[1.12.3] [Kopernicus] Alien Space Programs Re-Visited, v1.12.0 [07-MAR-2022]

Gordon Fecyk

I’ve recently began a career mode on 1.12.2 on Jool! In my headcanon the Kerbals are living on a superorganism somehow..

I’ve setup explodium light breathing engines to appear in the tech tree early instead of the normal explodium engines, so planes can be built to fly in Jool’s atmosphere.

I might stream later, made it out of the atmosphere but orbit is gonna need some serious innovation, 10km/s of high twr thrust is gonna be fun.

Edited by Mangu

On 11/14/2021 at 6:02 PM, Gordon Fecyk said:

For the most part I'm templating the world intended to be the home world. This was supported starting with the "Change My Kerbin" release of Kopernicus.

I couldn't just template the Mun or Minmus and put the KSC on it like the others were originally done though. These moons were procedurally generated or something, and if one were to just template one of them, the space center scene wouldn't work. I had to template another small object, in this case Bop, then RemoveAllPQSMods = true and rebuild the body from the Kittopia Dump for it. I also had to hand-replace all of the anomalies. This finally got the space center view to work, even if it didn't always match the correct time of day.

Something happened in 1.8 where doing things this way caused the surface to turn transparent. Maybe I have the transition from surface view to scaled space view at the wrong altitude? Something similar was also happening with Restored Duna, except at a much higher altitude. This stopped happening in 1.11.

if you're gonna template another body anyway, might as well do kerbin. i bet it'd work best that way.

• 3 months later...
10 hours ago, EndAllFilms said:

What about kerbal konstructs?

...What about it? This mod has no relation to Kerbal Konstructs, but if I understand correctly should function well with it except for when switching homeworlds.

On 11/18/2021 at 10:02 AM, Mangu said:

I’ve setup explodium light breathing engines to appear in the tech tree early instead of the normal explodium engines, so planes can be built to fly in Jool’s atmosphere.

That's probably a good idea, isn't it? Using the same adjustments as for Eve? 

@EndAllFilms I uploaded a preliminary version for KSP 1.12.3 to the GitHub repository. I didn't change much, just the HazardousBody configuration for Jool. Speaking of Jool, its placeholder surface is translucent but still walkable.

RestoredDuna still doesn't work, but I'm going to try copying a lot of stock Duna's configurations to it to get it to behave. I got Restored Duna working!

Edited by Gordon Fecyk
Got Restored Duna working

Alien Space Programs v1.12.0 Released

After a long break caused by Real Life[tm] I inspected and corrected problems in Alien Space Programs caused by the updated surface textures. ASP 1.12.0 works on KSP 1.12.3. For releases earlier than 1.12 the older releases of ASP are still available.

Kerbal Konstructs Kompatibility

I'm not sure what the problem is with Kerbal Konstructs and why I get frequent questions about it. I can use it with different home worlds without difficulty, and it appears objects placed with one homeworld setting will continue to work in other homeworld settings.

707QjVj.png

tCBz80e.png

This was a Level 1 launch pad, crawlerway, and VAB dropped on top of a MapDecal placed in the middle of Laythe's ocean. These objects remained accessible in saves from Kerbin and Eve, and I presume other home world settings.

Now the current edition of Kerbal Konstructs requires a support add-on called Custom Pre-Launch Checks, so make sure when using KK to also have that support add-on installed. Otherwise I don't see what the problem is. Now some home world placements won't accommodate all of the customized KSC layouts some folks constructed, but nothing should stop anyone from adapting these.

21 hours ago, Gordon Fecyk said:

I'm not sure what the problem is with Kerbal Konstructs and why I get frequent questions about it. I can use it with different home worlds without difficulty, and it appears objects placed with one homeworld setting will continue to work in other homeworld settings.

707QjVj.png

tCBz80e.png

This was a Level 1 launch pad, crawlerway, and VAB dropped on top of a MapDecal placed in the middle of Laythe's ocean. These objects remained accessible in saves from Kerbin and Eve, and I presume other home world settings.

Now the current edition of Kerbal Konstructs requires a support add-on called Custom Pre-Launch Checks, so make sure when using KK to also have that support add-on installed. Otherwise I don't see what the problem is. Now some home world placements won't accommodate all of the customized KSC layouts some folks constructed, but nothing should stop anyone from adapting these.

Can't wait for compatible of KSC extended

On 3/13/2022 at 9:11 PM, Gordon Fecyk said:

707QjVj.png

tCBz80e.png

Also the update for Kerbal Konstructs would be great because when you wanted to launch it in a different planet you could just launch by going to the launch in the VAB and then just launch it in the different planet without doing homeworld settings. btw you could edit all the surfaces even if you added the replacement of kopernicus KSC with Kerbal Konstructs

Edited by EndAllFilms
Do you think it's a good idea?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/13/2022 at 9:11 PM, Gordon Fecyk said:

707QjVj.png

tCBz80e.png

But let me explain. The point is Kerbal Konstructs has a VAB and others but instead of switching all Kerbal Space Center you could just have put All kerbal space center Kerbal konstructs to all planets instead of actually manually switching to the other planets and you can also launch it to the other planet

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.