Configuration file to fill in the blanks left by combining Outer Planets Mod with Community Resource Pack?

I'm currently deciding which mods to use for a modded career game. I'd like to use both Outer Planets Mod and Kerbal Planetary Base Systems. But Kerbal Planetary Base Systems uses two non-stock resources, Enriched Uranium and Depleted Uranium. Those resources are added by one of its dependencies, Community Resource Pack, and it appears that combining Outer Planets Mod with Community Resource Pack leaves me with some blanks to fill in. Community Resource Pack adds many resources and planet specific configurations for some of them. For example, the resource Alumina isn't found on gas giants, so the Alumina.cfg file has a section setting all of its values to 0 for Jool:

PLANETARY_RESOURCE
{
    ResourceName = Alumina
    ResourceType = 0
    PlanetName = Jool

Distribution
    {
        PresenceChance = 0
        MinAbundance = 0
        MaxAbundance = 0
        Variance = 0
        Dispersal = 0
    }
}

It has no such sections for Sarnus, Urlum, and Neidon, so those are some of the things that need to be in the configuration file that I'm missing:

PLANETARY_RESOURCE
{
    ResourceName = Alumina
    ResourceType = 0
    PlanetName = Sarnus

Distribution
    {
        PresenceChance = 0
        MinAbundance = 0
        MaxAbundance = 0
        Variance = 0
        Dispersal = 0
    }
}

Note that Outer Planets Mod itself already has these sections for the outer gas giants and the stock resource Ore. And in the exact same file where Outer Planets Mod has those sections (OPM_Resources.cfg), there is also a section to disable ISRU contracts to extract Ore from the new planets that don't have it:

@Contracts
{
    @ISRU
    {
        @RESOURCE_REQUEST[Ore]
        {
            Forbidden = Sarnus
            Forbidden = Urlum
            Forbidden = Neidon
        }
    }
}

Community Resource Pack's configuration files don't appear to have any sections to disable ISRU contracts to extract new resources from Jool. Is this because the stock configuation for ISRU contracts can only generate an ISRU contract for the stock resource Ore, so there's no need to disable them for new resources? Regardless, is disabling ISRU contracts for new resources from the new gas giants something that should be done in case another mod enables them? I imagine that this would require a configuration section like this:

@Contracts
{
    @ISRU
    {
        @RESOURCE_REQUEST[Alumina]
        {
            Forbidden = Jool
            Forbidden = Sarnus
            Forbidden = Urlum
            Forbidden = Neidon
        }
        @RESOURCE_REQUEST[Dirt]
        {
            Forbidden = Jool
            Forbidden = Sarnus
            Forbidden = Urlum
            Forbidden = Neidon
        }
    }
}

Is multiple @RESOURCE_REQUEST sections in a single @ISRU section in a single @Contracts section the correct syntax? And will it combine badly with the stock configuration for ISRU contracts that doesn't generate contracts to extract non-stock resources? And where would the new configuration file need to be installed? Add it to the GameData/[ModName] subdirectory for Outer Planets Mod or Community Resource Pack? Or in a new GameData/[ModName] subdirectory? Would it need to be loade d after both of the mods that it affects? And if so, how do I ensure that?

Am I re-inventing any wheels here? Has someone already created this missing configuration file?

Edited by TheBeardyMan
formatting

On 5/23/2018 at 2:15 PM, TheBeardyMan said:

I'm currently deciding which mods to use for a modded career game. I'd like to use both Outer Planets Mod and Kerbal Planetary Base Systems. But Kerbal Planetary Base Systems uses two non-stock resources, Enriched Uranium and Depleted Uranium. Those resources are added by one of its dependencies, Community Resource Pack, and it appears that combining Outer Planets Mod with Community Resource Pack leaves me with some blanks to fill in. Community Resource Pack adds many resources and planet specific configurations for some of them. For example, the resource Alumina isn't found on gas giants, so the Alumina.cfg file has a section setting all of its values to 0 for Jool:

These config nodes exist so that when players deploy orbital survey probes they will get no results, as it should be, because there is no surface to land on with mining equipment. However, surface resources will apparently still show in the resources overlay. Jool's atmosphere is short enough to allow such scanners to be deployed.

It's honestly a waste of time to fill this in or deploy said scanners in-game (especially once you know you cannot land on Jool) to harvest them.

It has no such sections for Sarnus, Urlum, and Neidon, so those are some of the things that need to be in the configuration file that I'm missing:

CRP only provides resource distributions for the stock planets. It will never contain configs that name planets and moons in planet mods. (But whatever happens, happens concerning the global config nodes.)

Note that Outer Planets Mod itself already has these sections for the outer gas giants and the stock resource Ore. And in the exact same file where Outer Planets Mod has those sections (OPM_Resources.cfg), there is also a section to disable ISRU contracts to extract Ore from the new planets that don't have it:

Community Resource Pack's configuration files don't appear to have any sections to disable ISRU contracts to extract new resources from Jool. Is this because the stock configuation for ISRU contracts can only generate an ISRU contract for the stock resource Ore, so there's no need to disable them for new resources? Regardless, is disabling ISRU contracts for new resources from the new gas giants something that should be done in case another mod enables them? I imagine that this would require a configuration section like this:

The contract system (as far as I know, I don't play career) only cares about Ore when making resource requests. The option is provided to tell that system that these named planets are invalid (since, like Jool, they have no surface to land on). There is no need to forbid other resources. If the need was there, the system might make requests for fuel because all the other stock resources are fuel (except Ablator).

Is multiple @RESOURCE_REQUEST sections in a single @ISRU section in a single @Contracts section the correct syntax? And will it combine badly with the stock configuration for ISRU contracts that doesn't generate contracts to extract non-stock resources? And where would the new configuration file need to be installed? Add it to the GameData/[ModName] subdirectory for Outer Planets Mod or Community Resource Pack? Or in a new GameData/[ModName] subdirectory? Would it need to be loade d after both of the mods that it affects? And if so, how do I ensure that?

Am I re-inventing any wheels here? Has someone already created this missing configuration file?

All that you need is a little wisdom or common sense when approaching things in-game. Meanwhile it may be safe to bet that some players know that Jool is not landable and will still send surface scanners to it. :rolleyes:

You can save your new config anywhere in GameData but not inside CRP. No one is to edit those files and expect the CRP owners to accept it for the next release of it.

Once again, to do these extra configs is sadly a waste of time.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.