[1.3.x/1.4.x/1.5.x/1.6.x/1.7.x/1.8.x/1.9.x] B9 Procedural Wings Fork - Go big or go home update (40% larger wings)

Jebman82

9 minutes ago, Proximity4 said:

OH MY GOD ARE U FRIGGIN SERIOUS IT WORKS FINALLY!!!! You are the best!

Anytime bro! Been meaning to get that uploaded for a while just be too god damn lazy. You did this, by giving me the motivation to get it uploaded so pat yourself on the back and go build some YUGE space planes!

Also made the wings even bigger. Why you ask? Why not! is my answer!

5 hours ago, Jebman82 said:

New version here for KSP 1.6.1, recompile and bigger wings. Don't say I don't love you all

https://github.com/Rafterman82/B9-PWings-Fork/releases/tag/0.80

Shouldn't matter where you launch it from, but just try a manual install of the mod (as it might be an issue with CKAN)

IT IS TIME
TO BUILD ARSENAL BIRD 1:1 SCALE

THANKS

Hi everyone, I would like to thank Lisias. He has done a bunch of refactoring, cleared some NRE’s. And wait for it... solved the mirror flaps/spoiler issues in stock aero. I will need to recompile and check for regression so should hopefully have a new release over the next couple of weeks (lots of testing to do). Thanks again Lisias for your hard work and the pull request!

Edited by Jebman82

1 hour ago, Jebman82 said:

Hi everyone, I would like to thank Lisias. He has done a bunch of refactoring, cleared some NRE’s. And wait for it... solved the mirror flaps/spoiler issues in stock aero. I will need to recompile and check for regression so should hopefully have a new release over the next couple of weeks (lots of testing to do). Thanks again Lisias for your hard work and the pull request!

Nice to see some fixes to proc wings but I noticed that those commits by Lisias messed up the formatting of the code by using tabs instead of spaces. You should probably un-tabify the lines he edited so that it wouldn't contain mixed spaces and tabs.

8 minutes ago, siimav said:

Nice to see some fixes to proc wings but I noticed that those commits by Lisias messed up the formatting of the code by using tabs instead of spaces. You should probably un-tabify the lines he edited so that it wouldn't contain mixed spaces and tabs.

Don’t worry we will get everything sorted, compliant and following best practices!

Nice work.

Looking forward to seeing procedural solar panel wings, still pending for integrating some convenient functions such as scale root to match wing tip, define wings by root and leading edge/ and trailing edge sweep angle from previous forks:D.

5 minutes ago, Me1_base said:

Nice work.

Looking forward to seeing procedural solar panel wings, still pending for integrating some convenient functions such as scale root to match wing tip, define wings by root and leading edge/ and trailing edge sweep angle from previous forks:D.

Yeah if i’m honest that kinda of stuff is a while off. A lot of refactoring will be needed to get it working again (the functions for auto size settings are quite long even if the concept is pretty straight forward. So probably would need to remove the legacy code and re-write it. Solar powered wings might be easier if I can use the existing textures and create a new part. Would need some form of surface area calculation as well. 

Just making sure I set expectations as I don’t have a huge amount of time due to RL.

On 2/4/2019 at 11:35 AM, siimav said:

[cut by me] I noticed that those commits by Lisias messed up the formatting of the code by using tabs instead of spaces. You should probably un-tabify the lines he edited so that it wouldn't contain mixed spaces and tabs.

Yaeh. Me too. I fixed that on the second push request. :) 

— — — — 
There's an issue with Atmospheric AutoPilot. I'm trying to figure out a way out of the mess before Jebman82's next release (and without a change on AA, currently the only way I found to survive this).

Edited by Lisias
issue on AA

On 2/4/2019 at 11:44 AM, Jebman82 said:

Don’t worry we will get everything sorted, compliant and following best practices!

I my humble opinion, you should use your time wisely. Code compliance and best practices are less important than getting the work done. ;) 

You can always accept pull requests from colleagues willing to help you on "code compliance and best practices" if this is important to them.

