[1.3.x/1.4.x/1.5.x/1.6.x/1.7.x/1.8.x/1.9.x] B9 Procedural Wings Fork - Go big or go home update (40% larger wings)

Jebman82

7 hours ago, boohey12 said:

I was wondering what you did to increase it to 20% from original I have been using B9 Procedural Parts Modified which lets you increase the size of the wings as much as you want in any direction but its not being updated for the new KSP 1.4 to 1.4.3 and I would love it if you can either have an alteritate version of this mod that lets you do this or tell me modify it to work in 1.4. 

see I make large SSTs and when I use this mod the wings just wont go big enough. 

here is my Lockheed L-2000 SST with the B9 Procedural Parts Modified mod

2qapd3l.png

here is the same aircraft and view with this mod

2aexrpc.png

hope you can maybe give us an mod version like that it would be amazing its the only thing stopping me using the new kerbal version and I would love to get up to date. 

thanks!

FWIW, you can see from the screenshots that this guy has the exact same issue I'm posting about with the textures...

Does this mod require any other mod? Because I installed the mod and when I loaded up KSP the parts appeared and they would attached to other parts but I couldn't edit them by pressing J and the B9 button doesn't appear either.

Did I install the mod correctly? Am I missing another mod?

On 6/18/2018 at 4:47 AM, boohey12 said:

Yeah I thought it was the alt textures but something isn't right.

Is this referring to the seemingly half-(or smaller)scaled textures on the wings? It gives them a certain "made out of lego" look. :)

14 hours ago, SparkyFox said:

that's bringing a plane from 1.3.1 to 1.4.4, has this happened to anyone else?

I have not tested exact case of crafts and KSP version, but I got similar breaking changes in previous KSP updates. There can be a lot of changes within KSP and within mode that cause such things. You will have more luck with just rebuilding whole craft from strach with latest KSP version and mod. At least you will renew knowledge how you have build it first time and it will be much quicker with each build. Also oportunity to make some improvements in design too.

7 hours ago, kcs123 said:

I have not tested exact case of crafts and KSP version, but I got similar breaking changes in previous KSP updates. There can be a lot of changes within KSP and within mode that cause such things. You will have more luck with just rebuilding whole craft from strach with latest KSP version and mod. At least you will renew knowledge how you have build it first time and it will be much quicker with each build. Also oportunity to make some improvements in design too.

in the past, if I remember right, PWings have usually been stable and fine when updating to another version, but in that screenshot, its only the control surfaces that's borked up

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just test v 0.60 for 1.4.3 and it works normally until I also install b9partswitch 2.3.3 which then prevent the use of J or show wing data to function at all.  Game version is 1.4.5 . also tested with no other mods presence. b9partswitch also require near future and cyroengine, so things might be related to the b9partswitch dependencies. Any quick fix to this?

1 hour ago, cvl4317 said:

I just test v 0.60 for 1.4.3 and it works normally until I also install b9partswitch 2.3.3 which then prevent the use of J or show wing data to function at all.  Game version is 1.4.5 . also tested with no other mods presence. b9partswitch also require near future and cyroengine, so things might be related to the b9partswitch dependencies. Any quick fix to this?

B9PartSwitch does not depend on any other mod, it is other way around, cyroengine and other mods depend on B9PartSwitch for changing textures/meshes for different variants of same part. Like raised/lowered tail for example. B9PartSwitch on it's own does not use any key, at least to my knowladge, so most probably it isomething else in conflict. It is good to ask @blowfish what is going on, but you will need to provide log file, for better understanding what is going on.

And welcome to forums, btw.

21 minutes ago, kcs123 said:

B9PartSwitch does not depend on any other mod, it is other way around, cyroengine and other mods depend on B9PartSwitch for changing textures/meshes for different variants of same part. Like raised/lowered tail for example. B9PartSwitch on it's own does not use any key, at least to my knowladge, so most probably it isomething else in conflict. It is good to ask @blowfish what is going on, but you will need to provide log file, for better understanding what is going on.

And welcome to forums, btw.

Yeah I would look at other mods first - B9PartSwitch doesn't touch any key bindings.

