Ascending/descending nodes not appearing.

So I'm currently trying to complete a mission to Jool to set up a relay. I was intending to do an inclination correction in orbit, but the nodes aren't visible, I can only warp to them with Kerbal Alarm Clock.

List of mods:

• Kerbal Engineer
  • Kerbal alarm clock
  • Trajectories
  • Time control
  • Radar Altimeter
  • National Flags
  • Maneuver node evolved

Things I have tried:

• Quicksave and quickload
  • Uninstall Maneuver node evolved
  • Restart KSP

I was just wondering If I was the only one who gets this problem? If not, what mod actually causes it, and is there a fix? I have a feeling it's Kerbal Alarm Clock, but I'm reluctant to uninstall that...

Did you target something? You must target something first, like Tylo or Laythe or something. The stock game doesn't show you your an/dn relative to the plane of the universe/planet equator, but only relative to something else orbiting the same body.

5 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

Did you target something? You must target something first, like Tylo or Laythe or something. The stock game doesn't show you your an/dn relative to the plane of the universe/planet equator, but only relative to something else orbiting the same body.

I have targeted Eve (I was planning a gravity assist) but I was still in orbit around kerbin. I suppose that’s my problem, seems a little silly though, not being able to do LKO inclination changes for other planets. Is there a mod that improves this?

Edited by Ol’ Musky Boi

26 minutes ago, Ol’ Musky Boi said:

I have targeted Eve (I was planning a gravity assist) but I was still in orbit around kerbin. I suppose that’s my problem, seems a little silly though, not being able to do LKO inclination changes for other planets. Is there a mod that improves this?

Transfer Planner will tell you what angle to eject from Kerbin, but won't show you.

You can't just "align your orbit with Eve" though in LKO, because Kerbin and Eve are moving in relation to the Sun and ... well it's complicated but it just doesn't work.

2 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Transfer Planner will tell you what angle to eject from Kerbin, but won't show you.

You can't just "align your orbit with Eve" though in LKO, because Kerbin and Eve are moving in relation to the Sun and ... well it's complicated but it just doesn't work.

I just wanted to be on the same inclination around Kerbin thar eve is around the sun so I don’t have to do an expensive mid-course correction burn.

1 hour ago, Ol’ Musky Boi said:

I just wanted to be on the same inclination around Kerbin thar eve is around the sun so I don’t have to do an expensive mid-course correction burn.

That's what I'm saying, though.That doesn't work.

If you eject from Kerbin when you're tilted, relative to Kerbin, the same way Eve's tilted to the Sun, then you'll be just about as bad off as you were ejecting equatorially.

I can't get into the math because I don't know it, but try ejecting from Mun to Minmus tilted to match Minmus' orbit's tilt. You can easily see all the players in this case, and see that your resultant orbit around Kerbin will not actually match Minmus'.

What 5HM said, plus a mid course correction, if you leave at the right window to start with, is not very expensive at all.   That's why you do them mid course, and not at the end, for the fuel savings. 

6 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

That's what I'm saying, though.That doesn't work.

If you eject from Kerbin when you're tilted, relative to Kerbin, the same way Eve's tilted to the Sun, then you'll be just about as bad off as you were ejecting equatorially.

I can't get into the math because I don't know it, but try ejecting from Mun to Minmus tilted to match Minmus' orbit's tilt. You can easily see all the players in this case, and see that your resultant orbit around Kerbin will not actually match Minmus'.

Would I be correct in thinking that this doesn’t work because:

-The probes relative velocity to the sun makes inclination changes less significant in LKO

-The solar orbits would only match anyway if the burn was performed at the ascending/descending nodes of Kerbin and Eve around the sun, which would not correspond to the optimal transfer window to begin with.

3 hours ago, Ol’ Musky Boi said:

Would I be correct in thinking that this doesn’t work because:

-The probes relative velocity to the sun makes inclination changes less significant in LKO

-The solar orbits would only match anyway if the burn was performed at the ascending/descending nodes of Kerbin and Eve around the sun, which would not correspond to the optimal transfer window to begin with.

Yup. You would be quite correct in both of those.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.