[1.11.0] KTech v1.11 Weapons and Parts Extension For BDAc v1.4.0.0+

TheKurgan

• 6 months later...

No updates required for 1.7.1 (Yes I use Kopernicus, so I'm still on 1.7.1) 

One Issue I am having is with my universal ammo box... when you change the resource in the box, the old one doesn't go away until you click off the box.

If anyone has a solution, please let me know.

• 4 months later...

@Eli the Space Nerd Thanks for commenting, glad you enjoy it!!

I don't know if I will be adding much more to KTech, I do not have the skills required to make new models, so KTech is pretty much done... at least for now.

I did recompile the category plugin though, and everything seems to work fine in 1.8.1.

If you or anyone finds any issues or is getting any errors related to KTech, please let me know.

Still having the issue with my universal ammo box... when you change the resource in the box, the old one doesn't go away until you click off the box.

Still have not found a solution.

• 5 months later...

Hey dude, i tried your mod and it broke BDArmory. What i mean by that is that the guns dont shoot where i aim. I am at a certain point on a planet ( yes i made a battleship ), the green circles show on a different point and the guns dont even fire towards the planet. The railgun turrets are worst in this case. It seems to only happen on larger vehicles and when i use multiple turrets. When i use only one it works normally, and as i said before that BDArmory worked fine.

8 hours ago, Kikin8034 said:

Hey dude, i tried your mod and it broke BDArmory

No, ballistic weapons do not work correctly in space anymore. Something back in one of the major patches broke it.

The same thing will happen with regular BDA weapons.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, for the Phaser weapons, look in the config, and change laserDamage = ???? to whatever you want.

1600 is the standard damage of the ABL in BDArmory.

The other laser weapons (Star Wars types) are not really that powerful.

The photon torpedoes are going to absolutely devastate anything it hits, you can change the tntMass = 1000 to something lower, but it's still going to do alot of damage.

• 8 months later...

Hello! Thanks for the recent update for this mod.

As of now, I've been trying to create my own Sci-Fi weapons related with the ones seen in the Star Wars franchise. I've been using some of the weapon parts from BDArmory, changed most of the written configs and made new sounds for these weapons.

However, ever since the new updates for BDArmory, I'm unable to change the "projectileColor" for these weapons and they stay the same color as the ones used in base mod. The recent update for K-Tech hasn't changed much either, since the color of the projectile for all weapons now default to the tracer color used in the "X10B" section.

Is there any way to change the colors of the tracer bullets, because I'm really hoping to create my own versions of other Sci-Fi weaponry.

5 hours ago, callsignblaze said:

unfortunately the new update freezes my game at loading

I had a similar problem when updating it. It was quickly resolved because I only had to remove the parts that were named in the loading bar that were from the same mod.

These were the 50cal Browning and Vulcan parts, and after that, the game was able to run again.

Perhaps that should fix your problems.

Edited by Eli the Space Nerd

The browning and Vulcan variants were removed from KTech, as their ammo types are part of BDA now.
You need to delete the old KTech before installing the new one.

12 hours ago, Eli the Space Nerd said:

Is there any way to change the colors of the tracer bullets, because I'm really hoping to create my own versions of other Sci-Fi weaponry.

The newest BDA from SpaceDock, has the tracer color in the bullet def. The colors assigned in the gun are supposed to override this, but I am unsure if it actually does.

35 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

The browning and Vulcan variants were removed from KTech, as their ammo types are part of BDA now.

The newest BDA from SpaceDock, has the tracer color in the bullet def. The colors assigned in the gun are supposed to override this, but I am unsure if it actually does.

i did remove it before thats my standard procedure. i will try again i a day or so

1 hour ago, TheKurgan said:

I've tested it in game, and while the X10B weapons do override the 'projetileColor', the other custom weapons I've made do not. The tracer color defaults to the pink projectile color from the X10B weapons.

I think what's causing this issue is that all of the weapons that have the named section, "bulletType", are only focusing on the "projectileColor" that is in the BulletDefs file. So, this means that in order to create weapons with different tracer colors, the user has to create a newly named section.

EDIT: All of the custom weapons I've made with the "bulletType" were named "Laser", and in this case, Laser in the BulletDefs file had the following tracer colors:

projectileColor = 255, 0, 204, 255 
    fadeColor = False
    startColor = 255, 105, 0, 160

Edited by Eli the Space Nerd

Added BDExplosivePart module to the AIM-120D, fixed the range on the RG Turret, and maybe another couple of minor fixes in here somewhere... it's been a crazy week.

https://spacedock.info/mod/1861/KTech

https://github.com/TheKurgan/Ktech/releases

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i81k17rambkxjo4/KTech1.11d.zip?dl=0

• 3 weeks later...

My game freezes, I deleted the parts that made it freeze, but after deleting like 5-10 parts I stopped deleting, there is something wrong, I use ksp 1.11.1, up to date BD armory, and amongst other mods Future weapons, another sci-fi weapons mod. Maybe it's the game's version who is the fault? This is strange because all people here said that after deleting just 2 parts everything should work fine

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...