4 hours ago, cvl4317 said:

Testing with b9 Part Switch 

https://www.dropbox.com/preview/Public/KSP with b9.zip

Testing without b9 part switch (also minus Near Future , all other b9 and OPT due to dependencies)

https://www.dropbox.com/preview/Public/KSP without b9.zip

Bug occurrence is repeatable. It comes down to just having these mods or not to trigger the bug.  

It looks like you din't shared the files so they're not accessible?  (pretty sure the public URL will be something much longer too).  Could you also try with just B9PartSwitch and none of OPT's other dependencies?  Just trying to narrow it down as much as possible.

I force a clean install. Doing a strict one mod at a time installation. The problem is not B9 Part Switch, but " B9 Aerospace - Legacy Parts Pack 1:v6.5.1" . This is of course a really trivial thing to skip. Are you still interested with the log comparison?

I force a clean install. Doing a strict one mod at a time installation. The problem is not B9 Part Switch, but " B9 Aerospace - Legacy Parts Pack 1:v6.5.1" . This is of course a really trivial thing to skip. Are you still interested with the log comparison?

Yeah.  That surprises me since there's really nothing but parts in that pack.  Are you sure the only difference was that, and not some dependencies as well?

Hi All,

Just dropping in to mention I haven't forgotten this mod.

In short, I got diagnosed with an Auto Immune Condition, right around when I released the first port. It's been a crappy few months of tiredness, fatigue and pain. However, while what I have is progressive, cumulative and chronic, I am feeling much better and I am nearly in remission.

This means I will be picking this mod back up. First step will be to read all comments and reply in kind to questions and suggestions.

Thanks for all your patience and look for an update over the next few weeks!

3 hours ago, Jebman82 said:

Hi All,

In short, I got diagnosed with an Auto Immune Condition, right around when I released the first port. It's been a crappy few months of tiredness, fatigue and pain. However, while what I have is progressive, cumulative and chronic, I am feeling much better and I am nearly in remission.

This means I will be picking this mod back up. First step will be to read all comments and reply in kind to questions and suggestions.

I hope things will only get better for you, and thank you for giving this mod another life. 

3 hours ago, blowfish said:

Yeah.  That surprises me since there's really nothing but parts in that pack.  Are you sure the only difference was that, and not some dependencies as well?

This is Log with just the b9 procedural wing mod  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QC-GksiwBQLjVrAVIWsf53oVBTIfYrdj/view?usp=sharing

This is Log with the  b9 Legacy Part , and props. added.  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QiX5Hr8fJREUqt6KM8txRpmQiIOKNX4G/view?usp=sharing   (Break B9 Procedural wing)

3 hours ago, cvl4317 said:

This is Log with just the b9 procedural wing mod  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QC-GksiwBQLjVrAVIWsf53oVBTIfYrdj/view?usp=sharing

This is Log with the  b9 Legacy Part , and props. added.  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QiX5Hr8fJREUqt6KM8txRpmQiIOKNX4G/view?usp=sharing   (Break B9 Procedural wing)

Okay, here's your problem.  You have a (seemingly empty) FerramAerospaceResearch folder in GameData.  The key difference between those two logs is that you have ModuleManager installed in one of them, which will see that FerramAerospaceResearch folder, and patches that should only apply if FAR is present, and apply them.

The B9 Legacy pack was definitely not the only difference between those two - all of its dependencies were added too.  You can't really pin it on a particular mod if you're installing others as well.

On 8/14/2018 at 10:23 AM, Jebman82 said:

Hi All,

I'm so sad to hear that bad things happening to good people. Personal health and family should always be priority no#1, moding can alwas wait. I hope that you will find some joy while working on it at least, might even help you to forget about health condition for short while. Anyhow, thanks for taking over maintenance of this mod, I wish you to get better as soon as possible.

vAT0N5E.png

Hello and thank you for maintaining this mod!

Unfortunately there appears to be (on my install) a problem with some sort of mesh when resizing control surface root/tip width. As you can see from the picture, a two-dimensional surface (only visible from certain angles) remains where the position of the trailing edge used to be before resizing it. It also seems to be causing a good amount of drag in FAR.

I'm running KSP 1.3.1, FAR 15.9.1, (your) B9-Pwings-Fork-Backport 0.1.0 along with a bunch of other mods that may or may not cause this.

Can you reproduce this?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.