Hello world

Nervenkobold_GER

Im new at this forum.

I have many hours with KSP but now i will go back to 1.2. and i will try RSS.

Wich mods i need to have a really good realistic?

I tried RO/RP 0 but i have the problem with my engines in vacuum. they dont start. i know i need presure in the tanks to have the fuel at the engines.

Have i to play RSS with RO/RP 0 ?

Im very grateful for helpful tips !!!

Best wishes

Hi @Nervenkobold_GER and welcome to the forums! 

It sounds like you have discovered that most RO engines have limited ignitions and/or ullage requirements for fuel. From the wiki: 

Restarting an engine is a tricky prospect, requires just the right conditions, and even then most engines only have a limited number of restarts. Issues such as freefall causing propellants to float away from their feed lines complicate the matter. To solve this, LVs use small motors called "ullage motors" to settle the propellants before igniting their main engines. Spacecraft often use RCS for this purpose. Assuming propellants are settled, the engine must be able to ignite; most first stage engines have only one ignition (often provided externally), though some upper stage engines have multiple ignitions. Because of their simplicity--needing neither to ignite their propellants nor spin up a turbopump--pressure-fed hypergolic engines have effectively infinite ignitions. Indeed, that's all RCS is: sets of small hypergolic (or catalyzed monopropellant or cold-gas) pressure-fed engines.

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/wiki/False-KSP-Lessons#myth-rocket-engines-are-infinitely-restartable