[1.3.x/1.4.x/1.5.x/1.6.x/1.7.x/1.8.x/1.9.x] B9 Procedural Wings Fork - Go big or go home update (40% larger wings)

Jebman82

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I think time for one final update. Thanks to all the contributors over the last year or so. The repo looks ok, I will get a dev setup installed over the next few weeks, compile, test, refine and release. I have a new Ryzen 3700 and RTX 2070 + 32GB DDR4 I've not tested KSP on yet. Should be fun!

Edited by Jebman82

On 2/20/2020 at 2:54 AM, Jebman82 said:

So I think time for one final update. Thanks to all the contributors over the last year or so. The repo looks ok, I will get a dev setup installed over the next few weeks, compile, test, refine and release. I have a new Ryzen 3700 and RTX 2070 + 32GB DDR4 I've not tested KSP on yet. Should be fun!

I hope a fix for textures not working when KSP launches using OpenGL is in the next release.

On 11/9/2019 at 5:27 AM, jrodriguez said:

Hi all,

I have done a new release of this awesome mod for KSP 1.8.1. You can download it from here:

https://github.com/jrodrigv/B9-PWings-Fork/releases/tag/V0.92

@Jebman82 I have done a PR too if you want to integrate it. 

In the download, alongside the Gamedata, alternate Gamedata, and Ships, there's a folder called B9 PWings Fork. Does that go separately or into the B9_aerospace_ProceduralWings folder, or do I just ignore it?

I've been having a problem with the fine tune interface and controls. I feel like it's bugged, because if I right click and drag for precise measurements, it moves almost too finely, and then when I release the right mouse, it either snaps back to its original value, or flies off either above or below the value I'm trying to set. Is there something wrong with what I'm doing control-wise?

Hi everyone!

I dropped a minor update yesterday. This included @jrodriguez's asset bundle update.

AFAIK:

• Direct X 9 - OK
  • Direct X 11 - OK
  • OpenGL - Black wings

If anyone has any idea where I might look to learn more about how to make OpenGL shaders, that would be good. Would be nice to make a final update with that included. Everything else appears to function ok from what I can see.

On 3/5/2020 at 8:22 AM, PsvyXloneAeon said:

I've been having a problem with the fine tune interface and controls. I feel like it's bugged, because if I right click and drag for precise measurements, it moves almost too finely, and then when I release the right mouse, it either snaps back to its original value, or flies off either above or below the value I'm trying to set. Is there something wrong with what I'm doing control-wise?

Hi, just "Right Mouse Button Click" for fine increments. Drag it near the size you want. Then right click for tiny increments. This was done on purpose because some people want small wings, others want really large ones. Using the right click allows for best of both worlds, you should be able to get everything perfectly aligned.

4 hours ago, Me1_base said:

confirmed, buy a new PC instead. GTX240M is very old

Unfortunate I know, but would need some guidance on how to add the shaders :/

2 hours ago, Jebman82 said:

Hi everyone!

I dropped a minor update yesterday. This included @jrodriguez's asset bundle update.

AFAIK:

• Direct X 9 - OK
  • Direct X 11 - OK
  • OpenGL - Black wings

If anyone has any idea where I might look to learn more about how to make OpenGL shaders, that would be good. Would be nice to make a final update with that included. Everything else appears to function ok from what I can see.

Hi, just "Right Mouse Button Click" for fine increments. Drag it near the size you want. Then right click for tiny increments. This was done on purpose because some people want small wings, others want really large ones. Using the right click allows for best of both worlds, you should be able to get everything perfectly aligned.

I will provide a fix for this 

5 hours ago, Incarnation of Chaos said:

Isn't OpenGL broken on KSP period? Not saying they shouldn't get a new computer, but even if they did i wasn't aware of OpenGL even being supported anymore.

Nope. OpenGL *NEEDS* to be supported in KSP, or Squad would lose the whole Mac/Linux crowd. (They run OpenGL natively, not DX like Windows machines).

As to *mods* supporting OpenGL or not, thats a whole nuther matter.

On 3/9/2020 at 3:05 AM, Jebman82 said:

Hi everyone!

AFAIK:

• Direct X 9 - OK
  • Direct X 11 - OK
  • OpenGL - Black wings

Using the -force-d3d9 launch option didn't fix the problem for me.
5728742E4CE6CC84B51DA9F469623D9FF2781AA9

15 hours ago, The Space Man said:

Is there no way of scaling the wings up anymore? Tried setting rescaleFactor = 4 like i did years ago in game version 0.90, but it doesn't seem to have any affect on the scale of the wings in game anymore.

Try this https://github.com/tetraflon/B9-PWings-Fork-old/releases/tag/0.3.4a

Hi all,

I just did a new release of this mod compatible with KSP 1.8.X and KSP 1.9.X

https://github.com/jrodrigv/B9-PWings-Fork/releases/tag/v0.93

Changelog:

I would like to say thank you to @DRVeyl and @nepphhh for their beautiful work with ProceduralParts and the new metallic textures

And of course @shadowmage45 for his amazing TU mod (and TUFX of course...)

Summarizing:

x5rjoQ4.jpg

7 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

Hi all,

Changelog:

I would like to say thank you to @DRVeyl and @nepphhh for their beautiful work with ProceduralParts and the new metallic textures

Summarizing:

x5rjoQ4.jpg

@Jebman82 Would you mind to test it to see if the new shaders using SM 3.0 are working in OpenGL mode?

Edited by jrodriguez

16 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

Hi all,

Changelog:

Summarizing:

x5rjoQ4.jpg

@Jebman82 Would you mind to test it to see if the new shaders using SM 3.0 are working in OpenGL mode?

I'll test it shortly and report my findings.

Edit: I'll be testing with both -force-d3d9 and -force-opengl

Edited by Nyarlathotep-

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.