[1.3.x/1.4.x/1.5.x/1.6.x/1.7.x/1.8.x/1.9.x] B9 Procedural Wings Fork - Go big or go home update (40% larger wings)

Jebman82

42 minutes ago, jonescat010 said:

There is a problem with the wings procedural thing here is a video of it 

This doesnt work with modified aswell

Question, did you build that craft/space plane in the latest version? Or is it an old .craft file that doesn’t work? If it is an old craft you have loaded and the wings aren’t the right size that is expected. There is no support for vehicles from one version of this mod to be supported in another. Finally I only maintain “B9 Procedural Wings Fork” and the “-backport”. When you say “Modified” I’m assuming you’re referring to a discontinued version of B9 wings as it does sound familiar. 

Also I can see you’re struggling a bit with your English. Maybe use a little more Google Translate so I can understand:

- Is this an old .craft?

- What version of KSP are you on?

- What version of B9 Wings are you using?

- Why are so many of your part textures black? Are you setting “-force-d3d11” as a launch option?

I did not built this, i'm using fork, version 1:0.91, And its a radiation mod 

Its a radiation mod

The craft was built in 1.3.1

I tryed installing it without and it does not see the wings anymore.

Edited by Gargamel
Multiple posts merged into one post.

2 hours ago, jonescat010 said:

CAN YOU PLEASE FIX THIS the plugin dosent work and i really want to play with a craft i really want you to PLEASE fix this

I cant make it up to 1.5.1 because some mods to the craft doesnt go that high

Jones, Modders produce these mods in their own time.   They are not beholden to anybody to update or work on the mods at all. 

Now, if you simply state your problem, then people will help you fix the problem.  Above in this thread, some questions were asked of you, and you have yet to answer them.  Perhaps if you were to do so, then we could help you find a working solution. 

Some threads that might help you find a solution:

I like jonescat010 got an issue when updating to the latest version all my wings were borked, I could not even access the menu to config them on a new craft. My current game version is 1.3.0.

I fixed the problem by using CKAN to reinstall the 10.0.40.13 version of the mod, this returned all my saved craft back to how they were.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't exactly know why, but no matter what shape i tweak the wings, they seem to only generate minimal thrust, rendering the plane not maneuverable at all, it can for example have an angle of attack of 50 degrees or more at over 200 m/s, but the navball prograde marker only turns at like 2 deg/s. I try to make the exact same plane with the same wing shape, except this time, the wing is made of stock parts, and it works perfectly fine. Anyone who can explain why?

I also have FAR btw

48 minutes ago, hanhan658 said:

I don't exactly know why, but no matter what shape i tweak the wings, they seem to only generate minimal thrust, rendering the plane not maneuverable at all, it can for example have an angle of attack of 50 degrees or more at over 200 m/s, but the navball prograde marker only turns at like 2 deg/s. I try to make the exact same plane with the same wing shape, except this time, the wing is made of stock parts, and it works perfectly fine. Anyone who can explain why?

I also have FAR btw

Are you sure your FAR and B9 proc wing versions are the last ones ? I had the same problem when I updated to 1.7 but it was rapidly corrected in new mod versions. The problem has already been discussed in the previous page. To be sure, you can press F12 and look if you have blue lift arrows coming from your wings in flight. If you don't, well, check you are using the last versions.

On 5/12/2019 at 3:16 PM, Altaille said:

Are you sure your FAR and B9 proc wing versions are the last ones ? I had the same problem when I updated to 1.7 but it was rapidly corrected in new mod versions. The problem has already been discussed in the previous page. To be sure, you can press F12 and look if you have blue lift arrows coming from your wings in flight. If you don't, well, check you are using the last versions.

I'm using 1.6.1, which versions of FAR or B9 procedural wings should i use then? I've installed both of those mods clearly stating that the version is compatible with 1.6.1, so i don't see the problem

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

I have a problem with the deploy direction of mirrored B9 Procedrual Control Surfaces.  If I push the Deploy button inside the SPH both deploy in the same direction. Also changing the deploy direction works fine. But as soon as my plane is outside and I press the deploy button the control surfaces deploy in opposite directions. One goes up and the other goes down. Changing the deploy direction changes the direction ... on both as usual.  Thus both are still wrong, just the other way round.

But this happens only using the deploy button. Anything else is working as expected. FAR is not installed.

Any ideas - hints ?

TIA , Joe

Edited by JoeeoJ
typo

12 minutes ago, JoeeoJ said:

Hi there,

I have a problem with the deploy direction of mirrored B9 Procedrual Control Surfaces.  If I push the Deploy button inside the SPH both deploy in the same direction. Also changing the deploy direction works fine. But as soon as my plane is outside and I press the deploy button the control surfaces deploy in opposite directions. One goes up and the other goes down. Changing the deploy direction changes the direction ... on both as usual.  Thus both are still wrong, just the other way round.

But this happens only using the deploy button. Anything else is working as expected. FAR is not installed.

Any ideas - hints ?

TIA , Joe

This bug is present with stock aero for some time. It is probably not reported often becasue lot of folks who use B9PW also use FAR at the same time.

Do I have to strictly use 0.80 for KSP 1.6.1 ?

Because the additions / fixes in 0.90 and 0.91 are neat and I would like to have them.

Fact is, I actually do use 0.91 in KSP 1.6.1 and it works somehow, only issue is that the coloring does not work, they're all black.

So I want to know, are they all black because I use the wrong version or because I use -force-glcore and TU?

^Got it, it's because of -force-glcore

On 3/21/2019 at 7:05 PM, JWS said:

supporting openGL may not be a priority

Well, it should, many ppl use it.

Edited by Gordon Dry

2 hours ago, JoeeoJ said:

Hi KCS123,

thanks for your reply.

That sounds to me that if I install FAR it should work as expected ?

TIA, Joe

Yes, I'm just creating new craft with it and created a few couple of days before. With FAR flaps and spoilers work as intended.
It is even easier to create craft with FAR (you get new tools in SPH/VAB), so don't be afraid to install it.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, delta wee said:

Is it possible to make the wing offset greater than 10?

I'm not sure if I understand question. What do you mean by "offset greater than 10" ?
If you attach root of wing to the nose, it is quite possible to offset wing tip to be on tail (depending on wigspan). Is that what you wanted to ask or something else ?

3 hours ago, kcs123 said:

I'm not sure if I understand question. What do you mean by "offset greater than 10" ?
If you attach root of wing to the nose, it is quite possible to offset wing tip to be on tail (depending on wigspan). Is that what you wanted to ask or something else ?

When I press J I see that the "Offset" setting only goes up to 10. I want to make a plane with a very large wingspan, and where the wing tips go WAY behind the back of the plane.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2019 at 6:12 PM, delta wee said:

When I press J I see that the "Offset" setting only goes up to 10. I want to make a plane with a very large wingspan, and where the wing tips go WAY behind the back of the plane.

You could break your wing up into segments?

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, juanml82 said:

So, huh, am I the only one with black wings? Changing their material doesn't do anything. I'm using KSP 1.7.2 and this mod's 0.91

Probably. I have no issue with textures and didin't see much complains either. Are you forcing DX11 or OpenGL ? I have seen some people complaining that they have glitches with textures if they don't use DX9. Personaly, I'm using DX11 and only have minor problems on handful of SPH/VAB part icons. Parts on craft don't have any issues. But that is offtopic from this thread.

You may have some strange driver/GPU and in game settings combo or you don't have it installed properly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.