S or A  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you think is better?

What do you think? I just got a S8+ and I'm so excited! You might be shocked but the S9 is currently the best phone overall. It' much cheaper than the iPhone X and has more features, plus a better camera. And is faster at games. Even the older S8 can compete with the X and Apple doesn' have a iphone X plus with a bigger screen while Samsung does.

Samsung is higher quality than those cheap apple phones that only last a year. Samsung's can last 5 years+!

Worldwide, most phones are Samsung, not apple. Steve Jobs did a better job than the current CEO.

I always used to use Apple but now that' changed. Samsung is growing faster than ever!

Edited by Guest

33 minutes ago, dundun93 said:

Samsung is growing faster than ever!

By making products as quickly as possible then throwing all of them at the market, leaving users practically clueless.

I only need a phone that :

- Handles cellular calls (not just .net based) and SMS

- Handles documents (emergency option in absence of computers)

- Handles the .net

- Lasts a few days on one charge even with fair use

- Takes some beating (but definitely not too much - don't think we can back to those polycarbonate yet kevlar graded Nokias).

Samsung is not particularly top-notch in the Android world - they tend to bundle with loads of near-bloatware.

The only downside to any Apple product is they're generally more expensive. Having them is a statement. Having anything else means you just get along with anything.

I have a cracked (definitely my fault) midget Samsung. At least by most of your standards...

20 minutes ago, YNM said:

Samsung is not particularly top-notch in the Android world - they tend to bundle with loads of near-bloatware.

Yes they are. People say that because they are jealous. People think apple is the best but no. Samsung is cheaper($900 vs $600) so why buy a apple anyway? It has no advantage but is more expensive and less quality.

Lasts a few days on one charge even with fair use

Samsung's have long battery life.

By making products as quickly as possible then throwing all of them at the market, leaving users practically clueless.

No. By making high quality products slowly and putting it on the market. People know what they are buying. Why would Samsung have the lead right now then? They only release one phone per year like apple.

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, dundun93 said:

Yes they are.

I'd rather have any Nexus.

Also, get to the midget range Apple out of touch, Samsung practically useless.

Just now, YNM said:

Apple out of touch, Samsung practically useless.

What does that mean?

1 minute ago, YNM said:

I'd rather have any Nexus.

Why? They are high quality but they are basic. Why not get a Samsung?

Samsung J7

I already have that. It's where I'm posting from now.

But if you notice, most of them don't even offer anything starkly different. Only minor upgrades.

That's why it's shut.

Just now, YNM said:

I already have that. It's where I'm posting from now.

But if you notice, most of them don't even offer anything starkly different. Only minor upgrades.

That's why it's shut.

Well.. yes but Apple doesn't even have any phones under 500.

but Apple doesn't even have any phones under 500.

Hence why they (samsung) holds near-monopoly of the market.

Edited by YNM

rather have any Nexus

9 minutes ago, YNM said:

That's why it's shut.

Is Nexus any better?

6 minutes ago, YNM said:

Hence why they hold near-monopoly of the market.

But apple samsung is looseing GAINING that monopoly FAST!

6 minutes ago, YNM said:

(Samsung)

Oh.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, dundun93 said:

Is Nexus any better?

Basic AOSP is always good. Google hold your backs there. You'll almost always gets the latest Android versions.

2 minutes ago, dundun93 said:

But apple is looseing that monopoly FAST!

Wait until all the chinese brands invade the midget market. Everyone else will be locked shut.

3 minutes ago, YNM said:

Basic AOSP is always good. Google hold your backs there. You'll almost always gets the latest Android versions.

Wait until all the chinese brands invade the midget market. Everyone else will be locked shut.

China is even cheaper!

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, dundun93 said:

Um. Looks interesting 

Half the price as well !

One of them (Oppo) uses it's own AOSP fork, ColorOS.

EDIT : And as the wise man posted after me, I haven't went to the full floor, like ZTE or Huawei or Xiaomi.

Edited by YNM

I honestly cannot stand either Samsung or Apple. They both price phones at rediculous amounts nowhere near the price. I have a ZTE Blade Z max- 16 mp camera, octo-core 1.4 GHz processor, a 6- inch 1080p IPS screen, 36 gigs of memory and 2 gigs of ram. One hundred and thirty dollars. Neither Samsung nor apple realize that you don't have to markup phones prices by like 400 percent ($270 dollars to manufacture an iPhone X) to turn a profit.

EDIT: I have also used this phone to do the vast majority of my forum activity. 

Edited by Kernel Kraken

Neither. I don't see much use for smart phones other than quick access to the internet if you want to search something on the go. They're horrendously inferior to computers when it comes to watching movies (dinky little screens) and playing games, or just reading in general.

Get one of these instead:

Related image
Literally a hundred times cheaper, and about as effective for making calls :D
Needs more marketing though

26 minutes ago, Kernel Kraken said:

'what on God's loving green earth are you talking about'.

You've opened the floor right down into the abyss of reality.

39 minutes ago, YNM said:

And as the wise man posted after me, I haven't went to the full floor, like ZTE or Huawei or Xiaomi.

Now, I don't say they can't make anything - but within short-term memory they were better known as modem makers. Obviously they now have embraced the forces themselves. Oppo and Vivo are particularly new brands; but they're in the game nicely from start. They don't have me stupendously smirking "oh, they used to be only modems I thought ?", and they're definitely on the call to seize the market the way Samsung did.

But you did the "cutting room floor" squarely.

EDIT : @Earthlinger Think some of the cost might had been sunk into the monthly bills ? (can't get the model)

Edited by YNM

Excuse me, but what phones other than the S9 have a variable-aperture lens?

Also, we all must understand that different people use phones for different uses. Some only need basic internet, talk/text, and a simple camera. Others (me and 93 included) use games alot, need the best quality cameras, and maximum performance. If I didn't play games on mobile devices, I would be good for life with my Samsung Galaxy Ace Style. But I play games on phones, and right now, I'm not getting acceptable performance. Not to mention that I'm always running out of storage space. So we all have different requirements, and we must remember that.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, dundun93 said:

the "neither" option was a afterthought and could easily be removed if everyone says that.

Easily the only option outside the western world.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.