Windows 10 or 7? Which is better?

10 or 7  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you think is better?

What do you think?

Windows 10 is glitchy but looks modern and has lots of features.

Windows 7 is stable and faster but older fashion.

Edited by Guest

7 was great in its time, but ive been using 8.1 for the much faster boot time. have to run classic shell but its still the same old windows. 10 is most certainly in hell no territory. id rather use linux. if an os upgrade is going to break everything then maybe its time to move along. maybe reactos will get to usable by the time 8.1 gets to its end of service. 

Edited by Nuke

10 because 7 does not support the latest hardware. No brainer.

I had XP for the longest time, then 7 for a bit, honestly 10 is the best out of the bunch for me so far (mainly because it has stayed completely out of my way and everything works) though I've only had it for a few months. I've not noticed any glitches or update problems.

Games break themselves with updates more often if you ask me. *COUGH* *KSP* <HARD GLARE> ;)

Edited by p1t1o

I use Michealsoft Binbows 8.1 so i really don't know. I heard alot of complaints about Windows 10 and alot of praise for Windows 7, so i geuss Windows 7 is better?

I never really tried Windows 10 so i can't judge.

Windows 7 seemed really unstable, Windows 8 seemed really unusable, and Windows 10 seems really unfathomable. Still, it works. Only problem I have is finding everything. 

Personally, I have more problems with other microsoft products...

3 hours ago, Bill Phil said:

Windows 7 seemed really unstable

With Windows 7 I even already have forgotten the software installation process, have to rememeber all settings every 2 years.
Works for months without restarting, really the best OS in history.

Whichever one I got. Currently win10 on the laptop but my old PC is win7 and previous laptop is win8.

If only they extended the XP and made upgrading not a hassle with logging in or special updater programs.

I liked 7 a lot, I think it was probably the best OS Microsoft has produced in a long time. 8 was horrifying. The initial releases of 10 were bad, but they have improved, and the current releases are actually quite usable. I use 10 on all of my machines, except for one at home that is still running 7 for reasons. If I had to pick, I would say that I like the user interface on 7 slightly better, but not enough to give up the hardware compatibilities that I'm getting with the latest releases of 10.

4 hours ago, Bill Phil said:

Personally, I have more problems with other microsoft products...

Powershell.... :0.0::(:confused::o:mad:

Win 7 for life! The UI is sooo much better. And it's much more stable. In the 3 yrs I've had my 7 laptop, it's never given me a BSOD, or any crashes for that matter. In comparison, @dundun93s 10 laptop has given numerous BSODs in it's lifetime. And, unlike what many say, I haven't found 1 compatibility issue by running 7.

1 hour ago, kerbiloid said:

With Windows 7 I even already have forgotten the software installation process, have to rememeber all settings every 2 years.
Works for months without restarting, really the best OS in history.

You must be lucky. I had to reformat it and reinstall it every once in a while. 

I definitely disagree about the best OS in history...

Personally, I use Windows 10, not by choice,  though. Because that's what the computer I was given for Christmas came with. I'm not really complaining, it's a good OS, but I seem to be getting a BSOD every few days on average. It's probably not OS related, but it's annoying, I'll have to fix that soon.

Another gripe is that on Edge, there's a button at the top of the screen that hides all of your tabs, and it's really easy to click accidentally... I think I lost something I was writing once due to that darned button!

EDIT: And the background programs - 25% of my 8GB RAM is being used at any given time. I need to get another RAM stick.

Edited by Ultimate Steve

8 hours ago, p1t1o said:

10 because 7 does not support the latest hardware. No brainer.

I had XP for the longest time, then 7 for a bit, honestly 10 is the best out of the bunch for me so far (mainly because it has stayed completely out of my way and everything works) though I've only had it for a few months. I've not noticed any glitches or update problems.

Games break themselves with updates more often if you ask me. *COUGH* *KSP* <HARD GLARE> ;)

the latest hardware isnt that much better than hardware from 4 years ago. hard to justify spending $1k on parts when you only get < 10% increase in performance. ive been trying to replace my 4790k for 2 years now and every time i look at comparative benchmarks between it and newer hardware im somewhat disappointed, then buy something cool like a new monitor or a 3d printer. i hope things are better next time around, because aging hardware tends to fail.

Edited by Nuke

1 hour ago, invision said:

aside from  build 1803 botched update win10 is solid and never  crashes.

10 is less "solid" that win 7 period.

5 hours ago, dundun93 said:

10 is less "solid" that win 7 period.

Back that up with some facts.  

I can say that Win 10 is more st as bike than any previous version.  Among other things. I work with support people who deal with windows all the time and for the past few years, the problems with windows itself are minimal.   The same cannot be said for 3rd party drivers, which is where most windows problems come  from

8 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Back that up with some facts.  

I can say that Win 10 is more st as bike than any previous version.  Among other things. I work with support people who deal with windows all the time and for the past few years, the problems with windows itself are minimal.   The same cannot be said for 3rd party drivers, which is where most windows problems come  from

One of the reasons 7 has outsold 10 is because it's the most stable win OS. 8.1 is the fastest.

I loved Windows 7. The main reason that I hate 10 is because it's all 'new'. Still got 7 on my 2008 desktop, still runs perfectly. Just haven't figured out how to turn off Narrator from starting every time I log in

12 hours ago, Nuke said:

the latest hardware isnt that much better than hardware from 4 years ago. 

Hahaha! I'll have to respectfully disagree with that one, plus Im not just talking about RAM, CPUs & GPUs.

Though I would agree that if you buy a new computer today, it will stay current for a lot longer than they used to, in terms of performance.

4 hours ago, dundun93 said:

One of the reasons 7 has outsold 10 is because it's the most stable win OS. 8.1 is the fastest. 

Nah, I'd probably think 7 out sold 10 is because they gave 10 away for free.....

BSOD's are not just because of an OS, they can be caused by a combination of hardware and software conflicts.   So buying a budget laptop, and then blaming the software for problems, is like having a Yugo and blaming the high octane gas for breakdowns.   It's not just one thing. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.