expanded KSP universe?

strider3

I've lately been seeing talk and pictures of KSP planets and such I've never heard of...can you direct me to the mod/s that may be being used? I thought "Interplanetary" would be one but it doesn't mention new worlds.

Edited by strider3
grammar, as always LOL

I think you'd want to post this in Add-On Discussions :P This is where actual mod development downloads and topics go!

These pictures and talks are from people utilizing the mod "Kopernicus" in order to allow various separate "planet packs" to be applied to the game. Some of these packs add to the stock system, others revamp it entirely.

To name a few:

Extra Solar adds a red dwarf called Valentine which orbits Kerbol. The star comes with its own little system of planets and moons. Its far out enough that it doesn't interfere with most other planet packs so you can use it with an otherwise stock system, with Outer Planets Mod or even Galileos pack which replaces the stock system entirely (I believe). Personally haven't made it out there in my game yet but had a quick look in a test save and the pack looks amazing!

In the OP you mention Interplanetary, perhaps you mean Interstellar? Interstellar is a pretty complex mod that adds a huge number of parts along with complex gameplay mechanics to enable interstellar travel. It would be suitable for use with extrasolar but I personally didnt want to add all those additional gameplay layers. I will probably use roverdude's Alcubieerre warp drive mod to get my kerbals out there (Valentine is a LOT further out than even the outer planets in the OPM mod above). This mod adds an easy to use standalone warp drive although you may need nuclear reactors from something like Near Future Electrical to be able to power and recharge the warp drive easily.

Edited by Zorg

<Zorg> you are right, I used the wrong term. I believe the Outer Planets mod planets are the ones I have seen referenced in various text, pictures and video tutorial. I am nowhere near ready to actually leave the solar system! LOL!

On 5/26/2018 at 9:30 AM, Victor3 said:

<Zorg> you are right, I used the wrong term. I believe the Outer Planets mod planets are the ones I have seen referenced in various text, pictures and video tutorial. I am nowhere near ready to actually leave the solar system! LOL!

Haha well I only managed to get a single probe/relay to Sarnus in OPM in my previous save before starting over in a new science mode game recently. I too will need to thoroughly explore the outer planets first :P

Still Valentine is a nice challenge to aim for. Also you can always add it to an existing save without issues when you feel ready.

Edited by Zorg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.