linuxgurugamer

[1.8.x] Experiment Tracker Retracked

Recommended Posts

Originally written by forum user @Derrey, original thread here:  https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/146984-12-experimenttracker/&

Adopted with @Derrey's ok.

The new version for KSP 1.4.1x has new dependencies

New Dependencies

CKAN has been updated to install the dependencies, if needed.

ExperimentTracker

Made by Derrey

MerxjR2.png

This mod lists all experiments and helps to deploy them fast and easy.

 


Availability

 

How do I use the ExperimentTracker?

This mod adds a button to the flight scene. When active, a GUI is shown which lists all science experiments that can be deployed.

You can deploy an experiment by simply clicking on it.

Finished experiments can also be reviewed (left click) and resetted (right click).

When inactive, the GUI is not shown and the button indicates whether there are experiments (yellow) or not (red).

A click on "Info" toggles a GUI which shows some informations about the current biome, etc.

 

Mod compatibility

This mod should be compatible with every science mod that uses the standard ModuleScienceExperiment interface or DMModuleScienceAnimate from DMagic.

Tested compatibility:

  • Universal Storage
  • Orbital Science

 

 

For KSP 1.1.3 download the mod here.

 

How to install:

  1. Download the .zip file.
  2. Unpack the .zip file.
  3. Copy the GameData/ExperimentTracker folder to your KSP installations GameData/ folder.
Edited by linuxgurugamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

Thank you for this very useful mod ... I do the same with AGX but it will be good to use yours. But I didn't see the ET button.

Here are my Science mods:

masTerTorch

DMagicOrbitalScience

RoverScience

OrbitalSurveyPlus-2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LopoMetello said:

Hi,

Thank you for this very useful mod ... I do the same with AGX but it will be good to use yours. But I didn't see the ET button.

Here are my Science mods:

masTerTorch

DMagicOrbitalScience

RoverScience

OrbitalSurveyPlus-2

Did you install the dependencies?  Also, this version is only for 1.4.*

If you did install the dependencies, the. I’ll need a log file

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Did you install the dependencies?  Also, this version is only for 1.4.*

If you did install the dependencies, the. I’ll need a log file

Which dependencies, I didn't read anything that ?

I'm on 1.4.3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, LopoMetello said:

Which dependencies, I didn't read anything that ?

I'm on 1.4.3

Indeed, there are no informations about dependencies in the OP but since this mod is revived by linuxgurugamer, I guess that "ToolbarController" and "ClickThroughBlocker" are required (also the changelog says: " Added support for the ClickThroughBlocker/ToolbarController") ;)

 

@linuxgurugamer If I'm right, you might want to edit your OP ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Indeed, there are no informations about dependencies in the OP but since this mod is revived by linuxgurugamer, I guess that "ToolbarController" and "ClickThroughBlocker" are required (also the changelog says: " Added support for the ClickThroughBlocker/ToolbarController") ;)

 

@linuxgurugamer If I'm right, you might want to edit your OP ;)

You are, and I did, thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LopoMetello said:

I have both installed and running correctly with others mods as Diazo...

Here are the logs: 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sv19d9sv3ey7su9/AABCk8YLOKtNORohEYnNl_A-a?dl=0

Not neat a computer right now, but make sure you have the latest versions of the dependencies 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Not neat a computer right now, but make sure you have the latest versions of the dependencies 

Update the last versions for the dependencies and now it's working perfectly... so sorry for disturbing.

Thank you for your patience!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LopoMetello said:

Update the last versions for the dependencies and now it's working perfectly... so sorry for disturbing.

Thank you for your patience!

No problem.

I was running out of time when I released this, so forgot to list the dependencies AND forgot to update CKAN.  Both done now

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New release, 1.3.3:

  • Added ability to exclude experiments using a config file
    • Currently using the KEI format since the code is copied from KEI
  • Added dependency checking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cool! Just confirming that Blizzy's Toolbar is no longer a dependency? Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tyko said:

cool! Just confirming that Blizzy's Toolbar is no longer a dependency? Thanks

Not anymore

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does this mod show only the science currently available , like [x] science does, and if so does this have the same irritating pause that [x] science has when changing biomes/situations and the list needs to update?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont know about the pause, but it only shows science currently available

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New release, 1.3.4

  • Added check for manufacturers
  • Added code to remove duplicates from experiment and manuf lists
  • Fixed  bug where multiple identical experiments were both shown in the list and deployed when the DeployAll was clicked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New release, 1.3.4.1

  • Replaced "foreach" with "for int" statements for optimizations
  • Updated excluded experiments

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there's a compatibility issue with Kerbalism since the science data stored is not considered finished.

yr13TSu.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kerbalism replaces a lot of what the game does with it’s own stuff.  Because of that, I don’t do any support for Kerbalism, sorry.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

I can either fix the file, or do a version bump, but if I replace the file on spacedock, the md5 wil be off.  Which do you suggest?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I can either fix the file, or do a version bump, but if I replace the file on spacedock, the md5 wil be off.  Which do you suggest?

I'm bumping the version

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I can either fix the file, or do a version bump, but if I replace the file on spacedock, the md5 wil be off.  Which do you suggest?

The MD5 isn't saved until the version indexes successfully. And as of recently, the same is true of the download cache. So replacing it should be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New release, 1.3.5

  • Added InstallChecker
  • Updated for KSP 1.8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

would it be possible to have an option to increase  the font size ? please

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.