Dealing with deprecated parts in 1.4

I suspended my grand KSP campaign while all the various mods I use got updated for 1.4, but before I go back into the game, I want to think out how to best deal with my existing spacecraft flights that have parts that are going to be deprecated in the future.  Since this includes a fair number of stations and bases that employ the Mk 1-2 cockpit and the various Rockomaxx fuel tanks

So which is less insane...  Try and use save file editing to replace the to be deprecated parts with their replacements, or should I bite the bullet and schedule launches that replace the craft components that have these features?

Any advice would be welcome...

In all honesty, I think SQUAD won't be removing those parts from the game anytime soon.  Yes, they are hidden now, so new ships won't have them, but I don't think they will go out of their way to break people's saves.  So I don't think a save editing is worth the trouble.   And probably not even replacing the crafts / parts in situ is worth it either. 

Just keep an eye out in the patch notes of future releases to see if Squad is removing the parts completely.   If that happens, I'm pretty sure somebody will whip up a patcher to automatically replace parts in a save. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.