Moderator Appreciation Day! [Need 264 votes to make it official!]

Kerbinchaser

Should we make a Mod appreciation day?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. ?

I think that the moderators do so much around here, and they need recognition. I am petitioning to unofficially mark May 17th as the new Moderator appreciation day. 

Poll and rally with me. 

We all owe so much to these people who take time out of their lives to keep us in line here. Thanks mods! 

Edited by Lo Var Lachland

Please, we're just regular users who happen to be in the moderators group. We don't need or deserve any special recognition- it starts to remove our sense of co-unity with the rest of the forums.

I'm sure the rest of the moderators feel the same way as I do.

2 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Please, we're just regular users who happen to be in the moderators group. We don't need or deserve any special recognition- it starts to remove our sense of co-unity with the rest of the forums.

I'm sure the rest of the moderators feel the same way as I do.

But what if there's cake?

Just now, Geonovast said:

But what if there's cake?

Something, something, now you're thinking with portals... ;)

Seriously, a moderator appreciation day is a nice thought, but it's not needed.

3 hours ago, Dman979 said:

Something, something, now you're thinking with portals... ;)

Seriously, a moderator appreciation day is a nice thought, but it's not needed.

Eeeeh... You still need it. You all have lives, and yet you still take tome to go on the interwebs and keep us in check. We owe you all one. ;) 

1 minute ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Eeeeh... You still need it. You all have lives, and yet you still take tome to go on the interwebs and keep us in check. We owe you all one. ;) 

Well, if you really want to make our lives easier, there's a button at the top-right of each post which says "report post." If you see something you think might need moderator attention, smash that button like it's the hammer swinging game at the county fair and let us know!

1 minute ago, Dman979 said:

Well, if you really want to make our lives easier, there's a button at the top-right of each post which says "report post." If you see something you think might need moderator attention, smash that button like it's the hammer swinging game at the county fair and let us know!

I know, I know, but still. I've already got 6 people signing the petition, and 2 more! We are gonna DO this! 

Technically, you could shut us down as a moderator, but I promise we'll bring virtual cake and cookies. ;) 

On 5/17/2018 at 10:17 PM, Dman979 said:

12 voters!

37 minutes ago, The Minmus Derp said:

What’s the difference between moderators, global moderators, and moderator emeritus’?

Used to be moderators were divided between subforums and globals supervised them and gazed "globally" on the whole forum, but it's less busy now and we are all free range moderators. Globals have merely been around longer. There's only one emeritus, and that's Sal_vager. He decided he needed to move on to a new phase in his life, but had done so much on the forum for so long that we gave him a unique status as a going-away present. 

Just now, Vanamonde said:

Used to be moderators were divided between subforums and globals supervised them and gazed "globally" on the whole forum, but it's less busy now and we are all free range moderators. Globals have merely been around longer. There's only one emeritus, and that's Sal_vager. He decided he needed to move on to a new phase in his life, but had done so much on the forum for so long that we gave him a unique status as a going-away present. 

How about @Red Iron Crown though? :( 

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.