Mod Idea/Request

Agree? Disagree  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Agree? Disagree

• Yes, I am a fellow lover of "realism" and I would love to see a mod like this
    • No, I hate challenges because they make my head hurt and I hate you
    • Your poll format is skewed and your life is a lie.

Since I don't have the skill to nor currently the time to learn to code, I'm turning this over to the community. Could we have a more in-depth and by extension difficult airship mod? Make it so in order to gain buoyancy you have to expend compressed hydrogen or safer-but-less-effective helium or use E/C or fuel to heat up the gas (as well as dropping ballast). And to lose buoyancy you would have to re-compress (if that's even possible), vent, or allow the gases to cool. Make players budget their use of these resources. In addition, in oxygenated atmospheres give hydrogen a small chance to combust on vent, especially if headed or if the part if damaged. Before the death of airpark it was far too easy to set up mining bases in gas giant, and still is too easy to have balloons ferry you around Kerbin and Eve for almost no cost (other than your own patience). I think adding engineering difficulty by resource balance is usually a good thing, I don't think a mod like this would be difficult to understand but still stop players from getting free movement. It honestly just feels cheaty.

Speaking of airpark, the current people (or is it person now?) working on airpark continued are rather busy with having lives and stuff and if somebody would be willing to lend a hand in bringing it closer to ready would make my Jool mining station (whom is now filled with dead kerbals) eternally grateful. Oh, and me too.

Edited by Storywalker4

Airships are pretty cool but I doubt there is enough interest in the community to produce a RealFuels-level of depth for such behavior. It'd be mighty fantastic to see it happen though

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.