[1.3.x/1.4.x/1.5.x/1.6.x/1.7.x/1.8.x/1.9.x] B9 Procedural Wings Fork - Go big or go home update (40% larger wings)

Jebman82

4 hours ago, GM2021 said:

Is it possible to get a version of this without a FAR dependency?

Yes https://github.com/tetraflon/B9-PWings-Modified/releases/tag/0.41b

4 hours ago, GM2021 said:

When recolouring the wings they reset to the default when you launch.

Never encountered that problem, a few screenshot of this issue would be appreciated. Note that the coloring of TU and B9PW cannot coexist, thus the coloring of B9PW is automatically disabled if a TU config is detected.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2021 at 5:07 AM, Me1_base said:

B9PW Alternative with unlimited size and angle defined option :B9_Procedural_Wings_Modified (modified by 01010101lzy)

First and foremost, I want to wholeheartedly thank you @Me1_base for your version of B9PW! The general tidying-up, the addition of CarnationRED's-style handles, the removal of arbitrary size limits, the precision added to sliders, and more have completely revived this mod for me :wub:

In no way I am requesting nor suggesting the addition of any new features; however, I would like to share some thoughts that crossed my mind while playing with your great version of this mod:

• It would be nice to be able to select between the original B9's colour/texture chooser & textures unlimited colouring - I've read above that both cannot co-exist, so maybe the mod could bundle duplicated parts, one for each colouring method;
  • It would also be nice if textures unlimited would consider the top and bottom surfaces of the wings as separate, enabling the player to colour them differently.

For Context:

Spoiler

I like making entire planes out of B9PW in RSS/RO/Principia:

ezgif-4-3d5922091f32.gif

ezgif-7-75bfc88ddb49.gif

Edited by hypervelocity

1 hour ago, hypervelocity said:

It would be nice to be able to select between the original B9's colour/texture chooser & textures unlimited colouring - I've read above that both cannot co-exist, so maybe the mod could bundle duplicated parts, one for each colouring method;

Not true, ProcParts has a PAW button for toggling between legacy textures and TU.

Edited by siimav

9 hours ago, hypervelocity said:

It would be nice to be able to select between the original B9's colour/texture chooser & textures unlimited colouring - I've read above that both cannot co-exist, so maybe the mod could bundle duplicated parts, one for each colouring method;

Good method, never thought about that. You can actually do it by yourself, by copying the config and modify the part name a little bit. I would include a patch in the new release when i have time.

7 hours ago, siimav said:

Not true, ProcParts has a PAW button for toggling between legacy textures and TU.

There is no API for procedural wings to know whether or not Texture Unlimited chose the legacy texture. The two texture will stick together and create glitch if both activated at the same time. Thus the author of TURD chose to include a default colour B9PW for switching without the colouring mask. I thought TU can serve as a replacement of the default colouring thus I disabled the  default palette of B9PW if TU config is detected.

9 hours ago, hypervelocity said:

It would also be nice if textures unlimited would consider the top and bottom surfaces of the wings as separate, enabling the player to colour them differently.

I believe you should redirect the request to TURD thread, which part for TU to recolour is decided by TURD not B9, I don't know much about texturing in TU.

Edited by Me1_base

1 hour ago, Manwith Noname said:

It could be fixed by editing the model so the top and bottom have different names but this will likely break how the B9 plugin works.

Oh, too complicated:confused:, never ever touch the mesh part.

hey, just a suggestion, can the devs add a thing in the right click so we can know the mass and the lift of the part, would be super useful!  also personally i think the deflection speed of procwings should be higher than 25(to like maybe 40 or even higher). after all the wings are really heavy compared to stock, would make sense if they performed better

On 2/1/2021 at 11:48 PM, Me1_base said:

Good method, never thought about that. You can actually do it by yourself, by copying the config and modify the part name a little bit. I would include a patch in the new release when i have time.

Sorry to bother @Me1_base- I copied wing_procedural_typeA, B & C configs. I changed the part name and changed the config names accordingly. The result was partially satisfactory:

• I now have duplicated B9PW parts as intended. One set of parts are coloured via TU, the other (new) parts have the original B9 colour chooser - that's great!
  • However, the original parts now have 2 Mass/Ratio sliders in their PAW and have increased in weight - any ideas what might have I forgotten in my edits to trigger this?

Can provide pictures if the explanation is not sufficiently clear :)

Edited by hypervelocity

17 hours ago, hypervelocity said:

Sorry to bother @Me1_base- I copied wing_procedural_typeA, B & C configs. I changed the part name and changed the config names accordingly. The result was partially satisfactory:

• I now have duplicated B9PW parts as intended. One set of parts are coloured via TU, the other (new) parts have the original B9 colour chooser - that's great!
  • However, the original parts now have 2 Mass/Ratio sliders in their PAW and have increased in weight - any ideas what might have I forgotten in my edits to trigger this?

Can provide pictures if the explanation is not sufficiently clear :)

I haven't tested it myself.

2 mass slider.. must be something related to FAR

@PART[B9_Aero_Wing_Procedural_TypeA]:NEEDS[ferramGraph] 
{
	!MODULE[ModuleLiftingSurface] {}

MODULE
    {
        name = FARWingAerodynamicModel
        MAC = 4
        MidChordSweep = 0
        b_2 = 4
        TaperRatio = 1
    }
}

You may need to change B9_Aero_Wing_Procedural_Type* to your new part names.

Edited by Me1_base

On 2/3/2021 at 9:56 AM, KSP dogfight master said:

hey, just a suggestion, can the devs add a thing in the right click so we can know the mass and the lift of the part

Yes if you mean "relative lifting area" for "lift"

also personally i think the deflection speed of procwings should be higher than 25(to like maybe 40 or even higher)

Will add actuator speed in next update.

wings are really heavy compared to stock, would make sense if they performed better

B9Pwings performs as good as stock delta wings in terms of lifting area to weight ratio.

hey, just a suggestion, can the devs add a thing in the right click so we can know the mass and the lift of the part, would be super useful!  also personally i think the deflection speed of procwings should be higher than 25(to like maybe 40 or even higher). after all the wings are really heavy compared to stock, would make sense if they performed better

updated, have it a check https://github.com/tetraflon/B9-PWings-Modified/releases/tag/0.42

1 minute ago, KSP dogfight master said:

hi, thankyou so much, everything works flawlessly, however, one of the previous version i used allowed values for things like thickness/width... to be 0, now it seems like there is a hard min cap at 0.050, is there a way to remove this cap?

last time i checked for the situation for which width and thickness to be 0 will create some rendering bugs, thus I add a minimum cap to it.

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings.

Theres an issue I've been having, any support would be appreciated. I made a craft and for some reason while the control surfaces on its wong on the left side are perfectly in place, they arent on the right, being elevated above the wing.  

5 hours ago, LF_Ion said:

Greetings.

Theres an issue I've been having, any support would be appreciated. I made a craft and for some reason while the control surfaces on its wong on the left side are perfectly in place, they arent on the right, being elevated above the wing.  

maybe  a few screenshots to illustrate the problem?

On 3/2/2021 at 4:40 AM, LF_Ion said:

Greetings.

Hello? Still having the issue?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.