[1.3.x/1.4.x/1.5.x/1.6.x/1.7.x/1.8.x/1.9.x] B9 Procedural Wings Fork - Go big or go home update (40% larger wings)

Jebman82

On 3/12/2021 at 7:28 AM, Rui_AD said:

Hi. I'm using PW0.93 with ksp1.8.1. Is it B9PWingsUnlimited.cfg to change the wing size limit?

It is for texture unlimited but it is obsoleted since TURD released a patch for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, the mod does not work in 1.11.2. When loading the game, a message is displayed at the bottom of the screen:
"Mod(s)DLL that are not compatible with this version of ksp
B9_Aerospace_WingStuff 0.0.0.0 Game data\B9_Aerospace_ProceduralWings\Plugins\B9_Aerospace_WingStuff.DLL"

Hopefully this problem can be solved.

On 4/4/2021 at 3:13 AM, astro-french-fries said:

Hi, the mod does not work in 1.11.2. When loading the game, a message is displayed at the bottom of the screen:
"Mod(s)DLL that are not compatible with this version of ksp
B9_Aerospace_WingStuff 0.0.0.0 Game data\B9_Aerospace_ProceduralWings\Plugins\B9_Aerospace_WingStuff.DLL"

Hopefully this problem can be solved.

Actually, I'm in the process of moving/adapting my long term game from 1.9.1 to 1.11.2 and it DOES work (as in it loads, you can build wings and they seem to have the right weight, lift and drag), until you run some other mod along and suddenly you get this compatibility warning and a loading stall. Unfortunately I installed B9 pWings late in a 300+ mods install, so I validated that it works in a minimal install but haven't had the time yet to find in the logs or through trials and errors which mod triggers that behaviour.

If your install is a bit less ridiculous than mine, you might more easily identify the culprit as it is not stricto sensu B9 pWings that is the issue.

Aaaaand the winner is... MechJeb...

Whenever MechJeb (2.12.0.0) and B9 pWings (latest) are installed together, the incompatibility message pops up and the loading stalls, remove one or the other and everything works fine.

Should have known, that is an old issue but it was solved in 1.9.1 at some point, but seems it reappeared since. FAR used to have the same problem, but I don't use it.

Edited by EthanKerbman

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, NippyFlippers said:

How do I download that?

On that github page look for releases link: https://github.com/tetraflon/B9-PWings-Modified/releases

Be aware of download link marked as "pre-release". It may or may not have bugs. Usualy it does not mean that is not broken, rather it is not fully tested. Sometimes you may find in changelogs or read trough issue/pull requests to figure out if there is any known unsolved issues.

Guys someone please respond, every time I try to download P wings they don't work and they have a weird rainbow colored lines on them and they don't change shape, I don't know why this happens.

wth.PNG

Edited by ironman2613
I wanted to add a picture

3 hours ago, ironman2613 said:

Guys someone please respond, every time I try to download P wings they don't work and they have a weird rainbow colored lines on them and they don't change shape, I don't know why this happens.

wth.PNG

which version of b9pw and ksp are you using, and what is your operation system?

Edited by Me1_base

On 4/18/2021 at 2:33 PM, ironman2613 said:

wth.PNG

Yo buddy, still alive?:kiss:

4 hours ago, NippyFlippers said:

Any word on release date for the current version?

Plugins can be used across different versions of KSP given that the version of game engine doesn't change and there is no modification on the part the plugin is working on.

Aw... I have to uninstall B9 Pwings and FAR from my 1.11.2 game until I get a chance to RTFM - or until there's an update for 1.11.2, I suppose. I haven't been able to design a plane with lift yet - note, I'm not exaggerating: none of my designs so far have produced any lift whatsoever. There's no upward arrow to be seen in the SPH no matter what I do. Also, I haven't yet figured out how I can set control surfaces to only pitch, yaw or roll, and not attempt to do all three regardless of how I configure the controls.

