Test the Game

f070214

Hi everyone!

I'm very interested in this game and would like to try it! But my laptop has very weak specifications and I'm not sure it will manage to run KSP. Could anyone advise how I can test it? Demo tab on the official site has been under maintenance for almost a week. Should I reinstall the game when I finally buy it?

Most computers aimed at general use, built within the last couple years, should be able to handle KSP.  It just depends on how you deal with the lag.  Lag in the game isn't deal breaking, just annoying. 

If you are planning on buying through Steam, they offer refunds.   That should be long enough to see if your machine can handle KSP ok.    I'd immediately load up the largest stock (pre-made) craft int he game and launch it.  If the speed is ok with you, then keep the game and save up for a gaming rig.    By then you will be completely addicted.

Edited by Gargamel

8 hours ago, guesswho2778 said:

i have a crappy acer 4GB ram laptop and for 100 parts ithe game runs at about 50 fps  300 parts is about 25 fps and 500 is about 10 fps so im sure you cant get worse than that

When I started playing KSP, it was on one of these:

Image result for dell inspiron old

1.86gHz processor, only 100gb hard drive, graphics so bad that they couldn't render re-entry effects and turned the entire ship hot pink instead, runs Windows xp, and has only 2GB RAM.

I'm glad I'll never have to go back.

I'm currently playing on a 4GB RAM laptop with only about 500 MB available on the HD. It generally works OK, but make sure you have a decent amount of HD space (unlike me). I'm getting a new laptop this week though which is 8GB RAM and 1TB hard drive. So you can run it on low-end systems, but only just about.

11 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

so bad that they couldn't render re-entry effects and turned the entire ship hot pink instead,

ok i was wrong

8 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

with only about 500 MB available on the HD

same

8 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

this week though which is 8GB RAM and 1TB hard drive.

nice!