde".

Edited by Zephiris

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.