If anyone can point me to some helpful reading material or interesting videos to help me with spaceplane design using B9PW 0.4X in KSP 1.10+ that'd be nice. I had a couple of nice designs in KSP 1.9 using B9PW, but I may have to relearn some things.

16 hours ago, Hoozemans said:

Aw... I have to uninstall B9 Pwings and FAR from my 1.11.2 game until I get a chance to RTFM - or until there's an update for 1.11.2, I suppose. I haven't been able to design a plane with lift yet - note, I'm not exaggerating: none of my designs so far have produced any lift whatsoever. There's no upward arrow to be seen in the SPH no matter what I do. Also, I haven't yet figured out how I can set control surfaces to only pitch, yaw or roll, and not attempt to do all three regardless of how I configure the controls.

If anyone can point me to some helpful reading material or interesting videos to help me with spaceplane design using B9PW 0.4X in KSP 1.10+ that'd be nice. I had a couple of nice designs in KSP 1.9 using B9PW, but I may have to relearn some things.

IF you installed FAR, normally there will be no blue arrows on the CoL mark if there is no stock lifting parts. Have you tried to fly the plane and test if there are any lift?

On 2/2/2021 at 3:48 AM, Me1_base said:

Good method, never thought about that. You can actually do it by yourself, by copying the config and modify the part name a little bit. I would include a patch in the new release when i have time.

There is no API for procedural wings to know whether or not Texture Unlimited chose the legacy texture. The two texture will stick together and create glitch if both activated at the same time. Thus the author of TURD chose to include a default colour B9PW for switching without the colouring mask. I thought TU can serve as a replacement of the default colouring thus I disabled the  default palette of B9PW if TU config is detected.

I believe you should redirect the request to TURD thread, which part for TU to recolour is decided by TURD not B9, I don't know much about texturing in TU.

Regarding the latest point I think it is not possible for TURD to recolor top or bottom separate.

I think procedural wings uses the same mesh called "surface" which has the same texture for top and bottom, there must be code within procedural wings to decide when to use the top texture and when the bottom texture is used and it is reassigned. I think there is currently no way for TURD to discriminate top/bottom unfortunately.

Is there a way to define wing shape by sweep angle rather than offset?  The offset definitions make it very hard to keep a smooth transition between parts with the same sweep, and is very hard to use with the slider method of choosing dimensions.  A text input would be nice, too, since then I can go off exact drawings rather than by feel.

Edit: I want to note that even though I figured I can use my CAD program to run the numbers, entry into the edit box is still a pain.

Edited by GKSP

On 4/28/2021 at 1:24 AM, GKSP said:

Is there a way to define wing shape by sweep angle rather than offset?  The offset definitions make it very hard to keep a smooth transition between parts with the same sweep, and is very hard to use with the slider method of choosing dimensions.  A text input would be nice, too, since then I can go off exact drawings rather than by feel.

Edit: I want to note that even though I figured I can use my CAD program to run the numbers, entry into the edit box is still a pain.

Release Version bump · tetraflon/B9-PWings-Modified (github.com) would you help me to test it?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, I have been away from a couple of months and I can see there was some progress! Great to hear.  PW was a little wonky last time I saw it. 

Just messed with it right now and it seems fine. Although .... my CKAN install forces me to take PW with FAR, I can't remove FAR without removing PW. Interesting, as in the OP it is said that FAR is 'recommended' and not a dependency. So I ask: is FAR mandatory? If CKAN won't let me have one without the other, is it ok to download it and install manually without FAR?

1 hour ago, Daniel Prates said:

Hi Guys, I have been away from a couple of months and I can see there was some progress! Great to hear.  PW was a little wonky last time I saw it. 

Just messed with it right now and it seems fine. Although .... my CKAN install forces me to take PW with FAR, I can't remove FAR without removing PW. Interesting, as in the OP it is said that FAR is 'recommended' and not a dependency. So I ask: is FAR mandatory? If CKAN won't let me have one without the other, is it ok to download it and install manually without FAR?

Install with CKAN and then delete the FAR directory

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.