Stock KSP Jet Engine Sounds. {and how to change them}

vardicd

I'm looking for a mod to restore the stock KSP Jet Engine sounds from versions pre- 1.4.0 the new sounds for the jet engines just flat out hurts my ears. If anyone knows of a mod to restore the old sounds, or provides and alternative sound pack, please let me know.

Alternatively, if there is anyone out there that knows how to simply restore the old sounds from previous versions to the new version without mods, I'd be grateful for instructions on how to do this.

I love playing with jets and jet powered craft, but I the new sounds are just painful to my ears, and playing with the game muted while flying a jet is annoying.

Thanks for any help.

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, I wasn't quite sure where to actually post it.

Edited by vardicd

58 minutes ago, vardicd said:

I'm looking for a mod to restore the stock KSP Jet Engine sounds from versions pre- 1.4.0 the new sounds for the jet engines just flat out hurts my ears. If anyone knows of a mod to restore the old sounds, or provides and alternative sound pack, please let me know.

Alternatively, if there is anyone out there that knows how to simply restore the old sounds from previous versions to the new version without mods, I'd be grateful for instructions on how to do this.

I love playing with jets and jet powered craft, but I the new sounds are just painful to my ears, and playing with the game muted while flying a jet is annoying.

Thanks for any help.

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, I wasn't quite sure where to actually post it.

RealPlume. Not only adds better sounds, but better smoke/fire effects from engines:

18 minutes ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

RealPlume. Not only adds better sounds, but better smoke/fire effects from engines:

I use real plume, but it doesn't seem to affect the jet engine sounds, unless there's some optional patch for it that I've missed>?

10 hours ago, vardicd said:

I use real plume, but it doesn't seem to affect the jet engine sounds, unless there's some optional patch for it that I've missed>?

Maybe it doesn't affect the sounds. I guess I always just noticed the plumes. Other than that, I don't think I can help you. Sorry.

UNLEEEES, 

you and I agree to Mae a sound mod using real engine sounds based on the size. I think it wouldn't be too hard. 

7 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Maybe it doesn't affect the sounds. I guess I always just noticed the plumes. Other than that, I don't think I can help you. Sorry.

UNLEEEES, 

you and I agree to Mae a sound mod using real engine sounds based on the size. I think it wouldn't be too hard. 

The limit of my moding ability is changing a few numbers in a config file to get a slightly different outcome of the part's consumption of power or fuel, or output of power, fuel or thrust. if it's any more complicated than changing code that's already there, I'm useless. I can't even figure out how to mod sound files for the jet engines, and I've been trying to figure it out since 1.4.0 released.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.