This is not a job, you are not getting paid. And you don't need to do everything by yourself. ;) 

Edited by Lisias
tpyo

On 2/11/2019 at 1:25 PM, faryzal2020 said:

Sad, the wing length and the thickness is still limited :(

Hide contents

VqUukJ3.png

The WIP arsenal bird that i made on KSP 1.4.3:

Hide contents

100m Length, about 25m Height, and about 550m Wide (the complete version would be 900m Wide) lXnJymE.jpgxRjmZUz.jpg

It is feasible to use my recompiled version of b9pwm in KSP 1.6 but I cannot guarantee a fix when kraken comes.

1 hour ago, Me1_base said:

It is feasible to use my recompiled version of b9pwm in KSP 1.6 but I cannot guarantee a fix when kraken comes.

I will bump this value up a bit for the next incremental release. It’s a trivial change at most!

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 3:21 AM, Me1_base said:

DOiLzQU.jpg

Just recompiled and update B9 Procedural Parts Modified to get it works for 1.5.1 for my own use.

Feel free to download and try Download .

I am not an experienced coder and hope Jebman82 can merge all those functions to the current fork.

Link to original source codes is available in the original post.

AWESOME! been on just installing 1.6.1 will it work for that one? i'm willing to go back to 1.5.1

thanks 

20 hours ago, boohey12 said:

AWESOME! been on just installing 1.6.1 will it work for that one? i'm willing to go back to 1.5.1

The bug fixing I did above was done running on 1.6.1, and tested down to 1.4.1 . So, yah. The next release will work for almost everybody. :)

11 hours ago, Lisias said:

The bug fixing I did above was done running on 1.6.1, and tested down to 1.4.1 . So, yah. The next release will work for almost everybody. :)

Patch to 1.6.1 and can still run on 1.4.1? like t2 has done sth to the game.

On 2/16/2019 at 11:27 PM, Me1_base said:

Patch to 1.6.1 and can still run on 1.4.1? like t2 has done sth to the game.

There're Add'Ons working fine from 1.2.2 to 1.6.1. :)

KJR/L is one of such Add'Ons, but it's not the only one. Far from it.

It depends from what features you are using.

Edited by Lisias
tasting my own medicine :)

On 2/16/2019 at 2:37 AM, boohey12 said:

thanks 

In most case, it will work. But I cannot provide any support to you.  Full credit goes to the original authors of this fork. 01010101lzy bac9 and Crzyrndm.

How do I use this? This really needs some better explanation. Tried everything mentioned in that reddit thread:

But just nothing happens.

EDIT: KSP 1.3.1 with RO, PWings 0.40.13

Edited by cami

Maybe this is more of a KSP-wide question/issue but is there any means of manually entering/tweaking the wing values instead of using the increasingly-fine-grained sliders? I build a lot of small planes/craft, and wind up using maybe the left-most millimeter of the slider for the most part, making it really hard to match scales when adding control surfaces, etc.

I hope I'm not totally missing an alternate tweak method for pwings... ;)

This doesn't seem to be working in 1.6.1 for me.  When trying to open the UI to configure the wing (which I assume is done with the "Show wing data" button), I get an exception:

[EXC 17:42:27.255] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	WingProcedural.WingProcedural.InfoToggleEvent ()
	BaseEvent.Invoke ()
	UIPartActionButton.OnClick ()
	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke ()
	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke ()
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press ()
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

Any ideas?

Edit: Nevermind, the UI was there it was just hiding, camouflaged in the corner.  The wing can be tweaked, but the "show wing data" button is still broken.

Edited by `Orum

On 2/19/2019 at 9:29 AM, Beetlecat said:

Maybe this is more of a KSP-wide question/issue but is there any means of manually entering/tweaking the wing values instead of using the increasingly-fine-grained sliders? I build a lot of small planes/craft, and wind up using maybe the left-most millimeter of the slider for the most part, making it really hard to match scales when adding control surfaces, etc.

I hope I'm not totally missing an alternate tweak method for pwings... ;)

It is possible to edit those values in carft files but can be quite painful as you need to reload the craft frequently.

On 2/19/2019 at 5:44 AM, boohey12 said:

Only Issue im having with this mod now its the DRAG its made my 1125m/s airliner to a 356m/s :( any chance you can reduce the drag of the wings

Install FAR

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone! 

I never used procedural wings (neither B9 nor PWings). I have a stupid (may be) question :

Is it possible to make several wing/winglets once and then use it as templates/predefined aero parts in different crafts? 

Edited by evileye.x

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.