[1.3.x/1.4.x/1.5.x/1.6.x/1.7.x/1.8.x/1.9.x] B9 Procedural Wings Fork - Go big or go home update (40% larger wings)

Jebman82

3 hours ago, Jebman82 said:

I'm an OG KSP player so I love the less soupy atmosphere that FAR helps with. I can see that it still hasn't been updated since 1.3. For my last build I recompiled a version for 1.4 and it seemed to work ok for me. I'm not sure whether I am allowed to include an updated version of this .dll in my fork. So I might go ask in that thread and check the license it has. That is not to say that I am going to begin supporting FAR, I just enjoy the modifications it made to the flight models. Personally I lack the time and experience with that type of mod to be able to offer any meaningful help other than a recompile (gives you an idea of how awesome devs like B9 and Ferram are). Both add-ons are highly complex and I try to only touch what I know I won't break.

new FAR thread

Ok, all tested on 1.5.1 on stock KSP. Everything functioned fine:

• All three wing types (wing, control surface & all moving control surface)
  • Offsets
  • Increments

Test craft flew fine, was able to rotate, fly around, land etc with no issues.

Release is here: https://github.com/Rafterman82/B9-PWings-Fork/releases/tag/0.70

Will update the first post as well. I think the thing I am most keen to resolve now is the shader scaling.

3 hours ago, Jebman82 said:

FAR

I'm an OG KSP player so I love the less soupy atmosphere that FAR helps with. I can see that it still hasn't been updated since 1.3. For my last build I recompiled a version for 1.4 and it seemed to work ok for me. I'm not sure whether I am allowed to include an updated version of this .dll in my fork. So I might go ask in that thread and check the license it has. That is not to say that I am going to begin supporting FAR, I just enjoy the modifications it made to the flight models. Personally I lack the time and experience with that type of mod to be able to offer any meaningful help other than a recompile (gives you an idea of how awesome devs like B9 and Ferram are). Both add-ons are highly complex and I try to only touch what I know I won't break.

B9PW licence allows changes and forked version, as for FAR there is new fork FAR version and thread with removed ARR stuff, so you are good to go wit that, no need to worry about licence for FAR. And people can choose to use FAR or not along with PW.

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/175197-13114x151-b9-procedural-wings-fork-go-big-or-go-home-update-20-larger-wings/&do=findComment&comment=3466552

Don't dl from ckan, ckan version is broken. I found a report in this thread and a discord server that if you dl from ckan, the mod "J" key editor won't appear. However I asked the guy in the discord to reinstall manually and it works

Edited by ssd21345

So as @NeoFatalis noted that reScale factor was 0.1 and should be 1. This value was set before I forked the plugin, so just assumed it was meant to be. So h/t to @NeoFatalis for spotting that one.

@Citizen247 I don't have the original Unity project file for this. I can see the .shader file that uses the post KSP 1.4 implementation. Just not sure what I need to script to get this to work. If you have any ideas, let me know I have the time to look into it.

After that I think I will spend some time on the flap/spoiler issue on stock aero. Have a few things I want to check and I can see from previous commits going back year before I supported this, it was an issue (should help me locate the issue and see if I can devise a fix that doesn't make FAR support regress.

Texture fix will be live in a few mins.

Edited by Jebman82

Is there a way to fix the incorrect deploy direction when using mirror symmetry to create flaps? I.e. one flap deploys up, the other deploys down? I've found that using PartWizard to break symmetry on the parts in the editor after they're placed makes them still deploy together when activated, and makes them both deploy in the same direction - is there a way of using something from that code to make the procedural control surfaces mimic stock behavior?

8 hours ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

Is there a way to fix the incorrect deploy direction when using mirror symmetry to create flaps? I.e. one flap deploys up, the other deploys down? I've found that using PartWizard to break symmetry on the parts in the editor after they're placed makes them still deploy together when activated, and makes them both deploy in the same direction - is there a way of using something from that code to make the procedural control surfaces mimic stock behavior?

So I was gonna take this approach for the following reasons:

• There is already a function that is executed when the part is attached.
  • There is a bool for whether the part is a control surface
  • There is a bool for whether FAR is installed

So in theory I should be able to target a fix for stock aero just on the control surface part when attached. Will see how I get on!

On 6/18/2018 at 12:00 AM, boohey12 said:

I was wondering what you did to increase it to 20% from original I have been using B9 Procedural Parts Modified which lets you increase the size of the wings as much as you want in any direction but its not being updated for the new KSP 1.4 to 1.4.3 and I would love it if you can either have an alteritate version of this mod that lets you do this or tell me modify it to work in 1.4. 

see I make large SSTs and when I use this mod the wings just wont go big enough. 

here is my Lockheed L-2000 SST with the B9 Procedural Parts Modified mod

2qapd3l.png

here is the same aircraft and view with this mod

2aexrpc.png

hope you can maybe give us an mod version like that it would be amazing its the only thing stopping me using the new kerbal version and I would love to get up to date. 

thanks!

DOiLzQU.jpg

Just recompiled and update B9 Procedural Parts Modified to get it works for 1.5.1 for my own use.

Feel free to download and try Download .

I am not an experienced coder and hope Jebman82 can merge all those functions to the current fork.

Link to original source codes is available in the original post.

11 hours ago, Me1_base said:

DOiLzQU.jpg

Just recompiled and update B9 Procedural Parts Modified to get it works for 1.5.1 for my own use.

Feel free to download and try Download .

I am not an experienced coder and hope Jebman82 can merge all those functions to the current fork.

Link to original source codes is available in the original post.

@Me1_base do you have access to github? Be happy to review a PR and merge it in. Also thank you for the help, I recompiled and released this a few days ago with the texture fix. I’ve also nearly resolved the flap spoiler issue on stock aero. I was then going to move onto bumping up the size limits for bigger wings!

2 hours ago, Jebman82 said:

@Me1_base do you have access to github? Be happy to review a PR and merge it in. Also thank you for the help, I recompiled and released this a few days ago with the texture fix. I’ve also nearly resolved the flap spoiler issue on stock aero. I was then going to move onto bumping up the size limits for bigger wings!

https://github.com/01010101lzy/B9-PWings-Fork-old

Github link to the files created by 01010101lzy, sadly my recompiled codes are flushed to recycle bin by mistake, I just asked him for help yesterday. He also stated that he is quite busy right now and unable to debug and update the code, but if you want some texture improvement he would like to try.

2 hours ago, Me1_base said:

https://github.com/01010101lzy/B9-PWings-Fork-old

Github link to the files created by 01010101lzy, sadly my recompiled codes are flushed to recycle bin by mistake, I just asked him for help yesterday. He also stated that he is quite busy right now and unable to debug and update the code, but if you want some texture improvement he would like to try.

Ah ok, quite dated then, would be intrigued to know if that version has the same flap/spoiler issue 

10 hours ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

tested it in stock-ish environment and they do seem to work with appropriate symmetry - will try in my full install next.

Cool thanks for letting me know as I suspect in the part.cfg the node settings are correct. But in the version I’m maintaining there is a workaround someone implemented to flip the textures. You can see this workaround kick in just as you place the part. So just trying to refactor that and not break/regress anything.

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Me1_base said:

If you are not sure about something, just make an attempt:D.

I mean I tried, and it was buggy, so I was wondering if that was because it was not updated or just some bugs that had to be fixed after the update :P

On 1/12/2019 at 8:44 AM, o24UK42o said:

I mean I tried, and it was buggy, so I was wondering if that was because it was not updated or just some bugs that had to be fixed after the update :P

Just tested, mod is 1.6 compatible, although there may be some issues I haven't run into yet.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, TeiwazVIE said:

I hope this is the right thread...

Using B9 PW Modified (v0.3.2H - GitHub link from CKAN), but it seems that the key to edit wings isn't "J" anymore.

Can someone pls tell me how I can edit the wings?

Thx :)

Try this forked version instead (from OP):

https://github.com/Rafterman82/B9-PWings-Fork/releases/tag/0.71

25 minutes ago, kcs123 said:

Try this forked version instead (from OP):

https://github.com/Rafterman82/B9-PWings-Fork/releases/tag/0.71

Thx, but I forgot to mention that I'm running 1.3.1 (RP-1).

Seems to me that branch is compatible with 1.4.3 at best (without compiling the stuff myself - which I'd rather not have to).

[edit]

Nvm, found the backport branch for 1.3.1. Will give it a try.

B9 PW Backport Fork 1.3.1

[/edit]

Edited by TeiwazVIE

1 hour ago, TeiwazVIE said:

Thx, but I forgot to mention that I'm running 1.3.1 (RP-1).

Seems to me that branch is compatible with 1.4.3 at best (without compiling the stuff myself - which I'd rather not have to).

[edit]

Nvm, found the backport branch for 1.3.1. Will give it a try.

B9 PW Backport Fork 1.3.1

[/edit]

Yeah backport should work fine dude, will probably look at the shader issue on that version soon as well. Ping me if you get stuck!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.